“If you are passing through”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #40 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The room had a musky smell to it, the bed and pillows were not that comfortable, our shampoo and lotion bottles were used. The only thing that looked updated in the room was the sink counter. We did not have the breakfast or swim in the pool, so I don't know how those things were. We were in town for a spring traing game so we only stayed one night. I definetly wouldn't have stayed more than that.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Brandon C,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor.com. On behalf of my entire team, I would like to apologize for your recent stay with us. I will talk to my Housekeeping Department and my General Manager regarding your recent stay with us and to find out why your shampoo and lotion were already used. I am sorry that our Q quality serta beds and pillows weren't that comfortable. I hope you enjoyed your spring training game. One of my manager will be contacting you soon regarding your recent stay with us.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

First thing was the room smelled dank and musty.
Second thing there was a dirty wash cloth used by prior person who stayed in the room.
Third thing was several hairs in the bed that were not mine.
Fourth and most unforgivable there were only twelve channels on the t.v.

When I travel the one thing I enjoy is being able to channel surf without getting yelled at. I guess I am spoiled on cable.
But I think it speaks volumes about the owner of the hotel who feels his clients would prefer twelve channels of which include the channel guide (to see what you are missing) and QVC (home shopping network).
I will not stay here again...

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank TomtheWeeklyTraveler
Gm_Fl317, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

It upsets us here at The Quality Inn & Suites to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I would like to take my time to notify you that we have taken measures in assuring that each individual room of our facility is inspecting thoroughly. We have also recently upgraded out Televisions & now are the proud owners of New 39" Flat Screen T.V.'s, also with added channels ! Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon !

Manisha P.
The Quality Inn & Suites of Sarasota Airport

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was a decent hotel to stay in for our quick trip to Sarasota. The staff was cordial, the room was clean, though dated. Free breakfast was fine. It was exactly on par with my expectations. If I had a quick trip to the area again, I would stay here. I would not stay for a week.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sara G

Dear Sara G,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.com. We are very glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our staff was very delighted to been able to serve you during your recent stay with us. We are very glad that your room and all our accommodations were to your standards. We hope to exceed your expectations the next time you stay with us.

Guest Relations.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Non smoking rooms aren't all non smoking. Pets are NOT free as advertised. Poor security as another guest was given our supposed safe key as he was booked into our room hours after we checked in. Go up the street. Avoid.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank CaptBruceBlomgren

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.com We do offer non-smoking rooms and smoking optional rooms. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your stay on your visit. I have shared your feedback with My general Manager to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. Once again we apologize for the experience you had at the hotel. We hope you will give us another chance next time your in the area.

Guest Relation

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Everything was horrible. Roaches, stains all over the room. Absolutely disgusting. Management's response to the roaches was "Well it is Florida". Many seedy people lurking around property. Vomit all over breezeway. Stay away!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank R S

Dear R S,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.com. We are very sorry about your experience with us. We are currently in the process of updating our hotel. We have contracted a new pest control company. Once again we apologize for the experience you had at the hotel. We hope you will give us another chance next time your in the area.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

After a horrible experience at a motel up the street and being forced to check out an hour after checking in, we drove a little further north on N. Tamiami Trail and found the Quality Inn. We were greeted by a very pleasant clerk who gave us a great deal on a room. A bit gun shy, I requested a key and asked to inspect the room prior to signing. Upon opening the door to the room I was pleasantly surprised to see that the room was very clean, had a mini fridge and microwave, and was recently updated. We saved $15.00 per night because the clerk suggested the AAA discount that I hadn't thought of. She was a life saver and we had four very pleasant nights at the Quality Inn. The room came with a basic breakfast and all of the employees were friendly and inviting.

Room Tip: The king suite was nice, upper floor. The breakfast ends at 9:00 am.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank N W
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear N.W,

We very much appreciate and value your response and will share it with our team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, especially given such a rough start to your trip. Our staff is committed to providing a pleasant experience for all of our guests and we are very happy to hear how wonderful they were during your stay.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more enjoyable than the last one.

Quality Inn Sarasota Airport

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My fiance and I needed a room just to get some sleep after a long day at Siesta Key. Me being a Choice Hotels employee, looked at my choices at a employee rate and picked this hotel because it was so close by. Check in was easy, we arrived very late, the room was exactly what I booked, and was comfortable for a nights sleep and a shower in the morning. Everyone was very nice at the start, and they even gave me a little extra time to check out in the morning. We left, and went about our day. Later that evening, I decided to check my bank account to see how much money I had left for spending on vacation, I saw my charge for the hotel stay, and then an extra $15.00. Very curious on what this charge was (we did NOT buy anything extra at the hotel) I called immediately. As soon as I talked to the person who answered the phone I told him my name and when we stayed and I was wondering what the even $15 charge was, he quickly responded, "Oh yes, I remember you, you were charged 5$ per pillow that was missing." Shocked, I said "excuse me??" He said yes 3 pillows were missing so a total of 15$ we charged. I told them I am an employee of Choice hotels, and I have been for 6 years, I would never in my life steal, let alone steal hotel pillows. To make a long story short, this went on all day back and forth, the "General Manager" who barely spoke english, who was very rude and unprofessional, said their maids have been there for years and would not lie. Well I would not lie either. I have been home from vacation for over a week, still no money has been refunded and I will never get that money back. I am in the process of calling Corporate to file a complaint, i will NOT be back (we visit Sarasota every year), and am in the process of disputing my card. Unfortunately for me i used my debit card and not a major credit card so their is more to the process.

Room Tip: Just do not stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BJ0109
Gm_Fl317, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear BJ0109,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your stay
with the Quality Inn Sarasota. I am very sorry to hear about the
unfortunate experience you had with our staff. In the future please
contact the General Manager or Guest Relations Manager Immediately so
we can make it right.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

Best regards,