“Clean and Convenient” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Clean and Convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed for 6 nights. The coffee and hot water pots in lobby were hot all day every day and night.

Food was good each morning. Judith and another lady made excellent breakfast each morning and kept the food stocked and the place clean. They never ran out of waffle batter or toppings the whole week.

The evening food receptionist, Jennifer, was very kind and competent. The kids loved her so much they left notes for her when we left. Tuesday we had taco/burrito night and Wednesday BBQ night. Usually this means hot dogs, but here they served bratwurst and grilled chicken sandwiches. Drinks included red/white wine, draft beer, and soft drinks.

This was probably the cleanest Residence Inn I have stayed at. We noticed they allowed pets and worried that the floors would be filthy. That was not the case, our socks were clean even after walking in the hallways. I appreciate their attention to keeping the floors clean. The cleaning staff were polite and courteous, and the front desk was helpful and competent. Our neighbor had a dog, but we never heard it. We were on the ground floor but rarely heard people upstairs.

The pool was clean and cool and closed promptly at 9pm each night. The basketball court was fun. Only the hot tub wasn't very hot and the staff told me they were waiting for approval to replace the heating element. Even so, it was warmer than the pool and was usable.

I would certainly stay here again, as it was walking distance to the USF campus, and just down the street from the Ringling Museum. The front desk attendant Brianna gave us a discount card for the museum, and this was a pleasant surprise. Easy to drive to airport or downtown Sarasota and beaches.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

If you stay here, try to stay at a top floor. If you don't you'll hear people walking above you. You'll also probably hear TVs and people talking in the room next to yours. Other than the noise issues, it's a nice place. Excellent condition of living space! The staff was very courteous.

Room Tip: Highest level possible to avoid noise above you
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us! I'm happy you found our accommodations comfortable & the staff courteous. Also, thank you for your additional feedback to our future guests.
clearwater, fl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is your standard Residence Inn which I like for business purposes. This property is just across the street from the small Sarasota Bradenton Airport on University Parkway. It is convenient to both Sarasota and Bradenton and the Tampa Bay area as well. The Ringling Museum is almost within walking distance and St. Armands Square is only about 10 minutes away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank flipperzz
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for completing a review. I'm glad you found our location convenient for your business travel. I hope you return on your next visit to our area!
Helena, Mt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were somewhat disappointed with our stay here. The quality of this Residence Inn wasn't as good as many we stay at. We had a queen 1 bedroom .. having the bedroom was nice, but the queen bed is too small for our height. The evening reception was very poor quality ... just some, excuse me, gross soup, buns and soda; very little work on their part to put out a nice 'meal'. The hotel is about 11 miles from Siesta Key beach and the closest fast food is 2 - 3 miles away (Burger King) in a so-so area. We liked the hotels location in a quiet area away from shopping centers, gas stations and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ClarkCreek
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay. I was disappointed to read we did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately, all of our suites do have queen size beds. Our evening social menu changes nightly and I apologize you did not enjoy the evening in which you partaked of. It sounds like it was our soup & salad night, but I'm not exactly sure by your description. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to wow you, as we'd love to have you back!
alexinnj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I would definitely recommend the Residence Inn in Sarasota. We stayed in a 2bdrm with a kitchen. This was perfect for my family of 4 and it didn't break the bank. The kitchen was very nice and clean with stainless steel appliances and nice big table. There was also a small living room with a large flat screen tv. Both bedrooms had TVA and full bathrooms.
The location is not great as the area is not walkable to much accept the Ringling museum, but is surrounded by less desirable neighborhoods so we drove. with that being said, the property was nice and contained other hotels and was very secure. It is located right by the Sarasota airport and a 10 minute drive to the beach.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I'm happy to read you & your family enjoyed your stay with us in our two-bedroom suite. The two bedroom suite is definitely a great room for a family of 4. I hope you enjoyed the beautiful beaches & other attractions our town has to offer. We hope to see you again!
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The staff at the Residence Inn are simply fantastic! We had our Summer Program students housing arrangements at the hotel for 4 weeks. We had over 20 students housing there and they were nothing but accommodating. We had changes and more changes up until the last minute and the staff was very sweet and worked with us on everything. The students had an amazing experience with their hotel rooms, huge apartment style rooms, perfect for a four weeks stay. The shuttle took our students to and from classes each day. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and its staff!! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Fallon N
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your personal experience with our hotel to future guests. It was our sincere pleasure to host the summer students once again this year! They were a joy to have and are missed! We look forward to seeing them again next summer.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

As a Gold member, a status I worked hard to achieve, I did not expect to get such an awful greeting when I walked into this hotel at 1:30pm on a Sunday in Sarasota in the summer - let's just say this is off-off season there. The young man told me he only had one room and had a take it or leave it attitude and kept telling me check in was 3 pm. I asked him how could his housekeeping staff clean all the other rooms in 1 1/2 hours - the time until the "real" check-in and he just said he only had one room. My request for a high floor and quiet - was met with his one room which was on the first floor in the center of the hall with both windows facing the pool and BBQ area, barely 10 feet away. The families and large group outside my window cannot be faulted for enjoying the pool when it was in the 90s in Sarasota, but it meant no rest for me. I also cannot fault the people next door who had a large dog who barked every time they left their room. I like dogs and since there were parties going on outside my window it just added to the bad choice of this hotel. My goal had been to check in, catch up on some work and take a nap to be ready for a business meeting that evening and a long one the next day. Let's just say being Gold had no value at all at this hotel and once again a front desk person did not care and had no concern at all what my needs were.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laura B
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Please accept my apology for the lack of customer service provided to you for your early check in request. I have personally trained each staff member to always go the extra mile for our guests....especially our Elite reward members and I'm very disappointed it wasn't shown to you. I have reviewed once again with the associate the importance of communicating with housekeeping. I'm sure we could have met your requests had this been done. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to accommodate you on your next visit in Sarasota. We do appreciate your loyalty to Marriott as a Gold Elite member.