We've just returned from a brief stay (3 days) at the Helmsley Sandcastle, and are nothing short of pleased with our experience. The hotel is a bit older in comparison to those around it, but it has been kept up well and was not an issue for us. All of the staff that we encountered ( at check in, restaurant/bar, housekeeping, etc.), were friendly and helpful.
We had a Gulf View room on the second floor, which had a beautiful view of the beach. The room itself was quite large, and was comfortable. The only downside was the shower...it seemed very narrow, and the shower curtain always seemed to be in the way...a curved shower rod would do wonders.
The hotel has 2 outdoor pools, with lots of lounge chairs and tables available. The pool bar and restaurants are accessible from the pool area. The beach was beautiful and clean. There are plenty of lounge chairs available for guests, and umbrellas can be rented for the day for only $10.
We had originally thought we'd have to leave the resort to eat, but ended up staying for all of our meals. There is a breakfast buffet for less then $10 a person, and includes eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes, pastries and cereal. We also took advantage of the Saturday night buffet and were not disappointed. It was nice to be able to wander over to the restaurant or bar when we were hungry and not have to worry about getting changed out of our swimsuits.
The hotel is located to many amenities, including St. Armands Circle which has shopping and restaurants. We flew into Tampa, which was only a quick hours drive away. The hotel is also convenient to Ellenton Outlet Mall (within 20-30 minutes).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota