“Good clean hotel, good staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge

Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
swansea. uk
“Good clean hotel, good staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed here whilst visiting friends, there aren't many hotels in the area but the Hampton inn was the best choice.

The room was clean and had everything we needed, the bed was comfortable and had a large flat screen tv.
The staff were attentive on check-in and prompt, the following day my wife was extremely ill and they let us stay on at the hotel until she was feeling better which was very gracious of them and we were thankful.

There is a millers across the car park and also many choices of restaurants in the area.

We will stay here again next time were visiting

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Hello penlanspice

Thank you for taking time to review the Hampton Inn on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your kind comments and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will share the comments with our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Upon arrival I asked the person at the desk if there were cookies in the lounge. I was told they ran out. I then asked if there were snacks in my room since I am a Diamond Member. He told me there was. I got to my room and there wasn't. I called the desk and someone brought snacks to my room. As I was hanging my clothes in the closet, I noticed a big beige spot on my slacks. The closet door had wet paint on it and I bumped against it and therefore paint was on my slacks. I told the person who brought me the snacks and he told me the Manager was still there and he would tell her and she would call me. I had to call the desk b/c no one called. He said the Manager was talking to a guest and he had not been able to tell her. She finally calls me back and says she was told there was a problem with a door. Wow! They sent a person from Maintenance to try to get the paint out of my slacks. I asked why didn't they put me in another room. She said all of the doors were wet due to them doing some touch up painting earlier. I then asked if she could put something on the door so I can at least remember throughout the night the door is wet. She left and came back with some blue tape (which she ran out of). She then took my slacks to try and remove the paint. She was able to get most of it out but not all of it. She apologized and said maybe the cleaners could get the rest of it out.

This entire stay was ridiculous! What kind of customer service is this?

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank Laura R
Hello Laura R,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn on your visit to Sarasota. We truly apologize for the unfortunate experience with us and would like to speak to you to make it right. Please contact Janet Moussa, General Manager, at janet.moussa@hilton.com. Kind Regards. We hope to have the opportunity to regain your Loyalty.
Pasadena, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

The first thing we noticed about this Hampton Inn was it's staff. They don't seem to care too much. The first room we were assigned had a maintenance cart in the doorway with an open tube of caulk sitting on top. We went back down to the desk and had to wait while the only front desk person was on the phone ( you could tell it was a personal call). Got another room and one of our keys didn't work. I stopped at the front desk later and the person seemed to go out of his way to explain how it was my fault -- had it in the same pocket as my cell phone, etc. It really wasn't a big deal but he seemd annoyed having to simply code me another. Unfortunately he had a trainee so I don't know how they're going to work out. The breakfast was your basic Hampton Inn, no complaints there. The room was clean, TV worked well on all channels. A good stay other than the staff, which is odd at a Hampton.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KichwaTembo007
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Hello KichwaTembo007,

Thank you for taking time to submit a TripAdvisor Posting for you stay with us in June of last year. I'm glad to see that many of the the things during your stay met your satisfaction and what you come to expect while staying at the Hampton Inn. We truly do apologize for possible service issues with the checkin process. We will look into what may have occurred, and would like to make this right. Please contact the hotel's General Manager, Janet Moussa at janet.moussa@hilton.com to discuss the specifics of your experience further.
oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

The linens were fresh and clean and the rooms were spotless. New large flat screens and comfy pillows. Small but fine fitness room. Lovely little pool in the sun. Nice hot tub and range of choices at the included breakfast . Convenient just off I 75..

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank wadham
Hello Wadham,

Thank you for you kind comments in regards to your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed our wonderful TV's and comfy pillows. We hope to see you back so that you may enjoy them again.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Very close to the class I was attending. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. No problems with anything during my stay. The bed was comfortable, the internet was fast, and the bathroom was great! I will definitely stay there again if I am back down there for work!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Pam S
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Hello Pam S,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We will definitely pass your kind words on to our staff and hope to see you back with us shortly.
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Easy access to I-75 North or South, all of the the hotel staff I encountered was very friendly and helpful. I did have a small problem with the internet, however, it was corrected within 15 minutes of the problem being relayed to the front desk. A/C worked fine, the room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathrooms were clean and updated. The breakfast was outstanding! The hotel is safe with shopping and eating within walking distance.

Room Tip: Make an early reservation
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Hello Bruce P,

Thank you for taking time to add your kind comments onto the Tripadvisor page. We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to rectify the issues that you had while with us. We hope to see you the next time you are in Sarasota.
Shawnee, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Loved the huge vanity with the bottom shelf in the bathroom......big enough for all of his and hers sundries, towels, hair dryer, kleenex, etc; fresh cookies daily; 37" flat panel TV; newer carpet; no outside noise; front desk very pleasant and helpful; and an over-the-top continental breakfast. A new side door had been installed for security to replace the old non-working door so that was not an issue.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Hello SusanShawnee_KS,

We thank you for your kind comments in regards to your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our oversized vanities. Thanks for noticing all the space to spread out that they provide our guests. We hope that you have a chance to get back to Sarasota soon and decide to stay with us again. Happy New Year.