Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
$189
$150
$144
HotelIndigo.com
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$109
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$108
$113
$110
Hotels.com
1,524 results
All reviewslido beachpool bargulf view roomarmand's circlepools were nicebeach frontbeach staffping ponggreat beachan older hotelfree shuttlebit datedgulf of mexicoper daychairs and umbrellaspool sidewhite sand
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel right on the beach with another couple for a last minute getaway. Were able to get a beachfront unit w/o a reservation on the 4th of July weekend. A bit pricey for an older place ($260.) but we were happy to find a place right on the beach. An older three story hotel with plenty of rooms, two huge pools, a restaurant on sight (dinner was ok but breakfast buffet was better), tiki bar. Rooms were large and very clean considering it was an older hotel right on the beach. Beds were super comfortable, nice clean towels including bath sheets (a nice plus), even an inroom safe. Best part was we had not only a view but a door that went out to a small shared balcony with adjoining room. Really sweet as we were right on the beach. Great place for coffee or sunset. Super busy weekend with lots of guests but the staff was EXCELLENT! They were really great with service and seemed super friendly. Free beach towels for both poolside and the beach itself. Free chaise lounges, umbrellas for a small fee. Three huge thatch roof tiki huts that could be reserved for guests which we took shelter under when it rained. Best part was that we didn't have to leave the resort if we didn't want to. And we had front row seats for the Sarasota Grand Prix boat races on Sunday. That was great. Would definitely stay here again. Great job making our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Stayed in 262, beach front. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We have stayed at this property for years for the July 4 boat races. It is a great location - boats are directly off shore and you can float while watching the race. Great poolside bar - they tend to be a little less than perfectly nice on the holiday, but I guess that is to be expected? The property itself is dated, but I think it is "Florida quaint." And I've never found it to be anything but very clean. The on site restaurant is decent and (other than the poolside bartenders) the staff are all super nice - we see the same folks every year. The real draw for us is the proximity to St Armand's Circle -LOVE IT. You can't really walk it but there is a hotel limo service available (free), you just have to plan to be back by 10pm if you use it. We just drive up and plan to be patient looking for a parking spot. The price of the rooms is a bit steep given the age of the property, but it is location here that you pay for, and that makes it a good value on the 4th (just check with the Ritz next door and you will agree).

Room Tip: For the July 4 races you want a second or third floor gulf front - priceless if it rains!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NTM79
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My family was going on an extended vacation and wanted a lower cost beach location than what we were finding. My husband found this location and we booked it.

The key to enjoying your stay here is to have the proper expectations. It is not a luxury facility and may look a little dated BUT it is very clean and you cannot get a better location. We stayed in a courtyard room and I would highly recommend that. We were able to sit on chairs outside our rooms and enjoy the nice weather.

The only drawback was that you do not get a microwave or access to a microwave without paying for it. A microwave is available for $10/day. Since we have a family and don't like to eat out all the time, this is a must for us.

Pools were great and the beach service also a benefit. They place lounge chairs on the beach each day and they are complimentary. If you want an umbrella, it is $10/day or $50/week but again a good deal.

This hotel is directly across the street from a Florida State Park with nature trails. We had a blast going on "adventures" through the trails and would highly recommend, if you like that type of thing.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the courtyard room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Holdosh
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We used this hotel as our preferred hotel for our guests to stay at for our wedding this past weekend. Needless to say we were NOT impressed. Upon arrival the front desk staff was not friendly and rude when I asked to speak to the woman we did our booking for the rehearsal dinner (at the hotel) as well as our farewell brunch she was unavailable and I was passed to three different people before any one could answer any questions I had. I had to ask to see our rehearsal dinner room as well as to meet the manager in charge of our events. I was expecting them to be much friendlier and willing to show us around, especially since we had over 25 rooms booked with them and two meals. After the rehearsal dinner our guests overheard the manager in charge of our rehearsal complaining to the bartender how they we not making any money off of our event???? Unacceptable to complain in front of guests and they made plenty of money from our event.

The rooms were okay, somewhat dated. Had to call to get housekeeping to come up but they did once we requested them.

The servers both days (Saturday and Sunday) for breakfast were not friendly. I guess as the bride I expected better service that what was received. It was not told to us that 16% gratuity was already added. I work at a very well know resort and we add 18% gratuity but our servers are required to tell all guests. Otherwise people few like it is intentionally hidden, this is exactly how we felt.

During our brunch on Sunday my new husband and I were told by our rude waitress that we had to have our breakfast vouchers! We are the new bride and groom!!! My parents event put money down for the breakfast prior. So once again expecting great service because we spent a lot of money there and we just go married we were harassed by the waitress to go back to our room to get our breakfast vouchers. After her asking for them for the 5th time I asked to speak to the manager. Well then it wasn't an issue to just add two more to the total count for the brunch!?! So instead of being able to enjoy brunch with our guests before we all checked out we were harassed about breakfast vouchers. Extremely disappointing.

We do not plan on returning to the Helmsley and do not recommend anyone who wants great customer service to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank brittann22
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here in a wedding block which brought the price down. If we had to pay the normal rate I would be livid! The staff was very cold and short with us the whole time we were there. The rooms only offer double or king beds, no queen! Housekeeping was wonderful but front desk and wait staff deserved ZERO tip. Maybe they didn't care because they were already guaranteed a 16% tip with all checks. The food was NOT worth the price and the drinks were flat. We ended up going out and stocking our room ourselves. The pool and beach were great which was probably the only positive. It was a typical run down beach motel and I'd rather be at the holiday inn down the street. Never again!

• Stayed: June 2013