“Very pricey and average food”
Review of Barefoot BBQ

Barefoot BBQ
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The food here is average. The chicken was good but the sauce was terrible. Macaroni was ok but skip the blue/purple slaw. Very pricey for what you get! Skip this coach unless you just can't do without.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We were very disappointed with our lunch after reading the reviews for the following reasons:

1) This is really just an elaborate "food cart" - but they added to my bill without any mention a 10% Gratuity despite needing to stand in line to order your food and being beckoned with bullhorn to get your own food. You get your own plastic silverware and sit at picnic tables.

I have no problem tipping at a food cart - In fact, I tipped over 10% myself just because the guy who took our order was pleasant. Once I sat down, I noticed the 10% gratuity added on - the result was I ended up tipping over 20% where nobody really waited on us.
Frustrating and I have never seen another food cart, including some of the fine food carts in Austin, Seattle and Portland, add on a gratuity.

2) In addition to the 10% gratuity added to my bill, I then found a "Service Fee (1%)" added on to the bill with no explanation - I assume it was because I used a credit card but I saw no sign nor was anything mentioned. The 10% gratuity was then computed from the gross total including the "Service Fee" and sales tax.

3) After finding the surprises on my bill, I saw that I was charged $0.40 for "Tap Water" - the charge was not a big deal but it started to stand out as pretty ridiculous considering the food and beverages I had purchased.

4) The brisket was DRY and covered with a rub that seemed to find itself on everything that came out of the kitchen. The brisket had no smoke ring and it had the texture of an overdone roast. My wife is a Texan and a brisket veteran - she was not impressed.

5) I informed the pleasant guy taking our order that I wanted a side of macaroni and cheese for my 8 year old - it came out of the kitchen with a heavy sprinkling of their omnipresent rub - my kid ate a bite and didn't like it. He universally likes macaroni and cheese no matter where we usually order it - he was unimpressed.

6) Despite the big sign saying "AMAZING Tuna Dip" and further praise from the pleasant guy who took our order - the Tuna Dip was far from amazing and was really very mundane and blah. The scoop of boring Tuna Dip came on a bed of spinach leaves and carrot shreds with a dozen stale round tortilla chips....

7) Bad Classic Rock music playing over the speakers - I don't want to listen to a screechy Neil Young guitar solo while eating BBQ.

The bottom line is I love Airstream Trailers, Brisket, Smoked Fish and an enjoyable dining experience at the beach - but this place didn't deliver. It turned out to be an expensive meal for what we got handed to us out of the trailer window. There are too many other fine places to enjoy in the area which deserve your business.

1  Thank FenwickPeriwinkle
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Delicious BBQ, we love the nachos! Good ribs and brisket. An annual tradition that we look forward to enjoying on the nearby picnic tables. The owner is very personable as are the staff. You can buy the seasonings to take home, wish we could take the food! The variety of sauces are tasty, kids meals are reasonable and come on a frisbee to take home (or use on the Seaside amphitheater). Take away is available for the beach or theater productions and live music on the square.

Don't miss out on this great food!

1  Thank HilaryLSU
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Fresh BBQ on picnic tables sounds ok, in this atmosphere it is over the top good, inexpensive and fun! We were not ready for a big sit down meal when we decided to try the food truck, great surprise!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very good food, nice atmosphere with streetside seating available. But for what you get, the food is simply overpriced. We ate at Barefoot once, but didn't go back because of the price.