My family first stayed at the Sandcastle about 46 years ago, and we've been coming more or less since then. The hotel is a lovely property located right on the beach, just minutes from the charming St.Armand's Circle (shopping area with retail and restaurants galore). The Sandcastle itself is a well maintained resort, clean and neat with a fantastic staff. Our room was amazing, right on the beach, with 2 comfortable double beds. I was thrilled to see that our room would be cleaned by Chris our housekeeper, and sometimes Reatha (the beauty of coming back every year has been knowing that Chris and her co-workers are there each year to make sure all of our room needs are met!). Carolyn runs a great housekeeping department! Sherry and Matt met us at the front desk when we arrived and always did their best to make us feel like the most important guests at the resort. Adam was professional and courteous, and worked very hard to accommodate our large group. Connie, Zoe, Lynn and Chad greeted us with smiles daily at the restaurant where we enjoyed delicious breakfasts outside by the pool. Dave (beach and pool) took great care of our huge group at the beach every day, and we look forward to seeing him and Brad when we return next year. But the highlight of our trip was the Easter egg hunt and games on the beach! The staff worked together with all departments (Adam, Dave, Brad, (the food and beverage head, can't remember her name, sorry!) and the GM Eddie...were all out there having a great time with the guests!). All and all it was a great vacation.....oh wait, did I mention that the sunsets are spectacular?!? Can't wait to return next year! So happy to see familiar faces and meet some new ones!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota