“Never staying here again.”

Suntide Island Beach Club
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here because of the location. The location of the resort is unbeatable. Our room was 50 yards from the beach. However that is really the only good thing. You can tell that this place is run by older people because there are so many ridiculous rules and signs. The rooms are outdated. I was sleeping on the pull-out couch and it was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever slept on, not to mention on of my bed spreads had a stain on it. Also the dishes were not very clean. They have old fashioned keys and if you lose any of them, it is a $100 fine.
For a one-bedroom, room the maximum amount of people aloud are 4 and that included new-borns. You are also not allowed to turn the temperature of the room below 72. The staff is not very accominating and over-all I would never come back.

• Stayed: July 2013
8  Thank Field_fairy

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family traded our timeshare to see the Gulf Coast for the first time. After searching the internet for reviews of Suntide, I became very worried about the trade because I could find very few reviews and very few pictures. We decided to go on our trip anyway, and upon arrival we were very surprised. We had a 1 bedroom unit with 1 bathroom and full kitchen right on the gulf and it was one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed. There are no private balconies, but each unit has 2 chairs and a small table outside their room. The resort makes up for this with many seating areas around the resort from covered gazebos, tiki huts, and pergolas with adirondack chairs, outdoor couches, and rocking chairs. I enjoyed my morning coffee and evening sunsets in all these different places each day. The resort also provides beach chairs and pool towels. We usually trade to Marriott Resorts, which have more upgrades and amenities, so we were surprised to enjoy our stay at the very small family run timeshare. Most of the others staying at the resort all knew each other and have been spending the 4th at Suntide for years, but they were nice and welcoming to us visiting for the first time. We did have to pay to use the laundromat on site, since the units don't have their own washer/dryers. There is no daily maid service or towel service. You can trade in your own towels mid-week, I would prefer daily, but we made it work. The pool and hot tub are a great size and no matter what unit you are in, you are steps from the pool and the beach. There are plenty of gas grills at the resort, so you can cook and stay in, or there are many dining options at St. Armands Circle or a short drive to Sarasota. We enjoyed our relaxing stay so much, we thought about staying another week. We will try to trade to this resort again in the future. It is small, no elevators, and no big resort activities, but it is a great, little, quiet place to stay if you want a clean condo right on the Gulf of Mexico.

Room Tip: Some units step right out to the pool, I don't think I would have liked that, but the ones stayi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank wdemommy
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Have been going to Suntide for years, and it is always a great vacation. The beach is a step over the parking lot, and they have lounge chairs for the resort guests to use which is great! The staff is nice and helpful, and it is a very relaxing quiet beach. Not alot of commercial things going on which I like. The rooms are kept very nice and updated regularly. I will be going back here for many years as it is always a very relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KATHERINE S
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here Feb. 2013. We had a two bedroom, small but efficient, thirty feet from the pool. We were about two to three hundred feet from the Gulf. The sand beach is beautiful clean beach, suited for beachcombing. Twenty minutes walk to St. Armands Circle, a boutique style shopping and dining area. The rooms and furniture is somewhat dated but so what? You are there to enjoy the outside

Room Tip: All rooms are more or less the same. Choose one or two bedroom to suit your needs
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott W
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Myself and my family visit Suntide every year without fail. The resort is absolutely lovely and the people staying there are so welcoming and now feel like family! The staff are all very kind and friendly and are always there when needed.

The resort and beach itself are kept immaculate and are always updated. The beach is absolutely beautiful with the perfect sunsets ever! The rooms are lovely with everything you need for your stay. The pool and hot tub are always kept extremely clean, and are the perfect temperature.

Coffee and pastry morning and 'hot dog day' are once a week for a very cheap price!

I countdown the days until we travel over from the UK to our second home! Mine and my families favourite place in the world!

Perfect location, neighbours, people, staff, beach, weather.. You'd be missing out!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank izzy p
Reviewed January 8, 2013

First time stay and a little dubious given some of the negative comments on this site...none of which were founded in our experience. We had two units for an adult family reunion over prior to Christmas...both 2-bed units very clean and comfortable. A couple of very minor maintenance issues attended to within an hour with friendly service. Off season so fairly quiet and yes, there are quite a lot of rules posted around but only pointing out things that any sensible family would or should in any case do - or not do. Loved the shuffle board court and great fun with table tennis..pool small but with the most beautiful Lido beach on the doorstep perfect for swimming no matter what age as you have to go out quite a way before water becomes deep. The photos are not exaggerated. Perfactly situated for 10-minute walk to St Armands Circle - sadly never found the time to rent a bike and explore. Make sure you 'turn left' on the beach and walk around corner to the very peaceful inlet - perfect for early morning dolphin sightings. Woild definitely go back - but management, despite not wanting to leave, could have done without the rather 'brusque' message to remember to check out by 1000! Kitchens minimally stocked but adequate...only store cupboard ingredients are small salt and pepper - absolutely nothing else. Best place to shop for groceries - 10 minutes off island either to Publix Longboat Key or one a little closer in Sarasota which did have a slightly better selection of fresh produce.

Room Tip: Definitely an upper room - lower rooms either open on to swimming pool area or parking lot with only...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank worldtraveler0822
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have been going here for over 20 years and the other guests have become like family--I don't rent a car,it's a short walk to St. Armands circle with it's shopping and restaurants and there always seems to be someone who will take me grocery shopping.The hot tub is a favourite meeting place especially in the evening.The decor is changed on a regular basis and remember this is on the same beach as the Ritz Carlton----check out their prices.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo