“Great hotel for family vacation!”

Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn at Bee Ridge for 3 nights on a family vacation. The property is located close to Siesta Key Beach, great restaurants and shopping. The hotel was very clean, good breakfast, free WiFi and attentive staff. We especially enjoyed the beach chairs we were allowed to borrow from the hotel for our days at the beach...what a nice touch! Great value and we'd stay again!

1  Thank andreabK2976PO

Reviewed March 16, 2014

First some background, I'm a Diamond Honors member and stayed in hotels over 60 days last year (15 and counting this year). My Honors preferences are high floor, away from elevator and I was put on the 3rd floor almost across from the elevator. When asked if anything else was available, it was sold out and they only had 1st floor as an option. (I was able to switch to the fourth floor the next day on the end of the hallway). On top of the poor room choice, we came back from dinner at Chili's which is right across the street (bonus!) with leftovers and realized there was not a refrigerator in our room (I would think spending $140 a night would allow for that ammenity in fact, it's the first Hampton Inn I've stayed at in the last three years that didn't have one in the room.
Saturday we left at 7am for a swim meet and came back around 12:30 to find our room hadn't been cleaned. At 4:30, I finally walked down to the front desk and asked when it would be cleaned and was told they're working on it right now.

I personally will not be going back to this hotel again and would suggest that you stay at the Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch or the Venice location.

1  Thank Steve L
SRQGM, Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Hello Steve L,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn Sarasota I 75 Bee Ridge. I'm sorry to see that the stay did not live up to your expectations. I will certainly review your comments with our team and see how we can use them as a training tool. Please accept our apologies for not having a higher floor available at the time you checked in, though am happy to see that you were accomodated on the following day. We do are best on a daily basis to accomodate all requests, though some busy days this proves difficult. Also, this summer, we are embarking in a $2 million dollar room renovation which will also add refrigerators and microwaves into every guest room. We hope you give us a chance to show you in the near future..

Kind Regards.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

For "season", we found this hotel's rates reasonable. Near I-75 but only 7 miles from the gulf coast. There is a pond located on the and limpkins abound. We were basking in that before we even saw our room. The room was updated and clean, upgraded bedding, new bathroom features. A quiet place for rest, great breakfast which included some nice healthy options such as fruit, yogurt, whole wheat bread, real oatmeal! The staff were friendly and knowledgable and pleasant...kudos for that! We would recommend this hotel because it is also located within walking distance to two restaurants. And plenty of shopping a stone's throw away.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Great hotel, newly remodeled. Staff is awesome. Very helpful from towels to directions. Close to all beach activities ! We stayed for 5 nights and had no problems at all. The rooms were clean, Pool area was too. Breakfast food was great, healthy options and menu changed daily. Lobby was nice was hanging out some too !

Reviewed March 7, 2014

A very attractive Hampton Inn that I have stayed in many times. The service is always good and the rooms are fresh and clean. It is a very convenient location - close access to the Interstate, hospital, restaurants ans shops. The hotel is well maintained, every thing works and has a comfortable feel to it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This HI was really conveniently located by a shopping center with several good restaurants. I had forgotten part of my attire, and had to run swiftly over to one of the stores for a replacement pair of slacks!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The stay was satisfactory. I liked that they had a public-use computer in the lobby since I didn't bring my laptop with me. The only problem I had was with the room keys, which stopped working the night before I left. That was quickly (and satisfactorily) resolved. The breakfast met my expectations.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo