“"Better than expected"!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Satellite Beach / Melbourne

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Americas Best Value Inn - Satellite Beach / Melbourne
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Satellite Beach
Smithfield, North Carolina
“"Better than expected"!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I decided to book a room about a week before we went on vacation, concerned we would not be able to get a room being that the Daytona 500 would be going on. I was happy with the price, but REALLY concerned because of the reviews I had read after my husband had booked the room. The front office/lobby doesn't give the best impression, a little run down, the staff was kind of scruffy looking, but extremely nice and helpful. We checked the room out before we unloaded anything, I wanted to make sure we did not see any roaches and to check the mattresses for signs of bed bugs. The room was decent and I was comfortable with what I saw and experienced. The room was tidy and clean, we did not see any evidence of bugs, it was a bit worn looking, but for the price I was comfortable. The mattress appeared to be relatively new and the linens were clean. The maid was very pleasant and accomodating, however did not look very professional. End result....I would stay again, we enjoyed the pool and felt safe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here last year and it was ok. This year got a room that was swarming with cockroaches. Did not discover it until 11:00 pm. Put out belongings in our car and was given another room. Only saw dead roaches smashed on the wall in this room. After not getting much sleep we tried to check out and were told we had to pay for our whole reservation of one week. We were offered another room but..... I do not like roaches. Manager called police when we were upset with them. The deputy sheriff was very nice and thought it was reasonable that I pay for the night we stayed and another night , which I would of done gladly but the manager stated I had to pay the whole thing. I will take that up with my credit card company. We found another place to stay that bent over backward to help us after we told them our horror story. Of note, the deputy said they get called to this place several times a week for the same issue.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Ddunnex7
Englewood, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

this is our 2nd time staying here. Usually stay month at a time. Staff is very friendly and management go above and beyond to make sure you are happy. Convient to beach, restaurants, and shopping. Very great place to stay for business or pleasure for the money you spend!!! Highly would recommend. Thank you for everything...Kelli n Brian

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lusby, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We could not find Days Inn. Drove around checking addresses and finally decided that Days Inn no longer exists -it is now America's best Value Inn. WRONG.
Funny smell -ugly decor, dead bugs in the ceiling light in the bathroom, sloppy maintenance, rusty metal railings in places. It is NOT even up to being a bad Day's Inn.

Room Tip: Smokers hang outside their rooms so we had to drive to the office for coffee/breakfast instead of wa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kay S
Delhi, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stay at Days Inn frequently as I trek across the country, usually get a clean room at good price. Breakfast in lobby usually is fruit, cereal, waffles, sausage and gravy and tastes pretty good. This hotel had those little muffins, cereal and coffee. None of which was fresh. There were people who lived there, (had small tables set outside their doors), which made me feel like I was in the "bad" part of town. I also accidentally booked my room through Expedia, for the wrong night, which I did not know until I arrived, at midnight, after driving 14 hours that day. I then booked the room for the night I needed, and cancelled my reservations for the wrong night. The motel refused to credit me for this mistake. I called corporate Days Inn, they refused to get involved. I felt the manager at this hotel needed to get every dollar he could at any way he could. Expedia refused also to assist with my refund. Who knew, I will never stay at Days Inn again!

Room Tip: The rooms were below standard for Days Inn, no restaurant or fitness room. There are plenty of other...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Anthony's On The Beach
Anthony's On The Beach
#19 of 31 in Cocoa Beach

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Satellite Beach / Melbourne? Share your experiences!