“Very unpleasant experience!”

Ranked #27 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
San Antonio, TX
“Very unpleasant experience!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just got back from a 2 night stay at the Hampton Inn in Sarasota for a labor day weekend getaway. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this hotel based on my experience. First the pros: location was good, (close to I-75 & restaurants), the rooms & lobby seemed clean (did not see the pool area). The breakfast was ok. Everything was mostly frozen and pre-packaged, but that was expected. Now unto the not so good: the bathroom had a very strong urine scent. It was quite disgusting if I am honest. This is the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed at. The walls and doors must be paper thin. I could hear every single word of our neighbors conversations and whenever someone flushed the toilet in the next room. But the worst thing of all was a very unpleasant experience with an employee. I wish I had seen his name tag. My friend was in the lobby with his son who has a medical condition which requires him to wear a helmet 23 hours a day. This male employee walked by us and said "That's what you get when you play rugby". I was completely flabbergasted by his lack of empathy and rudeness towards guests at his place of employment. I would rather sleep under a bridge than stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank GGRIRL
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had. I can assure you that we take all guest feedback very seriously and appreciate that you brought this to our attention. If you have a moment, please contact us so we can follow up.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 28-Aug for 3 nights,great room very comfortable bed,excellent b,fast staff very nice especially Diana on reception who sorted out my mobile phone would highly recommend this hotel good value for money .Nigel&Maureen tribe.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Clean hotel , clean room , good location , friendly service , affordable price , this is all what I need for a good night sleep
I will definitely recommend this place to all my friends
PS. Free - complementary wifi works perfectly ! :)

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank MariuszR
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Hampton was very clean. Lobby & room. All employees were very nice. Breakfast A-Okay. Good coffee & free paper in the morning. Pool area very clean and the water warm. Location close to all shops & I-75.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Was very satisfied with everything. In todays world that is very hard to find. The room was very clean. The beds were so comfortable! LOVED the duvet covers on the bed. It made them so cozy! Loved the continental breakfast! Very friendly service and will always stay at a Hampton Inn! The BEST experience! Many Thanks!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Always a good stay. Six years now. The Local is super. Staff is always friendly! I do miss Jayson, and know he is doing WELL. Tell him Mike is working his tail off. Aren't we all. Stay in touch. Great to see families in the pool and many seminars in the conference room... some good ones.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My sheets and pillow cases were not changed as stated by the hotel. We had a bad urine smell in our bathroom, the entire stay which was 8 nights!!! We had black hair in our bathroom. They tried repairing the problem and I was ignored whenever I brought it up. The maintenance man even smelled the urine and acknowledged it.

• Stayed August 2013
SRQGM, Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about the unpleasant smell you encountered during your stay. We're addressing your concerns and looking into this issue with our maintenance team. I apologize that it was not taken care of prior to your departure. We hope you will reconsider giving us another opportunity to serve you.