We have visited this hotel for the past 20+ years! and have really grown to love it through its beautiful location and friendly staff. We were concerned before visiting after reading several reviews about the changes being made with certain things, however these changes once arrived proved to not be an issue for us at all! The friendly faces which we have seen year after year were still there, chad in the candlelight restaurant and Lynn in the restaurant serving us at breakfast. We particularly had a good experience with Lynn on two mornings, who is always a smiley, happy face to see first thing in the morning at breakfast! She really cannot do enough for you to make your stay most enjoyable and it was lovely to catch up with her again after seeing her year after year.
The changes that we saw, in particular the ones which took place on the beach, we felt... Were an improvement! The beach facilities have vastly improved with very efficient, friendly, hard working beach staff who were only to happy to help whether it was an umbrella we needed or even just a friendly 'hey, how are you?' As we walked by.
The women on reception who checked us in and out were absolutely lovely, really chatty and friendly! We were concerned before visiting but had nothing to worry about at all.
The rooms... Having stayed the same since the change over, could do with a little tlc granted. However, they are clean and everything works!! Besides, most of your time will be spent on the beautiful, white sandy beaches! Hopefully the new owners will get around to updating the rooms, then, we feel the resort would be spot on! Apart from the rooms, the resort has stayed as is and the amenities outdoors are faultless.
In summary, any small short falls in the hotel is more than made up for by this incredible location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota