“odd experience...”

Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed October 17, 2011

It's been some moments during our stay where we couldn't find a single person working in the hotel for hours. They were leaving the hotel literally deserted after 8PM. Dogs were barking from other rooms till morning and the pool was always dirty. Due to their ongoing renovation we had our breakfasts in a temporary room with plastic party plates and plastic utensils if we were lucky to find one.

Room Tip: Check the noise of the AC of your room after you check-in. Some of them are crazy noisy to sleep wit...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BozzyNY
ri_srqri_gm, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us here at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sarasota. We were undergoing lobby renovation when you stayed which resulted in our breakfast & social offerings to be relocated to guest suites as not to eliminate these amenities for our guests. The lobby has completed its renovation and all is back in order and a nice experience for our guests. I will be looking into the issue of my front desk attendants unavailability. We do have 24hr desk coverage, so they may have been assisting another guest at the time, but I will review this and ensure it is corrected. Thank you for your business and we hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

DH and I recently moved to the Sarasota/Bradenton area. We needed a place to stay for several days prior to closing on our new home. Since we have multiple pets, we needed both a pet friendly place AND one that did not require us to be in the room with the pets the entire time.

Many years before, I'd stayed at a Residence Inn for THREE months with my then two cats. So, we turned again to RI and were not disappointed.

The room was very comfortable and relatively quiet (a bit a noise during the day since renovations were going on throughout the property). Our pets were most definitely welcomed. There is no limit on the number of pets and there was only a $75 charge (which, incidentally, they neglected to charge us!) They give you a magnet to put on the door to let the maids know there are "four legged guests" inside. Since we had cats and did not want them to run out the door, we simply kept this and the do not disturb magnet on so no one ever entered our room (we can make our own bed).

Yes, the breakfast was very nice as was the free wine/beer/food reception every night (with the exception of one night when there were some rowdy construction workers in there). The front desk staff were helpful with restaurant recommendations. And, the free wi-fi was a plus.

Pricier than a Red Roof Inn or some other (supposed) pet friendly place? Yes. BUT the rooms are far superior, there are the complimentary drinks/meals and you are not required to stay in your room with your pet the entire time. This makes the extra moolah well worth it, in my opinion.

And, for those readers of this review who do not have pets and are concerned about other pets being a nuisance, let me assure you that, although we saw other pets (including dogs), we did not hear any barking nor did we see any sign of them (e.g., pet waste) anywhere on the property. I think folks who travel with their pets who are willing to pay over $100 a night for a room are the types who are responsible pet owners.

Hopefully we are done moving/hauling our pets around BUT there's no doubt we'd return to this inn if need be and will recommend it to anyone we know that is traveling with (or without) pets.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Empress5150
ri_srqri_gm, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us here at the Residence Inn Sarasota-Bradenton. I'm so glad to hear our accommodations met your needs and you were able to enjoy our extra amenities. We enjoyed having you & your pets as our guests! Now that you're a local resident of our beautiful city, we hope you inform your family and friends visiting you to stay with us on their trip. Take care

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Our family stayed here for 2 nights. We used this as our home-base
to drive to Siesta Key and Anna Maria Island for the beach. Free breakfast in the morning.
Siesta key was nice also but my favorite hands down is Anna Maria. Crystal clear
blue water. The drive took us around 40 minutes but no big deal... Parked near the Sand Bar restaurant which is on the beach, convenient
for lunch time...
Next time will be staying longer. Loved the Lido key, Longboat key, Brendenton
and Anna Maria areas for beaching.
There is a great circular shopping area in Sarasota with some really great restaurants.
(forgot the name of it)
Also, the front desk was very helpful. When we were there, they were renovating
from the top. We were on the second floor and it never affected our stay....
We will be back!

Room Tip: 1st floor is usually for pets - i ask for upper floor...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank annlise

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and even happier to hear you'll be back! I'd have to agree Anna Maria Island is my favorite too. I feel like I'm on vacation when ever we head there on the weekend. I love the Rod & Reel restaurant on the pier and there are some great little shops. We look forward to your next stay and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience here at the Residence Inn Sarasota-Bradenton.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

Pros: The meals during the week, along with beer and wine, waffles at breakfast, extras at breakfast, close to Lido beach, great staff.
Cons: Needs updating, chemicals in pool or hotub were off making our skin irritate, plastic forks at buffet at times.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank travelingerman
Reviewed May 12, 2011

I went here a couple of weekends ago for a wedding, and had a lot of family with me as well. The rooms were all a large size, very clean. The front desk staff was amazing. I believe it was the manager who recognized us a lot, but he was so nice and always was interested in how we were doing, and how was the wedding, stuff like that. And he called back shortly after we received towels we had requested to make sure we had gotten them (its the little things that matter most.) Even the housekeeping staff was outgoing and friendly, which you don't see very much.
Also, the wifi was really fast and easy accessible. I saw another comment out there how they had no internet, but they have ethernet setup and wifi everywhere in the hotel.
And the breakfast in the mornings were so good!! Usually, I think they are like average, but this had so much variety, definitely amazing.
I have always loved Marriott, and for a residence inn, this staff definitely had Ritz Carlton Quality.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank twhite23
Reviewed March 27, 2011

On all other accounts this is a good place to stay, good staff, nice rooms, good facilities but when they advertise high speed Internet it's a lie. The Internet is so old and funky that if more than one person in the hotel uses it, the whole system basically crashes and stops working. If you need Internet, and who doesn't, don't stay here.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
ri_srqri_gm, General Manager at Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

I sincerely apologize that our internet service did not provide fast, smooth service during your recent stay. We are aware of the problem with our current service and will be installing updated equipment within the next few weeks. We hope to have the opportunity to have to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2011

we (my wife, sister and her husband) stayed in a two bedroom suite while in area for spring training. location is terrific. amenities even better...breakfast, pool, grill (which we used the first night and then had leftovers...with leftovers from Jose's cuban restaurant which is fantastic). staff very helpful, especially Jennifer. Clean, comfortable, quiet. would have liked an arm chair/recliner in living room since there were four of us and sofa wasnt big enough. had to use desk chair from one of the bedrooms

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family