“Great quiet condo on the beach!”
Review of Palms at Seagrove

Palms at Seagrove
Reviewed May 7, 2010

spent 4 nights here on a combo business/vacation. The Condo was a lovely. 1 bedroom, 2 bath on the 2nd floor right on the gulf. # C07

the area was quiet and very nice for walking on the beach. A great getaway in a beach front area that's not terribly over-commercialized. Condo also had wifi & beach chairs which was nice.

Trip was booked through resortquest

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank thinkshift

Reviewed September 7, 2008

We just returned from a weeked in Seagrove Beach (09/05/08-09/07/08). We stayed at the Palms at Seagrove in unit A3 (rented through Dale E Peterson Vacations). It was a ground level unit in one of the beachfront buildings. Our experience was simply wonderful. The condo was clean, very roomy, and the beds were comfortable. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything we needed. We enjoyed the quiet laid back atmosphere. It was a perfect place to enjoy the beach with our two year old daughter. The only restaurant we tried while we were there was The Old Florida Fish House. They had several choices of fresh fish. The ones we had were delicious. We also enjoyed raspberry sorbet at the ice cream shop next to the restaurant. Visiting Seagrove was a wonderful experience and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2008

seagrove on the beach property was going to be our 2009 vacation spot but vacationers beware i booked a date for 2009 they took a 300.00 dollar deposit out of my account and a few days later called me to tell me they made a mistake and the rent was going to be double what i had on our contract!!!!! They refused to honor the price on our contract. I decided to get a refund which has not been refunded yet!!! still waiting thanks ANN? thats who we talked to.....

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed September 1, 2007

Posted on: 4:55 am, August 18, 2007 Save

Well, I am now posting again after our recent trip to The Palms at Seagrove! We arrived on August 5 and left August 14th. We stayed in C-11 which was thru Garrett Realty. This was a first for me since the previous 3 times I had gone thru Resort Quest (formaly known as Abbott) The prices though are a bit more going thru Resort Quest which is why I went with Garrett. Well, don't think I will do that again. I was not impressed with the cleaning (lack there of) of the condo. The window sills were dusty and dirty, the hall bunks had a musty odor, the carpet had ALOT of stains and the sheets had some spots on them. I actually washed the sheets from the hall bunks before I put my kids in them. Now I know that some of it is not the housekeepers but you would think that Garrett Realty would go in and make recommendations for improvements. I liked that there was a vacumm but it was so loud it could wake the dead! (time for a new one I think) Even though Resort Quest is a bit more money we have always been pleased with the condo's they represent. Oh, and the silverware drawer could have used a good cleaning and the closet in the kitchen didn't seem that clean. As for the features of the Palms, we love them!! The 2 bathrooms are wonderful and the washer and dryer is a blessing! The exterior is very well cared for, the 2 showers at the top of the boardwalk is great when there are lots of people coming up from the beach and the pool is always clean!! This time I walked over to Beachside Condo's which is about 4 properties down and wanted to at least check out the outside of them and their pool and grounds since they are 2 bedrooms/2baths and were only $120 more a week. But I didn't like the grounds.....there are no beautiful palm trees, grass or green bushes like the Palms have. They only had one outdoor shower and the pool looked dingy. Oh, plus their balaconies were smaller than the Palms and each had an airconditioner on it to boot!! So, needless to say, we will ALWAYS stay at the Palms of Seagrove (the area is stunning!!) but will go thru Resort Quest from now on!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank puhnkee
Reviewed July 12, 2007

My family and I recently returned from a trip to Seagrove. We went from the week of June 2-9. Our family had a wonderful time, even with the scattered thunderstorms (there were red flags on the beach for all except 1 day-that day was a yellow flag).

During our stay we stayed at the Palms of Seagrove in unit D7. We loved our stay and the unit was a large one bedroom. We especially loved that there were 2 bathrooms. Not something that is easy to find in a 1 bedroom unit. There were 2 adults and 3 children (5, 8, and 11) and we had more than enough room to spread out. Although we weren't directly on the beach (they do have units that are beach front) it was only about a 1 min. walk to the beach. The complex contains a small pool. The size of the pool wasn't a problem for us since we purposely went at the beginning of summer vacation to avoid the crowds, but I am sure that it would easily fill up during peak season. The pool is about the size of one you would expect to see in someones backyard- it is not a jr. olympic. The sign posted says it has a capacity of 11. During our stay we reached the capacity, but it wasn't crowded.

There were only two thingsI didn't like about the unit.
1. There was carpet in the dining area. I was so nervous the whole time that the kids would spill something on them and we would lose some of our security desposit. 2. The owners wanted to show the unit to perspective buyers while we were there. The first time we were going to be out so we said it was fine, however they called AGAIN and wanted to show it a different day. I thought that was terribly inconsiderate. In the end they ended up taking $50 off the rental rate for the hassle.

The area around the Palms at Seagrove is also very nice. You can walk /bike to most places since there is a bike path that extends up the entire route of 30A (the main road in Seagrove). We choose to eat in Destin in Panama City though to get a feel of what the entire Emerald Coast had to offer. The only place we did eat at was a pizza place called Bruno's. It is a small pizza place and only has a few seats for eating, but we were going to eat in the condo so it wasn't a bit deal. The pizza was fantastic. Also if you want to treat yourself get their cinnamon twist (buttery and warm).

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank travelingfamilyof4
WaterColor Inn
WaterColor Inn
#1 of 3 in Santa Rosa Beach
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

Been to Palms at Seagrove? Share your experiences!