We rented 2 villas last month for a family vacation. The pool area has been renovated since our last stay in 2008 and is heated to a much more comfortable temperature. As others have pointed out, the resort is quiet and the villas are quite clean and comfortable. The crowd is definitely much older (think early bird special) than the group who were there from 1993 to 2008 when we visited annually. That said, we had 2 toddlers in the pool on a daily basis and were not hassled by any of the self-appointed scolds. We went later in the afternoon because the sun is not as dangerous to little ones then, and we don't particularly enjoy navigating around the conversing noodle floaters.
Both of the units we were assigned have been renovated to various degrees. A few quibbles. Mattresses were too soft for our liking and some appliances are ancient. Untethered large screen TVs are a safety hazard and should either be wall-mounted or on more substantial units. We had no issues, but someone will and the lawsuit won't be pretty.
We will definitely consider a return visit the next time we are in Florida.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Famous Siesta Key is just 2 miles away! Located in 25 acres of wooded pines & a tropical park-like setting, you will enjoy walks along two scenic ponds inhabited by a wide variety of wildlife such as Great Blue Herons, it's Birder's Paradise! 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, washer, dryer, living & dining, private garage w/remote entry, screened-in furnished patios. FREE WIRELESS INTERNET, DVD, Cable TV, and FREE PHONE CALLS. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Timberwoods Vacation Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Timberwoods Vacation Villas And Resort
- Timberwoods Vacation Villas Hotel Sarasota