“We most definitely loved it and will return”

Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge
Ranked #27 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Fleming Island, Fl
“We most definitely loved it and will return”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I'm always most concerned with cleanliness when staying at hotels and was not let down. The hotel is very clean, all staff we came across was professional AND friendly and the breakfast bar is not your average bar. Lots of choices and tasty food. We are so looking forward to coming again now that we know we have a great place to stay and the price is right.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. Our entire staff prides itself on our Hotel's Cleanliness and we are glad that you shared your comments for all to see. Also glad that you enjoyed the delicous Hampton breakfast. We hope that we get a chance to host you again on your next visit to Sarasota.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
elkridge
Reviewed March 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed in your hotel and found that the air conditioning unit was very loud when running. Also, you need to give more thought to your breakfast. As a diabetic I would like to have enjoyed some eggs, but there was never just plain eggs. They were filled with cheese or ham or bacon or served on a biscuit. I don't eat breakfast meats or cheese. The only other breakfast fare contained a lot of carbs, very bad for a diabetic. Yogurt was fine and the fruit, but that was it for a diabetic.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trophywife08
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
We thank you for your comments. We will personally share your feedback with Hampton Brand Representatives to see what alternatives may possiblly be available. We hope to see you in the near future. Kind Regards.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Before I even checked in I called to make sure all my reservations were in order and paid for by corporate. The gentleman was so nice in answering my questions and telling me what else I needed to make sure my check-in went smooth.
Then, when I checked-in and got to my room I called the front desk to ask if there was a microwave so I could come down and make some soup. The same gentleman told me that he would have someone bring one up and a refrigerator. 5 minutes later, I had someone knocking on my door with the refrigerator and microwave who set it up in about 45 seconds and made his way out. TALK ABOUT FAST DELIVERY!!
Today, I had my room keys become uncharged, so I went down to the front desk and the lady fixed them in about 2 seconds. Yet another fast fix!
Oh and the cherry on top of it, 24 hour good coffee, fruit, and today they even had freshly made cookies of all sorts!! And they offer free internet and HBO.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, March 25, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback and we hope to see you and others from your company back with us soon. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us.

Kind Regards...
Arizona City, Arizona
Reviewed March 16, 2011

Very lovely and friendly staff. Everyone made us feel welcome and our requests were met in a quick and friendly manner. The Front desk staff was very pleasant and efficient at check in and check out. They gave us good directions, information and suggestions on things to do in the area. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast with accomodation are definately a great value. We will definately stay there again when we visit Sarasota.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind comments and patronage. We look forward to having you back in the near future and truly appreciate the comments you have shared.
boca raton
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I arrived at this hotel with my 6 month pregnant wife and our 18 month old son We has stayed here before . We ordered a crib in advance. when we got there they delivered a broken down looking crib which the mainantance guy was having issues getting into the room, We got unpacked and noticed our bed was caved in down the middle, we notified the front desk and he offered to give us a different room. we figured we had already unpacked so we figured we would just deal with it, We put our son into the crib and it immedialy BROKE IN PIECES with my son falling out of it. How can a Hotel even bring a crib in this condition. Isn't it better to say I'm sorry we ran out of cribs not sending in something which can injur a baby. the front desk guy Chris came to the room showing very little remorse in what just happened and said this crib was a standard one. he brought in a 2nd one which also was broken, he became very upset at me and told me if i dont like it I can leave. I asked to get that other room than so my son can sleep in a bed without falling out of with us, he than angerily told me nope we have no rooms with a big smug smile on his face. this was the worst hotel service I have ever experienced and I will be contacting the General Manager there as well as corporate offices on how unpleasant this front desk attendant Chris and my stay was there. We had to wander sarasota at 11 at night trying to find vacancy at another place,

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank du1902
SRQGM, Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I understand that our General Manager has made direct contact with you as we would like to discuss the incident in further detail. Regards..
sarasota
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We tried to book a group of 12-15 rooms for a surprise party and could not get the staff to respond at all. The group booking person (Shrika) has to be the worse service person I have ever encountered. She returned one call out of six that we placed to her. We took our business elsewhere.

Stayed March 2011
2 Thank billpall
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
We apologize for any miscommunication that there may have been. We are reviewing our records to see what may have occurred on our end. We hope we have the ability to re earn your trust and business. Please call our General Manager, Janet Moussa, if we can help you in any way.
North Carolina
Reviewed February 26, 2011

This is a motel and a staff I will never forget and can never thank enough.

Members of family and I have stayed here frequently while visiting an ailing, elderly mother; and this motel became a second home for us, not just because of convenience but because of the caring staff. When our mother finally died in January, the staff rallied round and gave us endless, much welcomed support - help with logistics, comfort and room arrangements, an occasional hug, and even a beyond-the-call condolence gift from the manager and desk. We will never forget this crew and never forget how staying there was the one positive part of a very dark time.

Over the years, we have seen many ups and a few downs here, with needed and welcome renovations, as well as the inevitable occasional malfunctions. But on balance and over all, I would say that - particularly in the last 2-3 years -- there has been a concerted effort to try to get it right whenever something goes wrong if it's within the staff's power to correct. The manager tries very hard to deal with problems as they come up, and I hope her supervisors know how hard she and her crew try. By far, most of our visits have been when things work very well. And the cookies at 5 are warm and dangerous.

In general, would I recommend staying here? Absolutely. And say hi to them for us - they will know who we are.

(Do note: if you're expecting to be right on the beach in an upscale setting for a budget price, you're being unrealistic: look at a map and be aware that you are convenient to I-75, a hospital, and several retirement communities, but you are a few miles through traffic to get to a beach.)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
SRQGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sarasota I-75 Bee Ridge, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. We've truly enjoyed having you as guests and view you as an extension of our Hampton Inn Sarasota family. If there is anything we can ever do to help you during this difficult time, you always know how to reach us..