“Too loud to relax and enjoy.”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 1,079 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: South Tamiami Trail
Transit: SCTA buses stop near the restaurant. There are stops on both Siesta Drive & Tamiami Trail (Hwy 41).
Description: Welcome to Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar - the contemporary iteration of the classic American steakhouse and source of memorable times. Our goal is to provide an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine in the company of good people. Our atmosphere is open and inviting, with a spirit that is generous and fun. World-class hospitality, food, wine and value. We are conveniently located on South Tamiami trail (US 41), near Southgate, Siesta Key, and a short drive from downtown Sarasota.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Went to Flemings, Sarasota for my birthday, party of 2, and I was really looking forward to dinner. We had an 8 pm reservation, and was seated quickly, but the place the hosted sat us was not a great table for a couple, trying to have an enjoyable and relaxing experience on a saturday night. We were seated in the small side dining room, next to a very loud table of 8, up against the back wall, next to the servers station, Really! The table next to us was extremely, loud the table in front of us had 2 small children and a woman at the table with a very nasty cough...hello, does the hostess think that this is preferred seating, especially when my boyfriend called in and made the reservations, he informed the front desk that he was a member with Smith Barney and this is the table we got, really. Our waiter, Michael was great, and the food was good, and Michael had the manager come over to us, so I explained to him that the hostesses made a very poor choice of sitting a party of 2 next to a party of 8, especially if there was other seating available. The loudness in that room actually ruined my boyfriends dinner, and my overall experience. He usually goes there once a month for physician meetings, but Im not sure if he will return to Flemings anymore because of this experience, but he will be notifying Smith Barney of our experience, but Michael, our server did give me a dessert for my birthday, and a $25 gift card, which I thought was very nice.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

In brief---very expensive, everything is a-la-carte and overpriced (a glass of Kendal Jackson chardonnay was $17.00, a bottle costs $13.00 at the local wine store). When the kitchen staff is on the ball the food is great, when they are not it is terrible. Great atmosphere though.
Flemings Steakhouse specializes in serving steak; they have been in business in Sarasota for years, so you would think by now that they would have their act together.
I had originally gone to this restaurant for my birthday in April of this year. Our experience at the time was not a good one to say the least. In short, my wife had to send her steak back three times before they cooked it correctly. My New York strip steak was so overdone that it was actually black. We said we would never go back.
Last week friends of ours wanted to celebrate their thirtieth anniversary at Flemings. We explained our experience to them but they insisted that they wanted to go there, (they had a $25.00 gift card).
This time everything was great. We had a small salad for starters, and ordered steaks for our main course. My wife's steak was done to perfection, as was mine. By the way, the steaks are served without any garnishing or sauce at all. They just come to the table as-is. If you want a sauce, you have to order it separately. The side dishes of Fleming's potatoes and sautéed spinach were delicious. For desert, we split a chocolate lava cake with a cappuccino. That was it. The tab for the two of us was over $200.00. I have eaten at a lot of other places, where the food was better, for a lot less.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The High School graduation ceremony on June 1st just happened to fall on the beginning of Sarasota's Restaurant Week! We decided to try Flemings for the first time. One of the Restaurant Week's special was filet mignon. It was DELICIOUS!! This is usually on the menu but at a slightly high price. We had a few sides that were generous portions of each that 2 - 3 people can easily enjoy. They were very good & cooked perfectly. The front staff were very friendly and accommodating since graduation got out early and we arrived before our designated time. Jody was our server and did an excellent job. She made us feel welcome, answered our questions, never hurried us and was especially thoughtful to our recent high school graduate. The wine list is long, but easily categorized on an I-Pad. Prices aren't too bad for the food overall, although you can find some high end wines that tend to be a little pricey. I'm giving it 2 $$ even though it can get up to 3 $$$ depending upon your order. Great place!! I'm looking forward to returning!!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Maybe I am spoiled. I moved from the north and frequented many Fleming like restaurants. This was my second visit to Flemings. First time was wonderful and they get my stellar ratings. This time. Somewhat a let down. Let's put aside the food. The food is great; the steaks were cooked to perfection and my three guests left feeling full. But the let down was the service. It was okay. Two hundred plus bills should call for more than okay service. Efficient...yes. Engaging.... no. Maybe I'm spoiled. I noticed a number of natty dressed men walking around. I am assuming they were the floor managers. Not once did they come to the table and just ask the "how's"...how was the food, how was the service, how was the wine? The engagement of customers by management is essential whether it be Charley's Dinner, where Charley knows everyone's name or Flemings. I like the food enough that I may make a return visit and wait.....to see the quality of service and whether the guys in the ties and suits ask the how's.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Best steak in Sarasota--Best happy hour in Sarasota--get there by 4:30 PM for happy hour or you will not get a seat.

1  Thank FleetPride1