“Not even as good as outback for twice the price”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 1,144 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: South Tamiami Trail
Transit: SCTA buses stop near the restaurant. There are stops on both Siesta Drive & Tamiami Trail (Hwy 41).
Description: Welcome to Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar - the contemporary iteration of the classic American steakhouse and source of memorable times. Our goal is to provide an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine in the company of good people. Our atmosphere is open and inviting, with a spirit that is generous and fun. World-class hospitality, food, wine and value. We are conveniently located on South Tamiami trail (US 41), near Southgate, Siesta Key, and a short drive from downtown Sarasota.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Spent $155.00 with tip and had the poorest excuse for french fries you could Imagine and the Filet wasn't much better. My wife,who is a Belgian food lover, ordered the Carpaccio, another loser, it's supposed to be very thin slices of air dried beef. We cannot complain about the service our server was very nice. We didn't complain, we never do, we just never go back

4  Thank walter P

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We made our reservations online and asked for a private table for two. I really did not think we would get one but they sure came through and gave us a wonderful place to sit at a booth. The service was wonderful and the food was excellent. We went to the bar at the end for an after dinner drink and we weren't sure what we wanted so I described what I was craving and the bartender whipped up something for me that was absolutely delicious!! The evening was perfect and we will be back!!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

You don't have to spend a fortune to experience high end quality. Why not have fun and a wonderful local experience. Slide up to the bar meet new people and try Fleming's quality at a fraction of the menu price. My wife and I share 3 small dishes and a few drinks and left with a bill of less than $40. The sliders were great. The shrimp was terrific. The egg rolls were the weakest of the 3 dishes but were still very good. The bar is staffed by real pros that create unique drinks that were very tasty. The place is staffed with a very professional staff. Arrive early as it is always busy. Relax and enjoy!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Flemings is an upscale steak house. They have a nice Happy Hour with $6 drinks (some wines and a few martinis) and $6 appetizers (several nice dishes including raviolis, burgers, etc). It is a nice treat to go there for Happy Hour and enjoy the ambiance of a high end establishment. The bar is small, so arrive early if you want a seat. The happy hour runs until 7 pm.

We tried dinner on this latest visit since we had a $50 gift card for there. Boy, am I glad we had that card. Two of us split one meal (a ribeye steak, a salad, onion rings) and we each had one glass of wine. The total was $90 before tip for one meal prior to the gift card. The steak was excellent, and the salad and onion rings were good too. The service was very good. Overall it was an excellent meal, but I can't see spending $90 for 1 meal with 2 drinks. The other entrees were only a few dollars more or less, so that wouldn't make a big difference. I can't understand how the restaurant is packed during this mid-week dinner and it has been packed the couple of times I have stopped for Happy Hour. There must be too much money in Sarasota. I am very happy with the meal and service, but can find lots of other more economical places with good food too.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went to the Happy Hour (HH) at Fleming's, and I had a great time! I ordered two dishes from the special HH menu, and they were both delicious. The service was great, and I can't wait to go back to the restaurant for a regular meal.