I have stayed on Lido Beach at least 25 times before in a timeshare condo, but for a 2 night stay with friends, I needed to find an actual hotel. I had seen this hotel countless times from the beach, and it always seemed to be busy, and received good reviews on Trip Advisor, so I booked it.
It is an older location, and could use some upgrades in minor details such as wallpaper & locks on the doors that were hard to turn at times, and free high speed internet would be nice, but that's the extent of the "negative" things I have to say. Everything was clean, which makes a big difference in an older property.
The property is right on the Gulf of Mexico, with great views from the Gulf Front rooms. It is very well maintained, and the grounds are in terrific condition. The beach is raked every morning by the staff to keep it as soft as possible. 2 big heated pools sit in the courtyard along with a pool bar. Beach chairs, cabanas & beach volleyball are all available free of charge. The staff was friendly, from the front desk, to the coffee shop/bar, to housekeeping and maintenance.
The beach is great for walking, and we had good views of dolphins one afternoon. The sun sets each evening right in front of the hotel. St. Armand's Circle, filled with shops & restaurants, is a 10-15 minute walk or a 2 minute drive.
It was a positive experience staying in a different place on a beach that I already know is fantastic, and is affordable for a beachfront location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota