“false advertising”

Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Florida
“false advertising”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have eaten at Pappagallos many times and am always pleased with the food and the service. It is unlikely I will return again because of the situation this evening. On Tuesday they have 14" 2 topping pizza and stromboli for $15.99 which we ordered along with an ice tea and soda. When the bill arrived we had been charged $20.26 instead of $15.99 and with the drinks and tax the total came to $26.12. I pointed the error out to the server but the individual in charge this evening refused to change the price to what was on the "picture book" on the table. I understand a price change but that needs to be reflected for the customer to see. Very deceptive practice.

• Visited April 2014

Coon Rapids, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I wanted to like this place”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My wife and I vacationed on the Florida Atlantic coast and I did a lot of research of reviews for restaurants to stop at. Because of its great reviews, Pappagallos in Satellite Beach was one of our stops. We had high expectations and came in to get a pizza. The service was excellent. The pizza was NOT. My wife and I eat pizza all the time. We're not too picky. The problem was evident as soon as we saw the pizza. It had pools of grease on it. We immediately asked for extra napkins so we could "de-grease". I am definitely not a pizza napkin dabber. A little grease on pizza bothers me none. But this was the single greasiest pizza we'd ever remembered having. Usually my wife and I will finish a pizza on our own, but we had no intent to do so this time. We had no interest in the leftovers as well.

I don't like to write bad reviews for non-chain restaurants because I want them to be supported. There are too many chain restaurants. The service was good. Maybe we got a dud. The ingredients in the pizza seemed fine, but for some reason it just got extremely greasy. I'm sure the other food is good. But based on our experience, my wife and I will probably never come here again.

• Visited February 2014
Indialantic, Florida
“Best kept secret”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Pappagallos continues to be our favorite place to dine everyday or for special events.
My wife tried a pappagallos burger yesterday served with a fresh baked roll. It was one of the best burgers we ever tasted. Dave the owner loves to accommodate special requests if he can. They have $6 & $9 lunch and dinner specials every day. If you try it you will return for more.

Indialantic, Florida
“Pappagallos”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

A great small family business that caters to its customers. Everything is prepared fresh for each customer so it is not fast food. However, it is certainly worth the wait. Dave the owner will prepare anything for you he has the ingredients for. He carries the normal Italian fare along with healthy Chicken & Fish meals for those health or calorie conscious.
Service is always with a smile and its a great family friendly place to eat out. They have lunch and dinner specials that won't break the bank.

• Visited November 2013
Columbus, GA
“Great food, amazing burgers and subs.”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was dying for a sub or burger. I had been searching the area for weeks for a great burger and sub without success. I was in the car driving around hoping to find some place to eat, again... I go by Pappagallos and it caught my eye, but was hard to see at night, and I do a U turn and pull in. I'm sure glad I did. www.pappagallos.com Inside it is totally Italian Pizzeria kitsch, comfortable. Friendly staff and a nice basic well balanced menu.

I ordered the cheese-steak sub and they do it the way I like. Steak, provolone, fried onions and mushrooms with lettuce and tomatoes and mayo. (You can get it your way.) Get it home and it was a piece of art. Good size, full of just the right amount of ingredients. The steak was "real", tomatoes were tangy and real tasting. The sub was not dried out and not too wet. The bun was soft and a had a nice chew, a little dense, but really good (bread is made fresh in house every day). Well put together sub. Less than the price of a subway sub (sorry for the comparison), but in a different galaxy in terms of quality taste quantity etc. If the majority of the public only knew.

I also got a burger. Came with fries for about $8. Man was it a beautiful burger on the plate. I was at first put off by the type of fries they had, the thick crinkle ones (not my favorite). However, the fries were excellent with their own blend of spices. I tore them up before the burger. When I opened the bun, the burger was at least 8 ounces and it looked like great quality beef. The burger had a nice char and I was at first pissed thinking that they had overcooked the burger as I did not specify a temperature I wanted it cooked at. I was excitedly surprised to see a pink inside through and through. It was cooked perfectly for my tastes and respected the great quality beef. Damn excellent burger! Went back again a few days later and passed up on the chicken parmigiana as I had this darn burger on my mind. The burger came out perfect again. The first had provolone and this one I got with a great quality cheddar. Burger again cooked perfectly and was an enjoyably good eat.

I could only eat 1/2 the sub and burger, but both warmed up great in the microwave the next day. This is proof that they are using great quality ingredients. Tasted just as good the next day.

Bottom line is this place is a sleeper by its looks from the outside. Inside, the place had quite a few customers and a busy take out. They don't put their effort into frivolous stuff like decor and signs, and it is obvious their energy goes into the food. Hard to keep putting out quality food after more than 20 years in business and do it consistently, but Pappagallos is doing it. You taste the passion in the food and especially in this economy, not many restaurants are able to do this.

Thanks Pappagallos.