“good location off highway”

Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Hard to find unless you are coming off I-75. Sits back behind shopping center. Good location and close enough to all things Sarasota. Garmin got us close but could not see it from the direction we were from--driving east. Adequate in all ways.

Room Tip: back side away from I-75
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Hello Yahootraveler64,

Thank you for your kind comments in regards to your recent stay with us. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my wife for one night. The hotel is clean, quiet, and the rate was fair. The breakfast was good. No major thrills, just a good decent place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Hello OrlandoTraveler32814

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and shared your comments for all to see. Kind Regards.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

My wife and I Stayed here for two weeks in January. The most outstanding thing about this hotel was the frienliness & helpfulness of the staff. The breakfast was more than adequit. Our room was very clean. The location was very convenient to I-75. Even with the closeness to I-75 the room was very quiet.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Schulteg0
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Hello Schulteg0

Thank you for your kind comments and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please think about us next time you are back in Sarasota. We would love to host you again.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Eathen at the check in desk was Wonderful, Very Nice young man. We were very Pleased with him. We laughed and joked. he took great care of us in our two night stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Hello Dorcas S,

We appreciate that you took the time to thank one of our "Stellar" Employees. This really goes a long way, and we truly thank you for this. Glad to hear he continues to do well with our loyal guests.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed here whilst visiting friends, there aren't many hotels in the area but the Hampton inn was the best choice.

The room was clean and had everything we needed, the bed was comfortable and had a large flat screen tv.
The staff were attentive on check-in and prompt, the following day my wife was extremely ill and they let us stay on at the hotel until she was feeling better which was very gracious of them and we were thankful.

There is a millers across the car park and also many choices of restaurants in the area.

We will stay here again next time were visiting

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello penlanspice

Thank you for taking time to review the Hampton Inn on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your kind comments and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will share the comments with our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Upon arrival I asked the person at the desk if there were cookies in the lounge. I was told they ran out. I then asked if there were snacks in my room since I am a Diamond Member. He told me there was. I got to my room and there wasn't. I called the desk and someone brought snacks to my room. As I was hanging my clothes in the closet, I noticed a big beige spot on my slacks. The closet door had wet paint on it and I bumped against it and therefore paint was on my slacks. I told the person who brought me the snacks and he told me the Manager was still there and he would tell her and she would call me. I had to call the desk b/c no one called. He said the Manager was talking to a guest and he had not been able to tell her. She finally calls me back and says she was told there was a problem with a door. Wow! They sent a person from Maintenance to try to get the paint out of my slacks. I asked why didn't they put me in another room. She said all of the doors were wet due to them doing some touch up painting earlier. I then asked if she could put something on the door so I can at least remember throughout the night the door is wet. She left and came back with some blue tape (which she ran out of). She then took my slacks to try and remove the paint. She was able to get most of it out but not all of it. She apologized and said maybe the cleaners could get the rest of it out.

This entire stay was ridiculous! What kind of customer service is this?

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Laura R

Hello Laura R,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn on your visit to Sarasota. We truly apologize for the unfortunate experience with us and would like to speak to you to make it right. Please contact Janet Moussa, General Manager, at janet.moussa@hilton.com. Kind Regards. We hope to have the opportunity to regain your Loyalty.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

The first thing we noticed about this Hampton Inn was it's staff. They don't seem to care too much. The first room we were assigned had a maintenance cart in the doorway with an open tube of caulk sitting on top. We went back down to the desk and had to wait while the only front desk person was on the phone ( you could tell it was a personal call). Got another room and one of our keys didn't work. I stopped at the front desk later and the person seemed to go out of his way to explain how it was my fault -- had it in the same pocket as my cell phone, etc. It really wasn't a big deal but he seemd annoyed having to simply code me another. Unfortunately he had a trainee so I don't know how they're going to work out. The breakfast was your basic Hampton Inn, no complaints there. The room was clean, TV worked well on all channels. A good stay other than the staff, which is odd at a Hampton.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KichwaTembo007
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Hello KichwaTembo007,

Thank you for taking time to submit a TripAdvisor Posting for you stay with us in June of last year. I'm glad to see that many of the the things during your stay met your satisfaction and what you come to expect while staying at the Hampton Inn. We truly do apologize for possible service issues with the checkin process. We will look into what may have occurred, and would like to make this right. Please contact the hotel's General Manager, Janet Moussa at janet.moussa@hilton.com to discuss the specifics of your experience further.