“The Real Deal”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Wife and I needed a place to stay close to Sarasota. Just off IS-75 is AmericInn, surrounded by good restaurants. The Inn should be dubbed a conference center or mini-hotel. Very attractive. Very comfortable rooms. Very clean. Best complimentary breakfast ever. Great service. Very low price. It's the real deal!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank foxypanthers
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75

Reviewed November 7, 2012

On arrival in early evening a young man who was on night duty was very polite and helpful, unfortunately did not meet him again only very cold and frosty staff for our first two day stay and stayed another two days later in week and still no improvement.The room was satisfactory but nothing special,breakfast was satisfactory and in fairness the early evening snack was very good value for the money.I feel the rest of the staff bar the young man on night duty need retraining in some basic courtesies and good manners and this has put me off ever frequenting this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank glyn e
Julia S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to send in a review on our hotel and we regret hearing your stay was not as pleasant as you hoped for. We are very sorry that you felt our employees displayed anything other than warm and accommodating feelings. This issue has already been addressed with our staff and we certainly hope that you would reconsider using our hotel for your next visit to Sarasota.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Very nice, clean and friendly hotel. Full, hot breakfast, too. Make-your-own waffles are awesome. I found directions online easily, but agree that the Fruitvillle Road address can be confusing to most guests. Good to hear that you're working with the county to address that issue. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sherylsue
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed the weekend for my daughters soft ball it was a nice change from the big hotels that dont care. slept great the beds are great. breakfast was amazing eggs, sausage, waffels, and more. dryer was broke but they were nice enough to let us use the big one in their laundry room. also let our team have pizza in the lobby. will stay here every time im in sarasota. wish there was more hotels like this.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank jessneel
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at the America inn for a week on business. I found the bed very comfortable, In fact I slept better than at home. The front desk crew was very accommodating. The breakfast was a nice extra I enjoyed every morning. I did not get to use the pool or gym, but they looked clean and sufficient. The room was clean and well lit with a small desk that I used extensively. The fridge and coffee machine came in handy as well. One evening they had comp beer and wine and sandwiches. I don't know if that was a special occasion, or my fortunate timing, because I didn't see it again.

A couple of minor things were annoying;
the electronic lock was falling off the door, so I screwed it back on, the guest laundry was out of order for my whole stay, ( they must not have a Maytag man in Sarasota ) the carpet needed replacing, and the place was kind of hard to find, like mentioned in previous reviews. I'm sure they would like some better signage, but it seems like very restrictive zoning in the neighborhood, all the business are comparably signed.

For the money, I don't think you could do much better than this America Inn.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Julia S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor. Many of our guests love our manager’s special, for your future stays we offer this Monday through Thursday. We also agree with the signage and it is unfortunate that the county has very strict rules in this area. Every year we replace 1/3 of the hotels carpet and this will be done in a just a few weeks. In regards to the dryer it is hard to believe that we would not be able to get this part sooner than we did but it did have to be ordered, please remember to always check with the front desk and we will be happy to have our laundry assistant take care of your needs. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel is very difficult to find. Although the address is on Fruitville Road, you actually have to turn down a side street to get there and ther is no signage indicating that. Very frustrating after a long tiring trip! The room and hotel were very clean. Bedding quality was below average. Mattress was soft, pillows really thin. Did not sleep well at all! Bathrom linen was probbaly white at one time but is now gray. Pretty unppealing.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Julia S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay in the area and we apologize for the problems you encountered trying to locate our hotel. I understand that can be very frustrating and this is something that we have been trying to get the county to address for quite some time. Our current mattresses are only several years old and are Serta Select brand. Unfortunately it is very difficult to have a mattress that is suitable for all of the different tastes of our guests and we chose one that is right in the middle. I will be defiantly contacting our cleaning vendor to address the condition of the towels and have them take corrective measures to assure that we do not continue to have this problem occur.
We hope you get the change to visit Sarasota in the future. We would be delighted to see you again soon

Reviewed October 17, 2012

we stayed here in may for our nephew's graduation. when we checked in and went to our room it smelled like pee. went to the front desk and asked for another room, they gave us a room with people already in it!!!! when i told the front desk clerk she had to send up the cleaning lady to make sure, really???? then she told me that there were not any rooms available. In the whole hotel? well, there was a more expensive room available, but she need to check with her manager. was upgraded to the better room after a wait. will NEVER stay here again

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you received during your stay. I have spoken with each staff member and have taken corrective action to ensure this type of situation does not happen in the future. Again, thank you for your comments and I hope to have the opportunity of being your host in the future and provide you with a memorable experience.