All reviews room was clean sausage patties siesta key top floor convenient location clark
Selected filters
Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

I checked into the hotel and the first room that they checked me into was dirty so they move me to another dirty room this hotel room had sticky stuff all over the tables it had the last guests prescriptions in the safe still and worst of all it had Germans cockroaches and I don't speak German no ma'am don't ever stay here stay someplace else stay outside be homeless it's better than being in a filthy hotel that's a hobble of an establishment. Unless your Heathen then you'll love it I complain to the desk clerk in the morning when I return the prescriptions to the front desk got no results complain to the amateur manager through email twice got no results complained to Choice direct got no results I wouldn't recommend staying with any choice property anywhere I definitely definitely would probably have to switch to Best Western because at least the rooms are clean and they've got a good breakfast which includes more than toast and syrup

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Sarasota/Siesta Key, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2019

Paul C,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the condition and cleanliness of the hotel your guest room at that time. This is certainly not the kind of experience we would like for our valued guests . Rest assured that our housekeeping staff is held to a very high standard and that your comments are being addressed. Please keep us in mind for your next stay in the area.

Reviewed February 11, 2019

We checked in on 2/1/18 for a family event, we had several family members in town for an event.
We arrived and immediately left to do our errands for the party. Upon returning that evening I went to shower and
the shower was not cleaned so we were immediately moved. Shortly after that my sister who was across the hall called me that there was a bug in her room, it was a roach. We caught it and brought it to the front desk discreetly. We were looked at like we had 4 heads but she was then moved to another room. We went to bed reluctantly and was up and out early the next day When we got back again in the evening I went to the bathroom and when I opened the door to come out there was one in room running across the floor. I called my husband and he killed it and I took a picture. I told the girl in the front that my sister had a roach in her room the night before and that night there was one on the floor in my room she said, its Florida. We went to bed (which I did not sleep) and when I got up at 6:30 am I walked over to the sink and on the wall was another Roach. more pictures taken. I totally freaked out I packed my stuff and went out to the front desk again. Same for my sister I spoke with Betsy she was extremely kind and felt awful for us both and called the manager to speak with him. We checked out and I told her I would have left earlier but there wasnt any hotels available. The manager never called us, he had her do it and all we were offered was a 10% discount!!! I have sent several emails to Mike the manager but he still hasnt responded which is why I have no other choice but to leave this review.
You couldnt pay me to ever stay here again!

Date of stay: February 2019
1  Thank Christine O
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Sarasota/Siesta Key, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

Dear Christine,

Thank you for sharing your review. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the housekeeping issues that you encountered during your stay in our hotel. Any issue related to pest alerts is quickly addressed through professional treatment and investigation. It is of the highest importance that things like this are not missed by our staff and mistakes like this should never be overlooked. I am so sorry that you had to experience this. We will also reach out to our staff and make sure to ttend to your emails. Your comments help us to see where we need to improve and we appreciate that you have taken the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed February 8, 2019

Very convenient location, about 5 miles away from Turtle Beach on Siesta Key. Within walking distance of several places to eat, or grab food at the nearby Publix supermarket. Room was clean and spacious. Front desk staff pleasant and helpful.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much David for your heartwarming review. We are delighted that you had a great stay. Thank you for your appreciation and kind remarks to our rooms and staff. Thank you for the high review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 3, 2019

We stay at Choice Hotels quite regularly (Tarpon Springs and Dunedin), this was our first one in Sarasota. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast, to be honest, was incredibly disappointing. The food was fair, at best, with no variety. It was the same food every morning. Other Choice Hotels, not only had more variety, they changed up the breakfast every morning, this one didn't. Our last morning there, we actually ate at a local diner because we couldn't eat the breakfast again.
The shower pressure was just awful. I can expel fluid out of my bladder better than the water coming out of the shower head.
My family and I travel to Florida between Christmas and New Years every year, and always stay at a Choice Hotel. The hotel was clean and we had no real complaints. The breakfast and shower pressure were the only bad thing with our stay.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Hi Craig,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations of quality service and accommodations especially with the breakfastand the shower pressure. It is very important for us to address these sorts of issues right away and to ensure that you are able to enjoy the rest of your stay. Again, I want to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel and service.

Reviewed December 9, 2018

Friendly efficient staff, so-so breakfast for a Choice facility. Room was in great condition, could have used more lighting and maybe USB ports. A/C worked well. Pool was open. Rear door was not a secure entry, but would stay here again

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear TravelFan34602,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks to our staff, facilities and our rooms. We appreciate that you had a good experience and we will ensure secure by putting a lock on the rear door. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. It was a pleasure serving you and we hope to see you again on your next visit.