“Pam S”

Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Pam S”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Very close to the class I was attending. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. No problems with anything during my stay. The bed was comfortable, the internet was fast, and the bathroom was great! I will definitely stay there again if I am back down there for work!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Pam S
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Hello Pam S,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We will definitely pass your kind words on to our staff and hope to see you back with us shortly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Easy access to I-75 North or South, all of the the hotel staff I encountered was very friendly and helpful. I did have a small problem with the internet, however, it was corrected within 15 minutes of the problem being relayed to the front desk. A/C worked fine, the room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathrooms were clean and updated. The breakfast was outstanding! The hotel is safe with shopping and eating within walking distance.

Room Tip: Make an early reservation
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Hello Bruce P,

Thank you for taking time to add your kind comments onto the Tripadvisor page. We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to rectify the issues that you had while with us. We hope to see you the next time you are in Sarasota.
Shawnee, KS
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Loved the huge vanity with the bottom shelf in the bathroom......big enough for all of his and hers sundries, towels, hair dryer, kleenex, etc; fresh cookies daily; 37" flat panel TV; newer carpet; no outside noise; front desk very pleasant and helpful; and an over-the-top continental breakfast. A new side door had been installed for security to replace the old non-working door so that was not an issue.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Hello SusanShawnee_KS,

We thank you for your kind comments in regards to your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our oversized vanities. Thanks for noticing all the space to spread out that they provide our guests. We hope that you have a chance to get back to Sarasota soon and decide to stay with us again. Happy New Year.
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with a friend in October. The hotel is conveniently located near the highway but it is a 15 minute drive to Siesta Key and about 20 minutes to the airport. There's a decent restaurant/bar walking distance to the hotel which is nice. The hotel itself is clean although the door is a bit "granny" (not my style). But it is clean and comfortable. The breakfast is good, the fitness center is not much but as long as you go when no one else is in there you're fine. The staff are nice although I would caution some of their recommendations. They recommended a taxi company (Yellow Cab) that told us a taxi was on its way three times. After 50 minutes we called "Night Ride" and the driver showed up in 15 minutes. If you need a taxi, I would call them.

Next time I'm in the area I will probably stay a little closer to the Key since thats where I spend most of my time. But if this location is convenient to you, I would definitely recommend this hotel. Safe travels.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Hello Aevegan,

Thank you for taking time to comment on our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your visit with us. We do pride ourselves with our vicinity to Siesta Key Beach and happy that you got a chance to visit while you were down here. We will most definitely note the issues with the cab company that we recommended to you. Thank you for the input. Happy New Year.
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed September 9, 2011

The side door to get into the building that should only open with a key could be opened just by pulling the handle. The parts on the door were loose also. Apparently this lock has not worked for quite some time even though it was known. The breakfast had a good variety but the cut up fruit dis not tast good.

We find the lack of a secure building disturbing and will consider other hotels next time

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Hello William A,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor feedback. I assure you that the hotel take the safety and security of our guests very seriously. We are aware that the side door is currently having issues and are in the process of replacing this. This should be complete by week's end, as it was custom built for the hotel. We assure you that the next time you visit, it will be to your satisfaction. We hope we have the ability to re earn your Loyalty the next time you are in town.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Excellent location, comfortable, clean, spacious and quiet room - free breakfast was great. Professional, courteous and helpful staff. Would recommend to other business or non-business travellers.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor posting and sharing your experience with others. We to see you the next time you are in Sarasota.
Orlando
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The hotel is clean, convenient to I-75 and in good condition. We enjoyed our stay for our daughter's soccer tournament nearby. The hotel was a good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family