WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Lido Beach Resort

Lido Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Sarasota
Rotonda West, Florida
“Great Location and Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Two buildings. A four story with limited view and a main tower which has excellent gulf views. Extremely clean rooms and common areas. Sunday Brunch is phenomenal. Very friendly staff members who go above and beyond to provide excellent service. Two pools one for adults only. The best part is it's pet friendly.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a nice, clean, affordable room and don't care about the view the 4 story...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Skippysmommy
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you for your comments about the Lido Beach Resort and for recognizing our staff. I will certainly share your comments with them. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We arrived at midnight after a long drive - and got a room where the cleaning had been abandoned in the midst of the process. That should not have happened. But, no problem. Within minutes, we got a clean room with the same stunning view.
True, the furniture in that part of the hotel has seen better days. (We were in the older, five-storey building on the left-hand side if you stand on the beach.) They are renovating in stages. But with such a view, a shared balcony to sit on, and miles of sandy beach right in front of the hotel, I can wait for the new furniture!
Esp. since food at the hotel restaurants is very good indeed (they have a grill bar at the pool, a normal restaurant, and a refined one which is truly excellent), and the staff is very friendly throughout.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mbshu
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry your initial room assignment was in error but appreciate your understanding. Hopefully by your next visit, renovations will have been completed! We look forward to your return again soon.
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The beachfront rooms are perfect and the swimming pool area is great for families.
I was there for a family friendly conference and everyone treated us with utmost respect and met all of our needs. The food served at the conference (selected by the sponsors) for the most part was delicious and presented very nicely for over 100 people.

The rooms are spacious with mini kitchens and most all have pull out sofas. The bathrooms seemed to have some water damage along the shower areas (saw more than just my room) but they are very clean. The rooms in the tower have balcony's that are very nice to sit, relax and watch for dolphins, nesting turtles and sea-life during this time of year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LDV27
Thank you for your feedback from the conference you attended at the Lido Beach Resort. I truly appreciate your comments. Hopefully, we will see you and your group back again in the near future!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

At arrival the front desk clerk was poorly trained. She kept saying my card was declined and I laughed because I knew she made a mistake. She tried another and the same prob, well she was trying to issue refunds instead of authorizations...10 mins later it was resolved and I was checked in. Parking is stressful, but we obtained it. The room was clean but oh my the 70's/80's style makes it feel cheap! The hotel allows smoking in the chairs by each room door so that was unpleasant. The pool is nice and there is a separate adult pool. The bar drinks were good, not cheap, but what beach bars are? The food at the beach bar was not great, but I've had worse.
The good part is the beach was beautiful! The chairs are complimentary. There is a rock slide that separates the public beach area from the resort, which apparently becomes more of a concern during boat races. The ocean is shallow and tapers nicely for kids at this location. Very family friendly except during boat race where it becomes a crowded sea of drunks.
I walked most resorts on Lido Key and this is about as good as it gets here. No modern resorts to be found. I was there for the fourth and there were fireworks on the beach provided by other resorts that was very nice. Sarasota has a big fireworks presentation at the marina, but parking and crowds are insane!
As I was loading the car to leave I noticed ants were all in my car. I asked maintenance personnel if this was common and they replied oh they don't bite but yes we have them here. I travel a lot, never has my car been invaded!
Other than the pretty beach this was not a pleasant stay:(

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank beachgurl247
Thank you for your very thorough review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry your stay was not a pleasant one as you indicated. I very much appreciate your observations so I may work to address the concerns you experienced and improve our resort. I would love the opportunity to make your next reservation personally to ensure your satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me directly. I look forward to hearing from you.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed in a junior suite on the 11th Floor in the tall tower. Beachfront view was fabulous! Room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Restaurants and the Tiki Bar were great! Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Stay in a junior suite in the tall tower!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and will return again in the future. We look forward to your next visit with us!
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Had a great day at Lido Beach Resort at the tiki bar. We had a great server who was from our neck of the woods in Plattsburgh NY. Dan told us about some great local spots and treated very well. No where near as pretencious as Ritz down the beach and better prices too . We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort and for recognizing one of our many great employees. We certainly look forward to your return to the Lido Beach Resort!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Best news first; beachfront views are absolutely amazing. The beach was perfect, not crowded at all. Scenery was 5 stars for sure; I did not want to leave.
The room was nice, if I was looking for things to complain about I probably could have found them, but overall I was satisfied.
Staff was friendly and the other guests seemed happy as well. Room service was fairly inexpensive.
We rented a room with a kitchen and the nearest my Walmart was 30 minutes away, we should have stopped there on our way in.
I loved it and miss it already.

• Stayed June 2014
      Location
1 Thank mandystillwell
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for reviewing the Lido Beach Resort! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and look to return. We look forward to your next booking with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach
Tropical Beach Resorts
#3 of 12 in Siesta Key
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,125 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!