My wife and I were celebrating her special birthday in Florida this week and we booked the Sandcastle based on reading many reviews on Tripadvisor. We were there on the nights of May 28 and 29th. We loved the place! It was everything that we imagined and more. Check in was quick,smooth,and professional. Some went out of their way to gather information for us to go to the Ringling Museum and aquarium.It was greatly appreciated. This resort is just great. The room we had was so close to the water.I think it was 129. We were just steps away and what a beautiful beach it was.The pools looked great, but we spent our short time on the beach. While everyone we had contact with from the front desk, to housekeeping, to the nice man at the bar was wonderful. I wanted to pay particular attention to Judy in our breakfast room. She is just one of the nicest people one could ever meet. She went out of her way for everything we asked for. The others in the breakfast area were very personable and friendly too.As a side note, the other hotels we stayed at did not have bacon, so when we saw all the bacon, our eyes lit up and it was great tasting along with the scrambled eggs and other items at the buffett.
To sum up. Our stay was great! and we will come back to the Sandcastle again.
Great job from top to bottom for all who work at the Sandcastle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota