“Not impressed: liquid smoke???”
Review of V Seagrove - CLOSED

V Seagrove
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: V Seagrove is an award-winning upscale-casual restaurant right at the heart of scenic highway 30A. Enjoy gulf views from both indoor and outdoor seating areas, fresh local seafood and produce prepared with a creole flair, and an ambiance like you won't find anywhere else in the area.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Heard great things about the restaurant, but went last night and was disappointed. We waited a long time for a table at the bar, but could see that there were multiple open tables available (it seemed that the hostess was very inattentive). The bartender was nice and pleasant and we ordered several appetizers waiting for our table. The fried calamari was good --standard. The shrimp hushpuppies were not good, because of a heavy dose of liquid smoke flavor. Once we arrived at our table, the service was lackluster. The waiter was very dismissive and unhelpful. The warm mushroom salad and the strawberry salad was bland. 3 of our group ordered the filet and it was flavored with a another heavy dose of liquid smoke!!!! One ordered the pork tenderloin and it was OK (better than the filets), but also tasted of liquid smoke. One ordered the grouper with grits. It was OK. The $17 hamburger seemed to be the best option and it wasn't great. Next time we will skip this and go to Redbar--tried and true.

1  Thank Catherine K

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We sat outside and the atmosphere is terrific! Very trendy and stylish and the food was amazing. I had grouper that was probably the best I have ever had. this was a wonderful evening!!

1  Thank jillster619
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My friend and I had a night to ourselves (no teenagers!), so we decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner. V Seagrove did NOT disappoint. It was relatively quiet when we arrived (around 8:30pm), so we got our choice of tables. We sat inside since it was a cool evening and got served very quickly. The complimentary hot skillet cornbread is to die for! Our fish entrees were delicious, too. And my dessert - a hot bacon-topped brownie with salted caramel ice cream - was heavenly! I would classify the restaurant as "expensive" but worth it if you're looking for a lovely meal in a beautiful setting.

1  Thank FitMomma
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Setting just beautiful, sat outside by fountains and it was lovely. The food did not match the surroundings. We all just ordered appetizers. I had the tiny fish tacos , looked beautiful, but were cold and lacked any fish flavor?! My sister had the the shrimp/grits (looked like hushpuppies) she said it was really good. I would go back for the atmosphere, but not really impressed with the food.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was underwhelmed. I wanted to like it, but it was just lacking. I dined here the first time about a year ago. I thought it was pretty good, but I wanted to go again with my husband. It's a pretty place, but the lights were so bright it was like a diner. Our waiter was personable but we were left waiting for some reason ( the place was half empty). The food was just OK. It's a beach resort restaurant, so I never have high expectations (but I do have high hopes).