“I look forward to my stay every year”

Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The Holiday Inn Sarasota, Lido Beach is wonderful. Unbelievable dining area on the top floor, immaculate rooms, fabulous location across the street from the ocean, walking distance to St. Armands Circle.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank donnam10
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Wonderful and thank you for returning each year! We will see you in the Spring.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were visiting our neighbors from up North, our first time in Sarasota, and chose this hotel. View from the room was outstanding, breathtaking.

The hotel is well located walking distance to the beach, restaurants and shopping.
The breakfast was plentiful and fresh. On weekends the hotel has cookouts, very enjoyable and a delicious lunch menu. Otherwise, prices are high compared to nearby restaurants.

The hotel can use some remodeling, it is showing its age and prices are on the high side. The rooms could certainly be certainly more user friendly when it comes to electronics now days, plug ins, amenities, etc.

We enjoyed the area very much, the beautiful homes, a city very much into the arts and shopping is just heavenly for those interested. I have never seen so many "gently used clothes" shops!. We sat at a cafe down a street full of them and was told that it is like that all over the city.

I might go back to this hotel after it is renovated.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CitizenoftheAir

Thank you. We are glad you found us. We have a special location on Lido Key, and are working to make the rooms special for our guests as well. Shopping here is something else!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was in the Sarasota area for business and usually stayed near the airport. I decided to stay at this hotel for a change. The check-in process was quick and my room was ready when I arrived. I was on the 5th floor and my room overlooked the Gulf which was really nice. The room clean and more importantly for me the room smelled cleaned. I checked the bathroom as I usually do and it to was spotless including the bottom of the shower curtain that many times is often overlooked by the house staff. On Friday I had breakfast at the 7th Floor Resturant they had a great buffet the food was hot and fresh. I decided to stay an extra stay to relax and enjoy the pool where there was plenty of chairs and tables. On Saturday they had a cookout where they were serving lunch specials. I liked the fact that you can walk to the beach and during the day or night you can walk to the shopping and dining places at St. Armands Circle.

When I return to Sarasota I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

You found the spot for business and pleasure! Easy to get to downtown Sarasota, and a relaxing view of the gulf when the day is done. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have stayed here a few times now, yes the property is a tad dated but take one look out of your window and you will be too blown away to notice! Excellent service, friendly staff, very clean, good food! The view from the restaurant is breathtaking! Just across the road from the beach and a stroll from St Armands Circle, hence ideally placed! Our last visit we took the corner suite which has no balcony BUT to compensate the floor to ceiling windows give uninterrupted views of the white sands and crystal blue waters. We will return, again and again if I have my way :-)

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean view room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

We thank you for your great compliments of all the elements that make ours a special hotel. We are working on the tad dated parts, and know you will see improvements when we see you again.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I lived in Sarasota for 35 years and knew that the Holiday Inn Lido Beach was an old established property. Check -in was smooth, and we had a second floor room that was very large. While they have done a great deal to make it look like a newer hotel, there is alot of room for improvement. The tub has been removed and they have a glass shower stall, pedestal sink and no place in the bathroom to place personal items. Because it is my profession, I see things that others might overlook, like a dust cover that was soiled with a sticky white substance. Old furniture that has been refurbished, and a very uncomfortable easy chair. The business chair was more comfortable. Furniture on the balcony is in need of replacement. We all travel with electrical appliances, and there truly is a lack of available plugs to charge laptops, cell phones, etc. Bar service was excellent, but the rooftop restaurant left a lot to be be desired. The menu is quite limited and while we arrived late (restaurant closed at 9pm), it was less than desirable. I had planned a family dinner the next evening, but decided to move it. The rates are because of the location. Kudos to maintenance, they responded immediately. If you was the location, it is probably worth the money - but I'm willing to drive the next time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for your compliments of our staff and location. We are disappointed that you found issues in your guest room, as we strive to keep our property clean and welcoming. We are in process of working to improve our property, and appreciate your comments regarding these improvements. We know you will see a difference on your next visit to Sarasota.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed here on lido beach at the Holiday it was great, good service and close to the beach and very kid friendly. Rooms and service was great! And close to shopping area and eating places on St Armands Circle

Room Tip: ask or a view of the beach
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Kymberley M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Wow - thank you! We are proud of our team, and it is nice to know they made a difference in your stay. See you again soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We visit this hotel for a couple of nights almost every year, and we absolutely love it. I agree that it does need updating, but we've always found it to be clean and comfortable, which to me is more important than the latest decor.

We've had both gulf views and city views and to be honest, either is fine with us. Yes, it's great to have the gulf view but the city views are nice, especially at night. The higher the floor the better the views are. This year we'll be going in November as well as our usual April/May visit, and it will be dark much earlier then so I think I'd actually prefer the city view for this visit.

The views from the top floor Sand Dollar restaurant are amazing, last time we were there we were watching dolphins playing while we ate. The food is fine, not 5 star, but we always eat there at least once just for the views! There are also lots of good restaurants (and shops) at St. Armands, which is only a few minutes walk away. I'd definitely recommend trying breakfast at the Blue Dolphin in St. Armands, their omelettes are to die for! Though having said that the buffet breakfast in the hotel is very good too, if maybe a little pricy.

I'd also recommend a drive to Longboat Key, it's not far and there's a State Park there which is well worth stopping off at. There's also a smaller State Park a couple of miles or so down the road from the hotel which we usually go to.

I've given this hotel five stars although I know that technically it doesn't warrant it because of the need for updating, but because we love it so much I found myself unable to give it anything less!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

We love you back! See you in the fall.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
#3 of 12 in Siesta Key
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
#4 of 50 in Sarasota

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach? Share your experiences!