“This hotel should be demolished”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #39 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Croydon, United Kingdom
“This hotel should be demolished”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I naively booked this hotel for a business trip. I thought it might be a bit on the basic side, but I wasn't prepared for quite how bad this was. It's an old style motel with outside doors. Although the rooms were clean they were very dated. The furniture was very old, including the noisy air conditioner and fridge in the room. The hotel looked very "battered", the doors looked like they had been kicked a lot, etc. I didn't feel safe in my room, and I found out later that it is in a very bad area. I cancelled my reservation and found a better hotel, even though it meant paying for a night at this hotel that I didn't use.

In short, this hotel is a total dump. No amount of redecorating or remodelling will get it up to scratch, the only good thing to happen to it should be to demolish it and start again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Rob S
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear, Rob S

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Amine A.
Quality inn & Suites
941-355-7091

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New England
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

If you are a woman traveling alone, do not stay in this hotel. Lots of drinking in hallways and the locks in the rooms do not appear dependable. The room needs a major renovation. In short, it's a dump. I have never been scared in a hotel before, and I was too terrified I left after one night even though I had prepaid for two nights. I went to another hotel where I can at least sleep in peace. It's supposed to be a 2-star hotel. That's a stretch. Only one person is in the front desk. If any problems happen with all the drinking going on, call 911 as your best bet.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank cruisingonceagain
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Cruisingonceagain

Property CHI

Guest Relation Manager`

Quality inn & Suites

941-355-7091

Travelers are raving about these Sarasota hotels

Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 18, 2014

After another hotel sold my confirmed room to someone else, the manager Amin stepped up and saved my weekend. I got a nice clean room with all the standard amenities at the last minute on a very busy weekend.

It was very clean, comfortable and quiet. The hot breakfast spread smelled & looked good, but I had to skip it - so I can't say anything other than that.The staff were all very friendly and I'll likely stay there again next time I'm in town. The pool and workout room are a bit plain, but that's not why people stay here. The people made the difference.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank ajcortez
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Aj Cortez,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff and Amine. They join me in thanking you for your kind words. We are glad that you highlighted Amine’s exceptional service and that he was able to step up and save your weekend. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Ontario
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed one nigh during a four day road trip around Florida. The staff were very helpful and nice and friendly, Rooms were a little dated but clean and reasonable in price. The morning free breakfast was excellent especially my homemade waffles. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jake44,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. We are happy that you enjoyed our Q corner Cafe Breakfast that included Homemade waffles Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,

Barry P.
London, England
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This place, whilst clean & in a good location, has rooms that are very shabby,dark and dingy and in urgent need of an upgrade. It was VERY expensive for what it was, & we did wonder if we were being over charged as we were visitors from the UK. Our bath mat had a large boot print on it and when we took it to reception it was replaced but there was no apology.

• Stayed March 2014
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
•Dear LucyLondon28,

Guest Relations

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 17, 2014

After reading the reviews for the hotel, I was not sure so I booked for one night ended up staying 4. Highlights for me: SAMSUNG Flat Screen, The Wi-Fi on my iPad was fast; Obviously not as fast as my FIOS at home, but close enough. In the morning Free breakfast waffles, bagels, toast, yogurt, & Eggs were ok.

My husband & I were coming to visit friends & relatives in Sarasota Bradenton. For me it was a great location & not to far from the Airport. Quality Inn, had beautiful landscaping Check in was a breeze; No Complications & no hold-ups. Staff was very accommodating, & helped us find our way around & gave us really good suggestions about where to eat, & whats avail to do; close to the Ringling Museum of Art - it says RUN by FLORIDA STATE (who new) Siesta Beach was on our list of things to do, But Lido Beach was so much closer, so we decided to go there. For dinner we were recommended Barnicle Bill's which was a very good choice. Fantastic food, & wonderful service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Gabby2109
•Dear LucyLondon28,

Guest Relations

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel because of the price & have been kicking myself for not reading the reviews. The cleanliness is ok, although there are several drywall & paint issues. There is no desk only a table with 2 chairs & no electrical outlet nearby.The WiFi is slow & is constantly disconnecting & reconnecting. I asked the front desk about it & they said that it was due to several usera being on.

• Stayed January 2014