Lido Beach Resort
$148
$139
$195
HotelIndigo.com
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$99
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$109
La Quinta
Knights Inn Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$75
$99
$93
Hotel Ranola(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$139
Regency Inn & Suites(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$69
$167
Travelocity
  • Pool
1,635 results
All reviewslido beachnewer towerarmand's circlefamily pooljunior suiteadult poololder buildingfree shuttlemain buildingpool areaocean frontgreat beachparking garagefloor restaurantsmall kitchenshuttle servicebeach view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2008

I just returned from a five day stay at the Lido. It was awesome. I traveled from Michigan to meet a Floridian friend for a girls getaway. She noticed an advertisement for the Lido in a local magazine and booked it for us. We were so pleased! Our double room had a very well equipped kitchenette which we were not even expecting. (We got a great deal, I think $140 per night) We would make ourselves a light breakfast while enjoying the complimentary newspaper which was delivered to us each morning. We had a great time swimming in the warm very clean Gulf waters everyday. The beach was extremely peaceful. The two hotel pools and the hot tubs were very nice too in the evening hours. The conveniently located Lido Grille and the Tiki Bar had very good food and drinks. We dined there a couple of times enjoying the warm breezes and the ocean view. Also I can't forget the blue skies all the fantastic sunshine!! There was a very festive feel! The easy 1.8 mile drive to St. Armand's Cirlce is something not to miss. Browsing the many wonderful shops, cafes, and bars and restaraunts made for a great afternoon or evening. The hotel offers a free on demand shuttle service to and from the Circle which is really nice if you don't feel like driving. Each night when we returned to the room it was wonderfully clean and comfy with the dishwasher emptied and bottled water replenished by the excellent housekeeping staff The entire resort was very clean and very well maintained. I cannot say enough great things about all of the staff. Everyone was really friendly and accommodating. They were wonderful at making you feel relaxed, welcome and well taken care of. This place was overall really awesome and I am planning on making this trip again next fall.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2008

Thank you for your detailed review of the Lido Beach Resort. We truly appreciate your comments and look forward to your return next year and hopefully sooner. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff as they enjoy hearing compliments from our guests. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed October 3, 2008

I stayed at the Lido Beach Resort as part of a business group. I arrived on Sept 30 and departed on Oct 3. While all aspects of the stay were excellent, the most noticeable quality about the resort is the attitude of service from every member of staff. The front desk, especially the ever agreeable, ever helpful Maria helped me with all my business needs. Maria's sunny disposition and friendly smile are such a great way to start a visit to a resort. The concierge, Paige, got me set for shopping, biking and hitting the beach. They were prompt with information and assistance and every request was met with a smile and a cando attitude.

Paige arranged a bike for me. It was delivered to the hotel by Backyard Bike shop manager, Corey and his pup. It was in good condition and reasonably priced. Biking is a great way to explore the key.

I only had one meal at the Lido because the others were arranged by my business associates. The food was fine but not exceptional. However the service from Ginnie was exceptional. She had such an interest in her customers. I stopped in the bar one night for a drink and the bartender was a delightful guy from CT, cannot recall his name, but he was very friendly and kept the Dodger and Cub fans from killing each other.

My room was located in the tower and was spotless, in good working order, very nicely appointed. Good quality towels and linens. The shower is small but adequate.

I would highly recommend this resort. It is a first class place which clearly has a strong message of service to the clients. It makes for a very happy guest!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2008

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. Maria and Paige will be thrilled to hear how you recognized their efforts. I will be sure to share your review with them both. Thank you again and we look forward to a return visit from you in the future!

Reviewed September 18, 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at the Lido Beach Resort after reading all of the great reviews on Trip Advisor. It did not disappoint! Upon arrival they upgraded us to a gulfview room that was extremely clean and spacious. We headed straight to the Tiki Bar for some great food and drinks. The only downside is that the Tiki Bar closes at 8pm and there is not much nightlife within walking distance. Pools and beach are great and it is a nice walk to St. Armands Circle or you can take the free shuttle. We ate at Columbia Restaurant and enjoyed our meal. We would go back to the Lido Beach Resort again, with or without our kids. Its a great vacation spot for romance or families!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JillAOceanView_DE
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2008

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. We truly appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2008

Excellent hotel , brilliant position on the beach with a shuttle service to St Armands Circle , running until 10.30pm. We had not booked a room , turned up and got a very good rate $134 per night for an ocean view room . Facilities in the room were excellent , a wonderful few days , will definitely return .

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed September 5, 2008

My wife and I just returned from a week at the Lido Beach Resort. I must tell you that it was one of the best experiences either of us has had. From the second we checked in, to the moment we left, we were treated like royalty. The entire staff were professional and courtious to extreems. The tiki bar staff knew my name after my first encounter. Laura, Clark, and Walter(my wife's favorite) kept my drinks fresh and tasty. Edgar the cabana guy was quick to setup an umbrella and supply fresh towels.
While there be sure to check out the restaraunt on the 8th floor. The food is wonderful, best crab cakes in town! Breakfast was quick and delicious.
Even the food at the bar was well made and convienient for the times we didn't want to leave the beach.
Over all we had a wonderful time at this resort, and are looking forward to another visit soon.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2008

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Lido Beach Resort. The staff will be thrilled to hear how you have chosen to recognize them. I will be sure to share your comments. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your return in the future!