“Make sure you get a renovated room”
Review of Lido Beach Resort

Lido Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The facilities and staff are good. But, if you don't get a renovated room the accommodations could be poor. Our first room had torn and dirty carpets. The tiles in the bathroom were cracked so badly, you could cut you feet. Check out the room before you open your bags!!!

Our second room was great. All new floors and bath. Ask for a Jr. Suite facing the pool.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Traveler186
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry you experienced some issues in your first room. Unfortunately, we have only 4 model rooms completed in the entire hotel. We are working on plans to renovate all rooms in the near future. The expectation is that all rooms will have the look and feel of the second room you enjoyed. I hope you will return again in the future to see the changes we will be making. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed this past weekend at the Lido Beach "Resort" in Sarasota. I had read about different quality levels on rooms that were renovated vs. those that weren't, and at check in I asked for an updated room. Well, I am assuming that we didn't get one because the room looked very dated. It was room 145, on the ground floor right by the pool. The bad news is that there were windows on the side facing the bar and on the back facing the pool. In both cases we had to keep the black out curtains closed because there were people directly on the other side of the glass that could look into our room. We could also hear their conversations. In addition to a generally dated feeling, there were several cracked floor tiles, a few walls that appeared to be crumpling, cobwebs all over the curtains, etc. (see my photos for evidence). Let's just say that for well over two hundred dollars a night I expect a higher standard of room. The maid service came on the second day and she did replace the towels, but did not provide any more products (shampoo, conditioner or lotion), even though I had used a good amount of them. She also didn't do anything about the cobwebs on the curtains. The beach bar was nice and we had generally good service there. We were leaving on Sunday - and let me say that the place seemed pretty empty - and they would not budge at all on the noon check out. In all, I was pretty disappointed with this hotel and I certainly didn't feel that it was worth the amount that I spent. Next time I would spend a bit more and stay at the Ritz.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room and a higher floor. Although that didn't work for me.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank purplejenn11
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I apologize for the issues you cited. We are working towards renovating every room in the hotel but that certainly is no excuse for a lack of cleaning and service. I would love to speak with you personally regarding your stay. I am hopeful you will reach out to me directly. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

***Location***:
Very good. It is good for europeans, who like to walk. Armands Circle - a very nice roundabout, lots of places to seat, smoke a cigar, restaurant, bars, shopping - 15 mins walking from the lobby.
25 mins drive to Bradenton Airport, 1 hr to Tampa International. Sometimes you have to add max 15 mins for traffic.

***Beach***:
Very nice beach for hotel guests only, accessible directly from pool & bar, free chairs on the beach.

***Pool***
There are three. The biggest, heated - you can take your children to, the other two incl. jacuzzi are for +18 only.

***Food***
1) Bar by the pool - if you care for your weight - ceasar's salad with chicken, no dressing - perfect
2) Breakfast - if you care for your weight - smoked salmon platter
3) Dinner - restaurant on the top - beautiful view on the skyline, perfect for romantic dinner, grilled lamb or fish, good wine list

***Rooms***
Small double rooms with a view to the parking - you can't open the window, AC only even, when there is breathable air outside. Shame.
No hotel TV. No payTV system. Only 2 channels for kids with terrible cartoons, only Sponge Bob acceptable ;-)
Coffe machine was fine.
Apts in the tower - perfect for 2+1, but expensive.

***Crew***
Very nice and helpful.
Overall - perfect for 1 week stay in Sarasota

Room Tip: Take the tower
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for spending a week with us here at the Lido Beach Resort and for your review of the hotel. I appreciate your comments very much as I will use them to continue to improve our offerings. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay! Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed here for a business meeting. The staff was very friendly; check-in was speedy. The view from the rooms was amazing. People were walking on the beach and surfing in the Gulf even with the cold outside temperature. We were in Room 6007. The gentleman at the front desk told us to drive our car up to the 6th floor parking ramp. Made it easy to carry our luggage to our room. The bed was comfortable. There was a floor tile right in front of the kitchen sink that was loose. The bathroom has some water damage due to the shower design. The room temperature was good even though it was 50 deg outside. The omelets in the restaurant were very good. The catered lunches were good. The conference room temperature was very cold the first day. There is great shopping and dinning within a mile of the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I certainly appreciate your comments so we may continue to improve the hotel. Hopefully you can return for a more leisurely visit. We would love to see you return again soon!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Lido Beach Resort is in a prime spot on Lido Key, convenient to everything in and near Sarasota. The beach is fabulous here. Bustling St. Armand's Circle is less than a mile away. Downtown Sarasota is very convenient, and Longboat Key is just beyond the circle. There is plenty to do here (beach, pools, hot tub, tiki Bar, shopping, restaurants, art galleries. The renovated rooms in the high-rise are clean and simply decorated. The Keurig coffee, bottled water and microwave popcorn were nice, but not worth the $20 resort fee added to the daily bill. It's good that renovations are being done, but they were banging, hammering and clanging just above our room starting at 8:00 am. Some people like to sleep in at the beach! Calls to the front desk were not helpful. The front desk staff were indifferent, not rude, but not really concerned about their customers.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Julie L

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort. I apologize you were disturbed during your stay with some of the changes we are making. Our goal is to minimize if not eliminate any inconvenience while we continue to improve the property. Again, please accept my deepest apologies for disturbing your time here.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Love hotel is only 10 minutes from SRQ A/P! Stop at Publix on the way, stock up for fridge & ready. Location best! Remodel of hotel taking FOREVER! Have been guest for 5+ years & still working on updating rooms at snails' pace. Some rooms really tired & need refreshing. Kitchen area really functional.

Room Tip: Reserve south tower facing Gulf-worth every penny compared to 4-story building.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Adrienne J
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for sharing your review of the Lido Beach Resort and for returning over the years. I understand your disappointment in our renovation plans taking so long. We are working diligently towards a room renovation. I am sorry it is taking longer than expected. I look forward to sharing the plans once they are finalized. Thank you again for your comments and continued patronage!

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband attended a conference here so we got to stay at this beautiful resort. Besides the outstanding location- near St. Armand's Circle ( free shuttle) this place is directly on the beach. Great room plus the bar by the pool served excellent food and drinks. I had the fresh fish sandwich twice it was so good. We are heading back there with our dog since we found out they have pet friendly rooms for up to two dogs 25 lbs. or less. Can't wait!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank zjanz

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and certainly look forward to you return again soon!