“Nice big room”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California, United States
“Nice big room”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We opted for a deluxe suite with jacuzzi tub and couldn't have been happier. Lots of space in the suite, clean and well furnished. The huge tub was a delight after long days of driving around Florida to visit family. A good value.

Room Tip: Upper floors facing away from the freeway are best.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Lake Forest, Illinois
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Place was clean when the maid remembered to show up,breakfast offerings were more than ample,lots of choices and even a waffle machine. Staff was helpful and friendly.
A good choice when you want to save $$$

Room Tip: Place was quiet even though it was near a major thoroughfare. Very convenient to shopping ie Target...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sara c
Maryville
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The room was comfortable and quiet. I got to park up front because they have reserved parking for hybrid drivers. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. Joann at the front desk was extremely friendly and helped me pick a quiet room. I really appreciated that.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Norway
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed for a night after visiting Myakka State Park in November. The receptionist was very nice and helpful, check in was quick. The room was spacious and clean, very nice breakfast next morning. This hotel was excellent value for the money and we would come back. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Marietta
Reviewed November 19, 2013

AmericInn was the perfect place to stay. Location is excellent! They are extremely friendly. Rooms are simple, clean and safe. We stayed Sat and Sun nights. The cost is comparable to other hotels in the area, so I would choose AmericInn. I would rule out the cheap hotels and just go with peace of mind and stay here!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed November 18, 2013

While this hotel has great potential it didn't cut the muster on this visit. We booked it as a fabulous secret hotel in Sarasota, Florida. The room we were assigned was too small for a week's lodging. We found out later the rooms across the hall were spacious. The beds were too soft and made our backs hurt. The tiny area designated as a kitchenette was pathetic. Forget about the computer service offered by the hotel. It is provided by a vendor and is very slow, ancient technology, and unsatisfactory.
Our biggest complaint about this hotel is the poor regulation of the hotel security. On a Friday night some 30 young adults decided to party in a room across the hall. For several hours the doors opened and closed like a revolving door. How did they get into the hotel? They opened a side door which is normally open only by a guest key, propped it open and came in and out at leisure.
There are some good features including the breakfasts that are well presented, the beautiful clean pool and spa, and the friendly front desk personnel. Too bad management can't bring the rest of it together.

Room Tip: Be sure to inquire about the room you are getting...there are huge differences.
Green Features: This is a non-smoking hotel so the smokers gathered outside the main entrance to smoke and some smoked on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for choosing the AmericInn of Sarasota for your recent visit to Sarasota. We are disappointed that we fell short of your expectations. I am sorry for the dissatisfaction you experienced. We do offer a variety of suites which are larger than the standard rooms and are perfect for longer stays. Unfortunately we do not have kitchenettes in any of our rooms however the suites do have a wet bar in them. It is very hard to find a mattress to please everyone; the beds are a commercial Serta mattress and are medium in firmness which we find to be the most popular option. We are aware of the internet issue and do apologize for the inconvenience, we are in the process of upgrading the equipment. We did have several wedding groups in over the weekend and did get a few complaints. As soon as we were made aware of the issue we relocated them to the lobby so there would be no other disturbances to the other guests. Thank you again for your visit and for sharing your experience. We do hope to have the opportunity to be of service in the future.
Naples
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and two boys for a baseball tournament my son was in. I was most impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Sarasota area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family