“Solid and friendly hotel with thin walls”

Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Saint Johns
“Solid and friendly hotel with thin walls”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great location for us as we wanted to be near the Ripling museums, etc. Very pleasant service, good (and free!) breakfast.

However, the combination of pets (since this hotel allows animals) and very thin walls is not a good one. I was kept awake by barking dogs and people talking. The other guests were likely just talking in a normal voice - there was not a party going on or anything. It was just that the walls are so thin - it felt like they were in the room with us.

There is nothing that can be done about it - but, just be aware. You could always ask for an end room or a room that is not next to a guest with pets, etc. As a light sleeper, this is not the best hotel for me - but, others might be okay with it if they are not bothered by that sort of thing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ALoJax
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to read that noise from nearby rooms & our 4 legged guests was a disturbance.
If you are a light sleeper I do agree that you request a high flr/quiet room. We do our very best to meet these requests from our travelers. The Residence Inn brand, as an extended stay hotel, does accept 4 legged guests. If we are made aware of any disturbance from the pets we contact their owners immediately. Thank you for staying with us! I hope you'll stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a month and after 2 weeks my roommate and I noticed fleas. I told the front desk and all they said is they would make note of it for the maids. My last night I went and told the front desk again so they could fix this issue after I left and I was rudely asked why I hadn't told them again or why I didn't change rooms. I wasn't able to change into another suite because they were all filled. I leave this hotel with red bites all down my body. It was a terrible experience. Also I need to clean my clothes each week but after the first week there was only one washer working and four dryers. This made it very difficult to clean my clothes. On the third week I stayed my friends and I were in the elevator and it dropped a floor and locked us in, we told a maid and she did nothing about it nor did the front desk. On the fourth the power went out for two hours due to a mild thunderstorm. I never had anyone tell me sorry for the in confidence. Also the first week i was here I called the front desk to tell them the A/C was broken and it took a week for them to get back to me and fix it. It was a pretty lousy hotel! I was really happy with my stay at all but I couldn't switch hotel because I was here for a month of summer intensive for dance.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Mollyda
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Everyone at the Residence Inn Sarasota was awesome! Kamire, Michelle, the chief engineer. They provided us excellent service! The fire alarm went off a couple times and didn't bother us one bit. They provided us with an upgrade, crib, and an early check in so we could let the baby nap in private! Thank you all for making our night away from home so relaxing!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JMSMOMMY
I'm glad your night away with us was relaxing! You'll have to come back. Thank you for staying with us.
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great stay, so far!
Special thanks to Jennifer, at the reception, who upon our arrival, when we needed to call our friends to let them know we had arrived, was asked if she could place the call for us on the hotel's land-line; as our cellphone had ran out of battery. When she realized that our friends' telephone number was a long-distance number, she said that she could not use the hotel's land-line to place the call. Without a second thought, she used her own personal cellphone and placed the call for me! This is what I call service!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jj66mm
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you so much for recognizing Jennifer & the service she provided to you on your recent stay! I have posted your review in our employee breakroom so everyone can read it. I was so happy to read that she provided you with Residence Inn Service So Memorable! We hope to see you again.
Ames, Iowa, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Honestly, the rooms in this hotel are nicer than my apartment. There was a refrigerator and dishwasher in the suite! There were also dishes to use, and a full size coffee maker. I only stayed for a short time (two nights), so I didn't get full use out of all the amenities, but they were abundant. I stayed here for a reunion in which my expenses were paid, so this is not a hotel that I could have otherwise afforded, but it really was very nice. There was complimentary breakfast the Saturday and Sunday mornings I was there, but I'm a late sleeper, so I can't comment on the breakfast options. I know they at least had bagels. This hotel is close to the airport, and has a shuttle that will take you there. It is also near the New College Campus, which is gorgeous. I stayed on the first floor, so this wasn't an issue for me, but don't think there was an elevator to the second and third floors. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review! I'm happy to read you enjoyed your suite which does include a fully-equipped kitchen. This is a great perk for our extended stay guests. Next time you stay with us I hope you'll partake of our excellent hot breakfast buffet. To clarify on your closing comment, we do have an elevator that services the 2nd & 3rd floors. Hope to welcome you back again!
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting the Ringling Circus Museum. The location is very convenient, less than 5 miles. We shared a two bedroom suite with relatives and found the rooms to be immaculate and very comfortable. The hotel sponsored a free bratwurst beverage dinner in the courtyard and pool area. The server was great..wish I could remember her name. Tom, the desk clerk was very gracious and helpful. We enjoyed a free hot breakfast, one of the best we've experienced in this style hotel. When you add in the free meals, it really was an inexpensive stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daddstein
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us! We greatly appreciate it.
You are correct, Residence Inn has so many amenities included in your nightly rate, that it makes an excellent choice. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast and evening social. Come back and see us!
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Overall this hotel was very nice and very clean, but the hallways had an awful smell similar to that of animal urine. The smell was so bad that I couldn't help but notice it every time I had to walk down the hallway. On the contrary, the room itself had a very pleasant smell and was very nice, modern, spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was exceptionally clean absent of the shower mildew that is often found in hotel bathrooms. The only drawback to the room was the noise that can be heard from other rooms and the outside traffic. The walls connecting the upper and lower rooms must be really thin because we could hear the footsteps of the people staying above us all night long; it sounded like they were stomping and running for many hours into the night it was quite bothersome. My last complaint is that after exiting the pool and spa my family and I were very itchy, it felt like we had just finished rolling in attic insulation, not sure the reason for the itchy feeling, but it was quite bad. Other than these few issues the hotel was quite pleasant, the staff was very welcoming and the breakfast provided in the morning is wonderful. However, even though the hotel does have some nice accommodations I don’t think we would stay here again. There were just too many issues present that would cause me to stay at a different hotel next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank candyvelez
Michele R, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us. I apologize for the odor in the hallway, as one of our 4 legged guests did have an accident on his way outside. We did clean the carpets as soon as it was brought to our attention and the hallways are back to smelling just as pleasant as the rooms. I was happy to read you found our accommodations clean, staff welcoming and that you had time to join us for breakfast. I hope you will give us another chance to restore your faith in us. We'd love the opportunity to serve you again.