“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Suntide Island Beach Club

Suntide Island Beach Club
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The sun tide is a great place to stay if you want something laid back, relaxed, whether you are using it as a place to retreat to or to launch from. It's close enough to the beach to walk, it's actually on the beach, but far enough away to get away from it for a little. The pool was good and the jacuzzi was equally nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Bryan M

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed in a 2BR/2BA - Unit # 215 and everything was great! This is not a fancy place, but it is very well maintained and managed. The beach is great and it's the perfect location for walking up to St. Armands for dinner and then burning off a few calories on the walk back (about 12 minutes)! They have everything you need: pool chairs, pool, hot tub, grills, tiki huts to sit in the shade, ping-pong, shuffle-board. If you have little ones that nap during the day, you may want to get a room as far away from the pool as possible - since it gets pretty loud during the day. This was our 4th stay & we can definitely recommend this place! Unit 215 in particular is great - as it has excellent gulf views (most units do not) during the day and refreshing cool breezes in the evening! I would give them 5-stars instead of 4 (close call) but like I said -it's not fancy & as a 2-level property; it does not offer the fantastic views you can get in a high-rise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank MJones84
Sainte Agathe des Monts, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sun-Tide Beah Club on Lido beach in Sarasota Florida in April. We were walkins without reservations.We were very impressed by the unit , it's cleanliness, beach front location with direct acces and discretion of the guests.
We definately intend to return on our next trip to Sarasota if units are available.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 0udi
Des Plaines, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My wife and i just returned from a week at Sun Tide Beach. We were very concerned, having never been there before, about some of the negative reviews. Our experience was 5 star. We didn't find any of the negatives mentioned and found many positives. Our room was over the office and we had a perfect view of the pool and beach. Only negative would be "no elevator", if you are on the second floor. Since my wife and I bring "everything we own" it did take some effort moving in and moving out, but it was worth it. We plan on returning to this resort. P.S. Each room has a designated parking place. We found this to be very helpful as parking at some of the larger resorts can be very frustrating.

Room Tip: All rooms are close to pool, no real bad locations.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank eldoneb
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We spent 2 weeks here in March and really enjoyed the area. It is right on the beach, it was not crowded and there is no commercial strip so has a very peaceful atmosphere unlike other areas such as Treasure Island further up the coast. This property is a 10 minute walk to St Armands Circle, which is a lovely spot, and Sarasota is a 10 minute drive when the Causeway is not clogged with traffic.

The property itself is nice, the units are spotless and comfortable and it is right on the beach so the location is terrific. We did not find the staff rude at all but were asked to close our door once, even though it was open for about 1 minute to check out the weather. Our first week we were in unit 134 which I would never take again. It is larger than the the majority of 1 BR units but it has no actual windows so it is like being in a cave. It is an exception as the most other 1 BR units have a big picture window, just bad luck for us that we got it. Also, it only has a double bed, the others I believe have queens. Thankfully, for our second week we were in a standard unit which we found very comfortable.

We would recommend the Suntide but would make sure that you are not in 134 or a unit like it.

Room Tip: Not 134 or one like it.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tripfoodie18
Shelton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We are owners who come from the Pacific NW each year for a month. We always look forward to the stay seeing friends and the FRIENDLY staff. The rules all have a purpose and are not difficult to keep and they keep our maintenance fees down. It's usually the people exchanging in that don't like the rules, although that is how we started visiting and then loved it so much bought four weeks.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have the best view. Steps a little steep for older/infirm people.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mike h
Independence, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Our Vacation didn't start very well. Upon check-in, I asked if we could get an oceanview condo. I was quite surprised when the check-in clerk laughed and said, "You're on a timeshare," as if a timeshare trade was something bad. We let that remark go and went to park our car. Assigned parking, for us, was a long distance from our condo, which was not convenient but we worked with it.

The room could have used a good vacuuming, but was otherwise clean. Rules were posted everywhere throughout the resort and the condo and there were so many it was laughable. The resort is on a beautiful beach, which was very nice.

What really ruined our experience was the manager. My husband was outside our condo door but had left the door open to air out the room. It was morning and very cool outside. I was inside, getting ready for the day, drying my hair and did not hear the manager request in a very stern manner that my husband close the door and keep it closed to help combat a mold problem. My husband complied.

I, having not heard their conversation, stepped out the door, only about a foot, to ask my husband a question, intending to go right back in, I left the door ajar. The manager bounded up the stairs and yelled "I told you to keep the door closed and if I have to tell you again, I will charge you for my time." Stunned, I just looked at him with my mouth opened, but said okay. He turned and started back down the stairs and said, "Damned RCI people."

What???? You are a rude man! Really, the first time I have ever been so upset by customer service at a resort. Then when we returned from our day trip, there was a message from management on the voice-mail system, tell us again to keep the door to the condo closed. We will never stay there again! If they do not want RCI people at their resort, stop being a RCI resort, but don't take it out on your guests.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
18 Thank ToriShadow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
Coquina On The Beach
Coquina On The Beach
#26 of 46 in Sarasota
4.0 of 5 stars 216 reviews

Been to Suntide Island Beach Club? Share your experiences!