“Our Stay”

Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Not good. Unfriendly staff from the top down. I had asked for a late check out which we confirmed. The clerk was rude about this upon our exit. The breakfast heated trays were empty. Is it OK to serve butter and cream cheese in tubs for all to share? The location was what we needed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

We're sorry to hear about the poor service experience you had. It's never our goal to be anything less than helpful and we can assure you this matter has been addressed. We hope that we'll have another opportunity to demonstrate our true Hamptonality.

Kind regards,
Janet Moussa--GM

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed 5 nights here, came down from the Fl panhandle to get away to a warmer climate. The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and helpful, There is lots to do nearby, and several places to eat in walking distance. This is a place I will come back to again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had a great experience at this hotel. We were here for 5 nights and all the staff was very helpful. The hotel was clean and in good condition. Also - several restaurants within walking distance. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Hotel stay was GREAT. This survey is way too long. It keeps rejecting wanting me to enter more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more words. &*&%^%#@!!#$%^&*()_+___)(&^%$#!@!@$%^&**((()_)_)&^%$$##@!@!@#%$%^^&*(()__)*&^%$#@!!#@$%^&*)(_+__(&%$#@!!#%^&*(((**&&^%$#@!!$*)())(&^&%%$$#@@@@@#$%^

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The front desk clerks were all very helpful, our room was cleaned daily during our ten-day stay over Christmas, and the hotel was quiet and comfortable, but I hated having to go to the breakfast area and finally just stopped going there; I just did not want to continue to endure the racism of the lady there who was in charge of the food area. It started with her criticizing me for the way I buttered my English Muffin - her looking over my shoulder and saying, "Oh, I see what you are doing with the butter." I did not understand the meaning of that, so I just said, "Yes, I am a little different and I like to butter it this way". After that, she would not say a word to me. For the first few days, I put up with it and tried to make the best of it - I would smile when she looked in my direction, but she would then give me a look of indifference or a small sneer. While she was off for two days, there was a different person there, I had the opportunity to enjoy having breakfast there, but the first day after the prejudiced lady retuned, I ran into trouble again. I am white and the lady in charge of the food area is African-American. At first, I tired to think of the things I had done that might have made her angry at me, but I could not think of anything. On my last attempt to interact with her, one of the coffee dispensers was empty and I tried to let her know. I poked my head into the "kitchen" area and said, "Excuse me, but you are out of your 'Robust' coffee". The lady gave me a look like, "Another white man complaining again", and just continued eating some oatmeal she had in a bowl. No response. I said, "OK?". She continued to look at me with disgust and then emptied her bowl in the trash, still saying nothing to me and completely ignoring me. I stood there thinking she was going to say something - anything - but then she looked up, saw me still standing there, and rolled her eyes at me. I gave up and went to the front desk and told the person there, "You are out of 'Robust' coffee", but I did not say anything more than that. I was trying very hard to not make trouble or bring attention to myself (really - I just wanted to eat my cereal and drink some coffee in peace and quiet). The front desk person radioed the breakfast area lady that they needed more coffee. I waited a couple of minutes, but nothing happened, so I gave up completely and just went to Starbucks across the street. For the rest of my stay at the Hampton Inn, I did not return to the breakfast area. I want to relax in the morning before starting my day and I did not want to continue the drama there with the racism of the African-American lady.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris R
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Chris R.

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn Sarasota. We are happy to see that you enjoyed some portions of your stay, but want to reach out to you about your other issues that occurred on property so we can look into these. We take all allegations very seriously and if possible, we'd like to speak with you about these. Please contact the hotel's General Manager, Janet Moussa, at 941-371-1900 or janet.moussa@hilton.com to discuss. Kind Regards, Hotel Management.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

my partner and I were in town for a family funeral and chose this hotel for its proximity to other activities. I've always loved Hamptons, and this one did not disappoint. The breakfast was especially fresh and delicious, really nice. There was a little drainage weir pond, it's mid-peninsula Florida so they are everywhere, but we enjoyed the resident young (four foot long) alligator. He did nothing. We just enjoyed looking at him.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at this property in the past few months, and the problem I had in September I had in December, and that is the Wireless reception sucked on all my devices, to include Iphone, Android Tablet & Windows Laptop. I asked the front desk what the locations for the access points were and was told they didn't know. I went wired on my laptop and it was just slightly better.

Property is a bit dated, but the rooms are extremely comfortable with good working fixtures. Just make sure when you stay, if you want a fridge in the room to request it when you make your reservation, not all rooms have fridges, I forgot that this time, but to their credit, they brought a fridge to my room for me to use during my stay.
Even with the issues with the wireless, it is a comfortable Hampton, and if business brings me back to this part of Sarasota, I would have no problem staying here again.

Room Tip: When making a reservation make sure to specify a room with fridge & microwave as not all rooms...