The perfect place for me is the Helmsley Sandcastle. We've stayed at the Sandcastle for the last 10 years and it's always a nice place. It is an older hotel, but kept nice. The location is excellent right on the beach. We had a Gulf view room, definitely the best at the hotel and worth the extra money. Waking up hearing the sea, which is very relaxing and stepping on your balcony and looking out to sea was superb! You can watch the sunset from your balcony if you want and even see some dolphins swim by. Those rooms have also a refrigerator and lots of space and they all are gulf front rooms. One time we had the suite, with the jacuzzi and steam cabin, that was great. This room has a view over the pool and the beach. It was the 10th time we’ve stayed at the Helmsley Sandcastle, so we got a present from the manager. When we got back from the beach, we found the present on our room, with a card that saying that they appreciated that we’ve been there for the 10th time. We received lots of goodies like a bottle of wine, cheese, fruit and much more. That was really nice of him!
The beach is also great! The water is beautiful emerald green. The water on the gulf coast is generally warmer and much calmer than the east coast. If you are early in the mornings, you can find some beautiful shells, there are so many on the beach. Everyday you’ll see sandpipers and pelicans fishing. You can swim or when it’s get to hot, you can relax under the cabana and read a book or take a nap. During the weekends there is live music by the pool. A must in the evening is to grab a chair and watch the beautiful sunset. The staff is working there as long as we've come to this hotel. So they like to work there, and you’ll notice that on the service that you get. They are all so friendly. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping boutiques within walking distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota