“Great view from every unit”

Las Olas Beach Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Satellite Beach
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We found Las Olas to be very pleasant. The units are very large. Each unit has a master bedroom with a king bed and a large walk-in closet. In the hallway to the small bath in the master suite are three additional closets, plus a closet for the washer and dryer. The guest bedroom has two twin beds. The guest bath is not ensuite although the bath is situated just outside the bedroom door. The living room is large with an L-shaped sofa (with sofabed) plus a chair. The living/dining area is one space, with seating for 6 at the dining room table. The kitchen separates the dining room from another dining area for four people. This room doesn’t make a lot of sense for dining, but is a great place for putting out a jigsaw puzzle or letting the kids play a game while the adults enjoying the living/dining area.

There are sliding glass doors to the balcony in the living room and in the master bedroom. There are double doors separating the living area and the master bedroom which, when opened, allows for an expansive view of the ocean and a light-filled condo. The balcony is large and had two reclining chairs and a table with four chairs. The resort is VERY close to the ocean, so you have a great view and feel almost as if you are on the beach while still enjoying the comforts of your condo.

Every unit is ocean front. We were on the second floor and although we could not actually see the beach/sand because of a sand dune, we could see the ocean and the waves. (Higher floors could probably actually see the beach.) It is nice to open the sliding doors at night to hear the waves. However, be warned that there are no screens on the sliding glass doors and a variety of bugs can easily make their way into the unit.

The staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful

Restaurants we enjoyed included: Niki’s Rainbow Restaurant (Greek) located just north of the resort and Memaw’s BBQ south of the resort on Hwy 518. When we are in that area of Florida, we always go to Heidelberg, a very good German/European restaurant in Cocoa Beach.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are larger than the inside rooms and the higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank lovetotravel30324
There are newer reviews for Las Olas Beach Club

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We found this property as RCI members and swapped our normal spot for this location. It was beyond our expectations. The room was amazing, large, and had a ridiculous view! The pool space was great, we used the grills outside which were very convenient. It was right on the beach with a boardwalk out from the pool area. We interacted with the front desk staff and the maintenance gentleman, they were both gracious and ready to assist when needed. We discussed as a family that this may be a yearly extravaganza!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank cgilfillan
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were looking for an RCI exchange that offered 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and great reviews. We chanced upon Las Olas and it was the best thing we did. We did not have to travel to a foreign country. This was a wonderful place with a great location. The condo has 5 floors and all units face the ocean. Incredible and breathtaking. We saw amazing sunrises, fish jumping in the ocean, and even a satellite launch from our patio.

Ours was an inside unit, 1400 square feet, larger than we imagined. It was clean, large, and comfortable, including the beds. There was a full kitchen with dinette, a dining room and large living room with a flat screen TV. The couch also turned into a sleeper so the unit could accommodate 6 people. Each bedroom also had a TV, older style but no problem. The carpeting in our unit had been updated and they were in the process of doing that to all of the units.

Las Olas has a gold crown status and it is well deserved. The staff is very helpful and friendly. They provided beach umbrellas and sand chairs if needed. They also had boogie boards. If they did not have what you needed, they told you where you could get the items.

I enjoyed the pool, especially when the ocean got a little rough or I tired of the sand. Shopping is very convenient, Publix, CVS, Walgreens are down the street and there are numerous restaurants to choose from. The staff provides a little booklet about the area and lists activities in the area as well as restaurants with their addresses and phone numbers.

We liked the residential feel of the area. It was not as touristy as nearby Cocoa Beach. We would love to return next year but unfortunately the 4 in 1 rule applies for RCI people. You will not be disappointed in Las Olas.

Room Tip: While the corner units are 1600 square feet, there are no bad rooms. The best views are on floors 3...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ezan47
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We spent a week after the resort after several busy days in Orlando and Universal Studios. The units are huge, very clean and every unit has huge sliding doors across the whole back that faces the ocean. The atmosphere is very much like a big family. Many of the guests are owners that visit yearly, and most others had visited at least once before. The office for check in / checkout is very small, not like the big time share resorts I am used to, but check in was a breeze. The staff is always available and willing to help. Theme nights are hosted twice a week. Karaoke night is a hoot, even if karaoke is not your thing and free beer and wine is supplied. Potluck night has free beer, hotdogs and cheeseburgers supplied in addition to whatever specialties the guests bring. There are not a lot of recreational activities, but they do have boogie boards and balls, etc. in the office for the kids to sign out. There is a very small fee for some of this, but my feeling is they really don’t bother to charge it most of the time, as long as items are returned. The pool is nice but quite small, although was adequate since the resort itself is not very large. The ocean can be very rocky, so bring water shoes. The beach is long, clean and there are many small shells for collecting. Apparently dolphins, manatees and sea turtle sightings are common, although I did not see any. Teenagers may find this resort a little boring. During our stay the resort was filled with small children and older adults. My son and his friend (he thankfully had with him) were the only teenagers there. I look forward to visiting again someday … too bad you can only exchange as a timeshare resort every 4 years, but I suppose it is that popular!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Clintech
Reviewed August 25, 2012

...well, unless you bring teen party people with you. It's not that kind of place. Look north to Cocoa Beach or Daytona or south to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami if you plan on bringing teens looking to meet other teens. Well, that's not entirely factual, as you can drop off your teens at the Cocoa Beach pier just a few miles north.

What most everyone has said is true. The units are HUGE! All have 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. For the record, the center units are 1400sq.ft. under air, 1600 including the balcony. The end units are 1800sq.ft. under air, 2100 including balcony. I called and asked, and those are the numbers directly from Las Olas.

Personally, I started by renting from a gentleman who had visited Las Olas for years with his wife, but, after she died, he just didn't feel like going alone. After a few years, he offered to sell me his week, and he didn't have to ask twice...I snatched it up in a heartbeat. I go back every year and have never had anything except an amazing stay.

Several reviewers have noted that this is an 'older' timeshare community. Just to let you know, that's not a bad thing or a minus, it's a good thing and raises it above the crowd. First of all, it's built like a tank compared to newer condo's. I take frequent vacations and they just don't build them like this anymore...compare size, quality of build, being able to hear the neighbors (you can't, ever), this is just one well laid out and built building. In addition, zoning restrictions would never allow this place to even be built today...it is sooooo close to the ocean. If there were no railing, you could literally PUTT a golf ball into the ocean from the 5th floor...no wedge needed...it's THAT close to the beach. They spent a fortune not too long ago replacing all the furniture. It's gorgeous...just fancy enough that you wouldn't mind inviting Donald Trump...just simple enough that no one would feel uncomfortable. The TV's are all flat screen now, one in each bedroom and one in the living room.

As practically everyone has said, the staff is excellent, and maintenance is 24/7. They have experience keeping their guests and owners happy, and it shows. Underground parking comes in really handy on sunny days. One reviewer commented that it was a bit tight for an SUV, I have to agree, but it's not so tight as to be unmanageable. If you have a HUGE SUV, I suppose parking in the parking lot outside would be best. On the same note, I have a friend in Orlando who visits to go fishing. The management has been very generous to let him bring his boat and park it in the parking lot overnight. Try getting something like that out of Wyndham.

The new activity room is very nice. I don't often partake in many of the activities, but they are there if you want them. Karaoke is one I never pass up. I never sing, but watching people, esp the kids with their parents and grandparents watching, is so touching. If you're a drinker, and want to stay safely on the property, drinks flow aplenty...mostly free [there are some 'suggested donation' drinks].

The last three points, and more reasons you won't want to leave...the ocean, the surf, and the view.

The ocean, oh my goodness. It is so close you feel as if you can touch it from your balcony. I have been accused, and rightfully so, of missing taking my party to Disney World just because I was sitting on the balcony enjoying the sound of the waves. It is so peaceful. You truly are in a different world sitting there. By the way, no one minded missing Disney that year.

The surf: Well, this is the most amazing beach. At high tide, you can walk out and swim and play in the ocean, bring the kids, whatever. At low tide, it becomes a fisherman's dream, with sand which was covering the rocks washed away, bait fish swarm for cover in the coquina rock, bringing snook, redfish, and oodles of others to shore. The best of both worlds, a swimming beach and a fishing beach...just time your activities by the tides.

THE VIEW!...it's amazing. Whatever you want to see. When it's a tad breezy, pelicans will just hover a few feet from your balcony...a real Kodak moment. Cruise ships leaving and coming back from Port Canaveral are great to watch, day or night. Dolphins, manatees, sea turtles...even the occasional whale. Do NOT forget to bring the good camera.

You will NOT want to leave, I promise...

Room Tip: Corner units have much better air flow on the balcony, and are much larger.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank thummp3r
Reviewed August 20, 2012

When my family got $300 worth of flight credits last summer to use within a year, I was stoked. This meant instead of taking another hiking/biking vacation (don't get me wrong, I love the outdoors. But I can do that at my house, it's not really a thrilling vacation) we could go somewhere more out of the ordinary. We decided to do a beach vacation. As the credits were with Southwest, we had to stay within continental US. Based on that, we chose to go to Florida.
As soon as we arrived at the resort(hotel? condo? I'm not sure what to call this one) we went to the reception center and were met by Jane. She was potentially the most helpful person I have encountered on a timeshare. We were not pressured to take the timeshare tour or anything else. When we asked what a good place to eat was (my family had missed lunch due to the flight and it was 4pm) she gave us several suggestions that were a mere 5 minutes from the resort, even showing us on a map how to get there. We ended up going to Beef O'Brady's, a small diner with delicious food.
After grabbing something to eat, we checked in the room. The room is approximately 1400 square feet, which is a nice size for a 2 bedroom suite. All rooms have oceanfront balconies, which was absolutely lovely (hint: get up early and watch the sunrise, it's gorgeous). The beds were comfortable, there was plenty of seating, and the feel was very beachy. My only complaint was that on the outlet next to my bed, only 1 of the 2 actually worked when I tried to charge my phone and iPod.
The location is excellent for beach goers. The ocean is right there, which is so nice if you want to take a quick dip and then go back and take a shower. Also, the beach is very uncrowded, as it's private to the resorts lining the shore and therefore not open to just anyone. There's a small town feel to the area not on the beach, added to by the fact that there was a high school football game the day we arrived. There are some small diners, and a Publix for groceries, all within a mile of the place. My only complaint is that for shopping non-grocery related, you have to stray a little farther away than I'd consider an easy trip.
If you visit Satellite Beach, I definitely recommend driving half an hour to go see Kennedy Space Center. The tours are fascinating and the entire experience was very educational. On the other side of the spectrum, I also recommend going to Ron Jon's surf shop in Cocoa Beach. It has any kind of beach gear you'd ever need, plus they offer rentals for surf boards and the like, as well as lessons. Great souvenir place.
Overall, I definitely enjoyed my stay at Las Olas and would recommend it to a friend looking for a quiet beach vacation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Meagan P
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Our family just spent spring break at the Las Olas Beach resort. I was really surprised by how spacious the unit was, there was 5 of us and more than enough room to roam. The unit was very clean and well kept as were the grounds. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. All of the units are ocean view which is really nice. There is a really cute pool area with a tiki bar and a private beach entrance. There are even lounge chairs on the beach for guest to use, pretty much anything you need is available to guest, some are free some at a small fee. Although we did not have the opportunity to participate, the resort also offers various activities for their guests. The location is nice and quiet, but close enough to some more lively activities if you choose to go - e.g. Cocoa Beach. So if you are looking for a low key relaxing getaway this is the place for you.

Room Tip: We had a regular unit which was huge, but I did hear the corner units are even bigger.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Anthony's On The Beach
Anthony's On The Beach
#19 of 31 in Cocoa Beach

Been to Las Olas Beach Club? Share your experiences!