My family and I stayed 4 days/3nights. When we arrived, first time in the Lido Beach area, and I didn't know what to expect after reading some of the reviews. You won't get fancy fountains, elaborate fixtures, or fancy furniture. It is truly a Hotel frozen in time…reminded me of “Sunny Motel’s” from The Adam Sandler movie Bedtime Stories. The Beach is lined with high rise condo’s and right next door is the elaborate Ritz Carlton. But, this hotel is special. It is not filled with pretentious people. It was filled with families. Families who are there to enjoy the beach, eat breakfast next to the pool, and enjoy their vacation. We walked the beach several mornings and aside from the public beach areas, this is the ONLY beach property with PLENTY of beach front space for playing in the sand, building sand castles, and lounging in your chair WITHOUT being right on top of the person next to you.
We paid extra for the beach view, and it was worth every penny. GREAT budget conscious hotel. There are no nearby stores and very few places to eat unless you drive/walk over to St. Armand's Circle, for Shopping, Dining, Entertainment and much more. Stop at the Publix on your way in…there is a frig in the room (a feature that is hard to find.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota