“Magnifique! Authentic and delicious.”

Rick's French Bistro
Ranked #120 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A real French bistro in a real friendly French atmosphere where our goal is to serve you fine, refreshing & wholesome meals without sacrificing flavor or quality. Everything we serve is homemade at reasonable prices. Thank you for being with us.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Rick's is easy to overlook with it's small and quiet storefront appearance, but inside it is an absolute gem. It is a quaint and small restaurant, making for a cozy dining experience. The service is great, the chefs are fantastic, and the food..... so authentic and delicious! I could not recommend this place more. I can't wait to go back next time I'm visiting Sarasota. If you're visiting town and are staying closer to the beach, it is absolutely worth the few minutes drive away from the tourist areas to get to Rick's. If you like French cuisine, this place can't be missed.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

FABULOUS French Cuisine in Sarasota Fla. I liked Ricks So much I have arranged a private event there and we are booking all thirty of the seats for a private event. Here is the menu.
Amuse - Appetizer- Pate de campagne au Cognac servit avec petit Cornichons
Authentic Rustic Country Cognac Pate served with small pickles
Choice of Entree-Poulet Sauce Normande -Chicken in White Wine Sauce, Onions, Cream, Mushrooms or Boeuf Bourguignon (julia Child would have loved it!) accompagne d'un Gratin Dauphinois et Légumes- A rich and hearty Beef Stew with Sliced Potatoes & Vegetables
Salade Composee - Mixed Salad, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Blue Cheese & Dried Cranberries
and Mousse au Chocolat ou Creme Caramel -A Luscious Chocolate Mousse or Creme Caramel
YUM! Cant wait till our event!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Rick'S
Food- Excellent Decor- Very Good Service- Excellent
Eating at Rick's was a dining experience, not just a meal. The escargot was the most tender I have eaten and not overly salty. All of the entrees ordered in my group were prepared fresh, portion size was just right/a little extra on the fish dishes, large on the beef stew for us ladies. The bread served before and during the meal was hot, plentiful, and excellent. The small staff, including the chef, were extra attentive to us during the entire meal. They seemed to be genuinely concerned that we were having an excellent experience. For desserts we tried the chocolate mousse, profiteroles and the creme brulee - all excellent. My personal favorite was the cream puffs.Two of our party of four have been to Paris; the food was as good as the best food we consumed there. The prices were not inexpensive, but, I felt, in line with other restaurants of similar quality in the area. The prices were definitely in line/even modest with the quality of the food we received. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I ate there for the first time today and found it to be a little jewel. I had the Melange Des Grilles, a mix grill w/3 sauces. It was very tastey like home cooked, not fancy just warm and simple.

1  Thank FlyDolphin
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We ate there with friends last weekend and by ourselves this weekend. The food is superb. I had the snapper both times and it was wonderful as well as the duck pate and the French onion soup. My wife loved the chicken Normandy.
The portions are sizeable and the prices are modest so Rick's is a treat. The 4 stars is only because it is not a vibrant atmosphere.The food is 5 star.

1  Thank Harold K