“Spoiled diner”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 1,039 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: South Tamiami Trail
Transit: SCTA buses stop near the restaurant. There are stops on both Siesta Drive & Tamiami Trail (Hwy 41).
Description: Welcome to Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar - the contemporary iteration of the classic American steakhouse and source of memorable times. Our goal is to provide an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine in the company of good people. Our atmosphere is open and inviting, with a spirit that is generous and fun. World-class hospitality, food, wine and value. We are conveniently located on South Tamiami trail (US 41), near Southgate, Siesta Key, and a short drive from downtown Sarasota.
Venice, Florida
“Spoiled diner”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Maybe I am spoiled. I moved from the north and frequented many Fleming like restaurants. This was my second visit to Flemings. First time was wonderful and they get my stellar ratings. This time. Somewhat a let down. Let's put aside the food. The food is great; the steaks were cooked to perfection and my three guests left feeling full. But the let down was the service. It was okay. Two hundred plus bills should call for more than okay service. Efficient...yes. Engaging.... no. Maybe I'm spoiled. I noticed a number of natty dressed men walking around. I am assuming they were the floor managers. Not once did they come to the table and just ask the "how's"...how was the food, how was the service, how was the wine? The engagement of customers by management is essential whether it be Charley's Dinner, where Charley knows everyone's name or Flemings. I like the food enough that I may make a return visit and wait.....to see the quality of service and whether the guys in the ties and suits ask the how's.

• Visited June 2013

Sarasota, Florida
“I love this place”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Best steak in Sarasota--Best happy hour in Sarasota--get there by 4:30 PM for happy hour or you will not get a seat.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank FleetPride1
Denver, Colorado
“Great Steakhouse”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great food, great service and wonderful deserts. They also have a great wine selection. Wait staff was very attentive and professional. If you like a great steak be sure to visit this restaurant.

Visited May 2013
Englewood, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,940 helpful votes
“CANNOT BELIEVE THE BAD COMMENTARY - SERVICE AND FOOD EXCEPTIONAL!!!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I just read some of the recent reviews of this restaurant and I cannot believe what I'm reading. Food was out of this world. My companion had the Sunday special Prime Rib and she was over the moon with her choice. I chose Filet Mignon and you hardly needed a knife to cut it, so tender and delicious. Sure, it's a bit pricey, but it's not a place you go to on a daily basis, but I am sure glad we treated ourselves tonight, because it was a great experience.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank mamamia70
North Port, FL
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Food wasn't bad; but, certainly not worth the price and definitely not worth putting up with the pretentious, unfriendly staff. I've eaten at many upper-scale steakhouses with awesome food and atmosphere. The atmosphere here was nice, the food was okay--not great. I brought my mother here for Mother's Day and we were all pretty disappointed.

• Visited May 2013