I'm giving this hotel 4 stars, mostly for its very generous pet policy. They don't charge any extra fees or have weight restrictions for dogs, which is very unusual, and the hotel room was much nicer than other 'pet-friendly' places that charge similar or higher rates.
The hotel is located just minutes from Sarasota's Performing Arts Center and the historic downtown district, where you can find lots of shops and restaurants, and there's a Subway right next to it. If you go off in the other direction, the area becomes a bit sketchy. It was an affordable base for us to travel to the nearby beaches - Siesta Key and Longboat Key were both about 20 minutes away, and St. Armand's Circle was even closer.
The hotel provided a free breakfast which was decent - the only hot items were waffles and bagels/toast, but it was adequate. The rooms were clean and what you would expect in this price point. Ours showed a little minor wear and tear and the bed and pillows weren't very comfortable, but we are used to sacrificing luxury when we travel with our pets.
My few issues were that we found a pack of bologna in the freezer (?) and the lighting for the bathroom/vanity area is very dim and yellow, so poor for doing your makeup. The room across from us also contained one or more small dogs that would yap loudly for a few minutes any time someone walked by in the hallway - this is the irresponsible owner's fault and not the hotel's though. We could have called to complain but it never bothered us enough.
Everyone we encountered from front desk to housekeeping was very friendly. This hotel is not fancy, but it was a great value for what we paid and is perfect if you are traveling with pets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota was recently named a 2011 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner!You deserve a day at the beach. Choose the La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota facing the Sarasota Bay as well as overlooking Long Boat Key, and you'll find yourself just a short drive away from Lido Beach and Siesta Key Beaches. Conveniently located just three miles from Sarasota-Bradenton Internationa...see morel Airport, this tropically landscaped hotel is near several popular attractions including the Van Wezel Performing Arts Center, John & Mable Ringling Museum, Sarasota Jungle Gardens, and Ed Smith Stadium home of the Cincinati Reds Spring Training Camp. Offices for Boars Head Provisions, Florida Power & Light, Waterside Catering, and Wellcraft Marine are also located nearby. Ringling School of Art & Design is also located nearby. Guests will enjoy a refreshing heated outdoor pool, fitness center, and a delicious Free Bright Side BreakfastTM each morning. Each spacious guest room features free high-speed wireless Internet access, a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, voice mail, data port telephone, expanded cable channels, and much more ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota Hotel Sarasota
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Sarasota
- La Quinta Hotel Sarasota
- La Quinta Sarasota
- Sarasota La Quinta