Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
$199
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$129
$153
$99
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$100
$86
$285
$245
Lido Beach Resort(Sarasota)
$329
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$94
$189
TripAdvisor
$369
  • Restaurant
1,534 results
All reviewslido beachpool bargulf view roomarmand's circlepools were nicebeach frontbeach staffping ponggreat beachfree shuttlean older hotelbit datedgulf of mexicoper daychairs and umbrellaspool sidewhite sand
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My family and I stayed in the room that was meant for the handicapped. Let me break it down for you. If you are wheelchair bound you are better off sleeping on the beach.

The handicapped room had one double bed and a couch that pulled out into a cot. The shower was wonderful but the room itself had stains on the floor, bugs in the room, and a dehumidifier that needed to be changed hourly due to the mildew smell that filled the room. Even our clothes began to smell like it.

I voiced my concern to the front desk only to be quickly moved to another room.

I was very disappointed in the quality of the room for the price I was paying.

I am only giving this 3 stars (was going to give one) for the wonderful lady at the front desk who upgraded our room and for the wonderful staff that worked out by the beach.

Beautiful view but make sure you look at the room before you decide to stay there. YIKES.

Room Tip: Make sure you look at the room before you book it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Eddie S, General Manager at Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Sandcastle Resort. I apologize for the condition of your room; that is not what you should have received.

I will pass along your comments to our Housekeeping and Maintenance staff so they can put the room into the proper and expected condition.

Again, my apologies and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This property was recently bought in Feb of 2014. I was hoping for some signs of renovation but I suspect that this being early June, that I arrived prior to the major renovations beginning. This was our 2nd stay at this property. Its strength is its proximity to the Gulf. Without exaggeration, if your room is truly Gulf-Front, you are about 12 steps to the water and 5 steps to the sand. Another plus are several very loyal employees such as Sherry at the front desk and Rachel in the restaurant. The breakfast buffet for $12 is wonderful, however be ready to dodge the occasional visitor from the sky- hungry seagulls, when dining outside.

The hotel is challenged as it truly needs renovations. My room was a throwback to the 70s. And the wear and tear shows! I can actually forgive 'wear and tear,' but the filthy screens on the bathroom windows, dirty carpets in the rooms, dirt all around the door frames, food particles in the microwave is really a problem (Dear New Hotel Owners and Housekeeping Mgr- - please go through your rooms and make sure they are spotless. We understand the chips and gouges in furniture but there is no reason for dirty rooms).

The charm and incredible close proximity to the Gulf is fabulous. The cleaning needs to start now.

Room Tip: Gulf front, 4th floor. Room 456 is a corner room with spectacular views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank JerseyGirlTulsa

I am sorry to hear of the condition of your room here at the resort. I have passed along to Housekeeping your comments for them to review and make corrections.

Please accept our apologies. We do hope that you will return to the resort so we can deliver the product and service you deserve.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Fantastic position, great holiday with very friendly staff. Rooms a little tired but really didn't matter. Clean sheets and towels every day. Would go there again and again. They really care about making your holiday great. Had a small problem which they solved whilst we were out and then took the time to check with us the next day that everything was ok.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank LynneGreatGaddesden

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Sandcastle Resort. I am pleased to hear you had a good stay with us and found our associates to be helpful and friendly.

The associates of the resort appreciate your business and hope you will return.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

My wife and I were celebrating her special birthday in Florida this week and we booked the Sandcastle based on reading many reviews on Tripadvisor. We were there on the nights of May 28 and 29th. We loved the place! It was everything that we imagined and more. Check in was quick,smooth,and professional. Some went out of their way to gather information for us to go to the Ringling Museum and aquarium.It was greatly appreciated. This resort is just great. The room we had was so close to the water.I think it was 129. We were just steps away and what a beautiful beach it was.The pools looked great, but we spent our short time on the beach. While everyone we had contact with from the front desk, to housekeeping, to the nice man at the bar was wonderful. I wanted to pay particular attention to Judy in our breakfast room. She is just one of the nicest people one could ever meet. She went out of her way for everything we asked for. The others in the breakfast area were very personable and friendly too.As a side note, the other hotels we stayed at did not have bacon, so when we saw all the bacon, our eyes lit up and it was great tasting along with the scrambled eggs and other items at the buffett.

To sum up. Our stay was great! and we will come back to the Sandcastle again.
Great job from top to bottom for all who work at the Sandcastle

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael H

Thank you for staying with us at the Sandcastle Resort. We are pleased that you had what sounds like a great stay here at the resort. Your comments will be passed along to our associates, as they like to know how our guests perceive us.

Again, thank you for staying and hope to see you again at the Sandcastle.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had a 5 night stay at the resort. It is in need of some modernisation but that said it has a quaint atmosphere with a wonderful location on the beach. The rooms were comfortable and had ample facilities. The service was for the most part friendly and helpful without being over the top. We did not sample the restaurant other than breakfast but that was good enough although we did have some problems getting the attention of the staff on occasions. Would we stay again...a definite possibility mainly because of the beach.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iansquash

We appreciate the comments regarding your stay here at the Sandcastle Resort. Sorry to hear that you had challenges getting the attention of our associates. We will take your comments and work on improving this matter.

Thank you for staying with us and please consider returning to the Sandcastle on your next return to the area.