“5 stars for $50 ish a night place to sleep”

Americas Best Value Inn - Satellite Beach / Melbourne
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Satellite Beach
Maryland
“5 stars for $50 ish a night place to sleep”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

A family reunion in Satellite Beach had 4 families staying at Americas Best Value Inn. Everyone thought the place was just exactly what we wanted; inexpensive, clean, a cereal (muffin etc) breakfast and a place to sleep. For about $53 a night the Inn can't be beat (a stay of over 4 days and calling the Inn directly will get a better rate than if you go through a travel agency or the web site.) I stand by my assessment of 5 stars for $50ish a night place to stay.

In response to some of the negative reviews, we didn't stay just after a rainstorm so I don't know what might try to come in from the rain. I agree the towels are thin and I didn't notice folks "living" there. Got to remember retired folks can sit and chat for long hours.

You can't walk to the beach from the hotel as there is no public access directly across from A1A. The pool is great although there isn't much shade. There is a 7-11 close by (walking distance and a bar (it's a dive but it works). I didn't get a chance to try out WiFi.

Manny gave me a discount on a hotel room I had reserved when a Delta delay forced me to stay at an Inn in Atlanta overnight rather than at America's Best Value Inn. When was the last time someone did something like that for you?

All-in-all, I'll be going back next family reunion.

Room Tip: Choose first floor near the lobby. No steps and if you're carrying breakfast back and forth it...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ForgeAhead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night....it was disgusting....Yes cheap $79/night. You get what you pay for. Needs new carpet...our better yet tile..You can bleach it. Remote didn't work for tv. No I didn't call and complain to management...this was my fault for booking through hotwire. Please folks if you don't care about cleanliness and it's all about location...this is the place for you. If you are scared to catch something...stay away.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank 971joyb

Travelers are raving about these Satellite Beach hotels

Indian Harbour Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My parents stayed here, ONLY because I had a friend suggested it, due to the close proximity to Patrickrick AFB.
My Father is a Reired Senior Chief Petty Officer; I don't know who caught more hell, Me or the Manager.
They were on the bottom floor in the NE corner, it was a very rainy night. They had bugs everywhere. Before we felt for dinner we asked the night person to please have someone move us to another room. She said she would have someone spray the room.
We returned from dinner, checked at the front desk to see waht room we had been moved to, She said I had our mainttenance man spray as soon as you left.
All I can say is I wished I had saved all the pictures my Father had taken. They had bugs on the sheets, the walls, the mirror, the bathroom, every where.
When my Father checked out that night, the Manager of the Roach Hotel refused to refund his money or even credit my credit card. Then he called the police on him and said he does that to anyone that complains about his hotel.
By the way, my father said it was from the heavy rains and no seal around the AC unit and the front door.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here, or bring your own bug spay.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Valerie G
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The room was clean and orderly and the bed was comfortable. The towels were VERY thin/rough to the touch. There were an awful lot of people 'living' there. This made us a little uncomfortable feeling as they sat outside their doors all day long in lawn chairs.

Room Tip: There is not an access to the beach. I machine never works, get ice at front office. There is a voll...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Butterfrog
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Do NOT stay here under any circumstance! The rooms are NOT clean & the service is HORRIBLE! We cancelled our reservation as soon as we saw the room & literally had to fight with them for a refund. Trying to get my money back ruined my entire vacation. Their corporate office wouldn't issue a refund & the manager at the hotel was never available. I had to dispute the charge to my credit card with the bank, or else I probably wouldn't have gotten my money back.
The rooms are VERY dirty and worn. There was dirt & dust all over the bathroom floor. The furniture was old & showed many signs of abuse. There was an unidentifiable substance in the dresser drawers & on the back of the curtains. The mini fridge had rust & other brown substance built up in the back of it. We didn't even pull back the quilt on the bed because we did not want to know what the sheets looked like.
Please do not waste your time & energy on this place. It is awful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I reserved this room due to rate and the few positive reviews and am now convinced the positive reviews must have been written by the owner or employees.

When I reserved I was given an option to "pay now or at check in" but problem with this is when I went to the office and stated there was no way I was going to stay as the carpet was disgusting, the sink and bathroom were dirty and when the sheets were checked there were bugs in the bed I was told we would be billed for one night anyway as they didnt give refunds on same day cancellations. We asked to speak to the manager and was told he was driving and could not speak to us but was able to speak to the desk clerk who relayed this info.

The lobby / breakfast area for the "continental breakfast (we could only see Fruit Loops) had what appeared to be a drug dealer and his girlfriend just hanging out charging her cell phone.

Stay clear. This place needs a complete overhaul including the staff.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else...anyplace else.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim W
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here because we had to travel last minute due to a death in the family. The carpet was so dirty it turned the bottom of my feet black and was slightly sticky. There was stuff from previous guests between the bed and the wall and to top out off there was dried blood on my bedding.
After checking out we discovered an extra charge on our credit card, upon going back to the motel and talking to the manager (we switched to another hotel as soon as one was available) he accused us of taking a clock that never existed saying if it wasn't there we should have reported it. Being as nasty as it was we figured they didn't provide one , it's not like there was an inventory list provided on check in.
Not only did the maid service lie about it the manager was extremely rude.
Beware if you choose to stay here, worst stay ever!

• Stayed May 2014
Las Olas Beach Club
#1 of 2 in Satellite Beach
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Satellite Beach / Melbourne? Share your experiences!