“LOUD...LOUD...LOUD”

Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed there last night as a quick stopover between sporting events. Was placed on the 4th floor away from the elevator so I thought we should get a good night's rest. You can hear EVERYTHING! from the traffic on I75 to the noisy, rude neighbors. Door slamming all night long and if anyone speaks in the hallway it was if they were standing in the room with us. The room itself was clean and maintained, but we got less sleep than we hoped for!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear about all of the surrounding noises that disrupted your sleep. We have extra staff and security on hand during high traffic periods but always ask our guests to let us know if they have a concern so we can quickly address any issues and ensure comfort and safety. We've shared your comment with our team for future resolutions. We hope that if you're travels bring you back to the area, you'll consider staying with us again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My fiance and I went to Sarasota to visit friends and the beaches. We normally stay at resorts, but every place was sold out on the beaches and decided to stay at the Hampton Inn. We were shocked about how close it was to the downtown area and the beaches. The fiance and I did not even drive much to eat because there were so many restaurants within walking distance. The location for us was very convenient and the area was very nice.

Checking in the hotel was great. The front desk staff was very fast, efficient and friendly. Especially Sara, she immediately acknowledged our Hilton honors and gave us great recommendations for places to eat. Her service is greatly appreciated because she made us feel so welcomed. The rooms were nice and comfortable. We were impressed, coming from a couple who only stayed at full serviced hotels. Neat and affordable stay.

We will definitely come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: The pure rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Booked this Hotel to attend wedding in Siesta Key. Very nice Hotel. Had a quiet room on the 5th floor. Arrived late at night and was given great advice where we could go for late dinner. Brought leftovers back, but realised we had no frig. Called down to desk and they brought one up in about 5 mins. Great service. Had one glitch one day when we went out for site seeing at 9:30 am, housekeeping was right outside our door. Said "Good morning" to them and they could see we were carrying camera bag and rolling out a daybag so it was obvious we were heading out for day. Got back to Hotel at 4:30 to get ready for Wedding and our room had not been cleaned. We got ready and went back out into hall at 5:15 and everyone was gone. On way out reported to desk our room had not been cleaned and requested towels. we had them in room when we got back, so at least they took care of that. Overall, Hotel is nice and VERY convenient
to local site seeing. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great hotel to stay at if you are looking for an affordable and comfortable stay while in Sarasota. Rooms are spacious and the free breakfast was a plus. Very convenient to I-75. Would definately stay here again.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here over Easter weekend and found it to be very clean, great location and had no complaints at all....so glad that the Hampton Inns offer smoking rooms complete with a air filter ....a little pricey tho....the room had a small refrig, micro and very comfortable beds...the free breakfast was good. If you are looking for a hotel close to i75 in the Sarasota area.....I would recommend this one.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Typical Hampton Inn in most circumstances but, bar none, one of the noisiest hotels I've ever stayed at. I barely slept the one night I stayed there. You could hear people a floor away when they were brushing their teeth. The elevator & room doors clanged open & closed all night, w/the sounds of toilets flushing in the background- just miserably noisy.

The staff, w/the exception of the breakfast crew, were less than stellar too. Upon checkout, the desk personnel never engaged me w/any questions or a morning greeting, never even made eye contact w/me.

For $125 a night, I expect better from H/I.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LEE S
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise issues you encountered. Your comments will help us to correct these issues moving forward and we hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel has a very high usage level, probably due to its location and the Hampton Inn reputation for providing good value for money. However the hotel appeared tired to me, in need of some refurbishment and in particular, in need of a real deep clean. The bathroom area around the toilet smelt of urine all weekend and this was nothing to do with me or my partner's bathroom habits......housekeeping needs monitoring clearly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future and I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.