“very nice but old AC not working properly”

Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton
Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I have stayed here before and love it. I was very happy to know they remodeled, however, our two bedroom suite (310) ac was not working properly. We complaint and right away they send someone. It made it better, but still not right. We are giving it another chance this coming weekend (May 4th) so, I will let you know. Other than that it is a very nice hotel, they really care about clients and you feel at home. Please fix the AC for this weekend!!

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suites with full kitchen and living room are great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Leishla R
ri_srqri_gm, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at The Residence Inn by Marriott Sarasota-Bradenton.
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. I'm also pleased to read you are staying with us again. I apologize for the issue you experienced with the a/c unit, and I hope your next stay is problem free. Also, Thank you for recognizing that my team truly cares about our guests. I was happy to share this with them today. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Sadly, we came to this property to attend a funeral. We arrived late! With one only one hour to spare, we were allowed to check in before the official check in time. When we came downstairs, the directions to the funeral parlor were done for us!
This hotel cares about you. When we had a squeaky bathroom door, Leigh Anne the Assistant General Manager, came upstairs herself to fix it.
The suite was huge with a lovely living room area and a full kitchen with anything you could need if you wanted to eat there. (The downstairs area also has a barbaque you can use!)
The bed was a queen and although we are used to a King, it was fine. One suggestion: our room (215) faced the barbeque/sitting area with a fire pit where people can talk at night. That can be noisy. Also, to the right is the swimming pool and one tennis court/basketball court. This hotel is very child-friendly so that court was used a lot and you can hear it.
The breakfast buffet had hot food! The location is very close to downtown Sarasota and not far from St. Armand's Circle and the beaches. If you're traveling in season, be sure to be at the beach before 9:00 am! The line was bumper to bumper from St. Armonds Circle at 11:00 AM. We chose not to go!
My only question was why, after using 3 cups and one plate, our dishwasher was on a full cycle by the maid. I would suggest they gather all the plates and do one or two washes as needed and return the dishes to conserve energy.

Room Tip: 215 was right over and facing the fire pit sitting area. People sometimes sit and talk there at nigh...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eslmavin
ri_srqri_gm, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

I was so happy to read your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at The Residence Inn Sarasota-Bradenton. Thank you for taking the time to tell other potential guests of your experience here. You were right to say "We Care". It is our goal to provide Service So Memorable to each & every one of our guests, and I'm delighted you received that from my fabulous assistant, Leigh Anne and other staff members. I hope your next trip to see us will be for a happier occasion.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

We were so happy they remodeled this hotel . It's great. Staff was fantastic. Only hiccup was that we requested a ground floor room , as we have a pet..but due to high occupancy at check in , we wound up on the 3rd floor. Next time we call in advance of our arrival to ensure we get the ground floor

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gemro311

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated Residence Inn here is sunny Sarasota, FL. We are so happy to have completed a full renovation this past October 2011. Everything is fresh & new from all the furnishings, to the carpet & wallpaper & the stainless steel appliances in your fully equipped kitchens. You did visit us during are busiest month of the year, so it was difficult for us to honor your request for a ground floor room. Let me know when you make a future reservation and I'll make sure to have your request met. Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

We have stayed in multiple hotels in the Sarasota area in recent years. We love this place and this is our first time here. Close to St. Armands Circle, Lido Beach and Marina Jack's Restaurant. Siesta Key Beach is 10 miles. Grocery shopping is 2-3 miles straight up the road. The hotel will also grocery shop for you. Very friendly family place. Attention to detail. Great breakfast and varies from day to day. Evening snacks Mon-Thurs. Pool, jacuzzi, and fire pit.
I love that we have a full kitchen inc. dishwasher. Separate bedroom and 2 TV's.
Laundry was on the 2n floor and reasonable at $1 wash $1 dry. Two washers and 4 dryers.
You can buy detergent at the desk. You can also buy frozen TV dinners etc,

Room Tip: We were the 2nd floor and pets were located on the 1st floor. Even though we were on the north end...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ju-Ju
ri_srqri_gm, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Dear recent guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us here at the Residence Inn by Marriott, Sarasota FL. It is greatly appreciated, as we love to hear feedback from our guests. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our accommodations. We hope to see you again next year, as we love welcoming back repeat guests.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

My husband and I have been relocated to Sarasota by the company he works for and we came back to this hotel knowing it was pet friendly. The entire staff from Thom, Kamire, and Jason at the front desk to Ismor and Guadalupe in housekeeping could not have been more amazing to my husband and I and our three cats.

The renovation is complete and the hotel is certainly on a much higher level than what you would expect of a airport hotel. All suite hotel with granite counters, stainless appliances, new furniture, superior linens in addition to daily breakfast and food and drinks four nights a week.

Because we were moving here, we used the outdoor fireplace and the grill daily. It was a nice addition to the great pool, tennis court, and hot tub.

I highly recommend this hotel because of outstanding service, amenities, location, and the comfortable, swank rooms.

Michele the GM was always available and Allison in sales was a welcome face.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank FredTheCatTravels
ri_srqri_gm, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel-the Residence Inn by Marriott Sarasota/Bradenton. I was thrilled to read how you enjoyed your stay, our amenities, and the service provided by my staff. Thank you for additionally acknowledging certain staff members, that really means alot to them. Since you've relocated to our beautiful city, we hope to accommodate your family members in the future as they'll all want to visit you in Sarasota ;-)

Reviewed December 14, 2011

Excellent hotel near airport and short drive to St Armands Circle. Hotel was super clean, Rooms are beautifully designed and well kept. Breakfast was wonderful with plenty of options. Hotel Staff was very helpful and friendly, Everyone was hands on from Michelle the Manager throughout the staff, everyone pitching helping the guest. Plenty of Restaurants and shopping amenities nearby. Make sure you have the address to locate property etc. You wont be sorry staying here.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank ABEFL
ri_srqri_gm, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review on the Residence Inn Sarasota-Bradenton. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and our amenities. Thank you for recognizing the service provided by my team and I, it's made our day. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Rooms were nice and front desk was helpful. We were there for IMG soccer cup they were very accomodating for our team

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank wej86

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us here at the Residence Inn Sarasota-Bradenton. We always enjoy hosting sports teams and are happy to read we accommodated your team well. We hope to host them again on their next tournament in Sarasota.