Lido Beach Resort
$139
$170
HotelIndigo.com
$89
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$154
$129
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$110
$132
$128
Orbitz.com
1,632 results
All reviewslido beachnewer towerarmand's circlefamily pooljunior suiteadult poololder buildingfree shuttlemain buildingpool areaocean frontgreat beachparking garagefloor restaurantsmall kitchenshuttle servicebeach view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband attended a conference here so we got to stay at this beautiful resort. Besides the outstanding location- near St. Armand's Circle ( free shuttle) this place is directly on the beach. Great room plus the bar by the pool served excellent food and drinks. I had the fresh fish sandwich twice it was so good. We are heading back there with our dog since we found out they have pet friendly rooms for up to two dogs 25 lbs. or less. Can't wait!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank zjanz
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and certainly look forward to you return again soon!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed at this resort a couple years ago for work. I was placed in the tower with the outside entrances and felt they were very outdated. My colleagues stayed in the tower with the inside entrances and it was beautiful (for the same price...I was more than a bit bitter! :) The beach and pool were great and I loved the location. It is walking distance to St. Armand's Circle or you can take a shuttle if you are feeling lazy :) Anyway, some of my friends are getting married nearby in a couple months and this is one of the hotels they recommended as they are having one of their events there. I saw the prices have gone up quite a bit and am hesitant to book there given that I don't want to stay in the outdated tower again, and I'm guessing the newer tower is much more expensive. I will probably end up somewhere else. If you can afford the newer tower, I'm sure you will love your experience at Lido.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Anon520

Thank you for sharing your review of the Lido Beach Resort. It is true, there is a difference between the buildings. The biggest difference is all rooms in the 14 story tower are suites and the rates will reflect the size difference. We have over 14 different room types and rates associated with them to cater to a wide variety of budgets. I would be more than happy to assist you in booking the room you are looking for personally. Please feel free to contact me directly for assistance. I hope you will stay with us again when you visit the Sarasota area.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Escaping Chicago for a few days in January, almost any place warm would be welcome. But Lido and the area around it were the right mix of relaxing and active. Right on the beach and walking distance (3/4 mile) to St. Armand's, you've got it all here. Room was clean & big. We went for a beachfront King in the south tower, which appears to be more "hotel" vs. the original building which is kind of "motel". Both are very nice. The people were welcoming and the music by the pool on Sunday (1/12) was awesome, with a live performance by an excellent guitarist & singer (maybe management can pipe in with his name). Sun. Relaxation. Good food nearby and free parking! Love it!

Room Tip: Go with the high rise south tower if you prefer "hotel" vs. "motel". Beachfront king is very nice and reasonable for what it is.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Chris D

Thank you for your review Chris D. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Lido Beach Resort. Mike McConnell, our guitarist for the day, will be pleased to hear you mentioned his talents. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Had very limited choices on where to stay because had to be in area for a family reunion. The hotel looks nothing like the pictures except it is beach front. Very seedy crowd, rooms and common areas smelled dank and really foul odors in hallways. This is a 2 star hotel, at best. We left and booked at Ritz Carlton for nearly the same price. Should've booked at Ritz originally but no rooms were available at time of original booking. Front desk people were pleasant but the hotel needs a major clean up, overhaul and renovation before I would even consider it habitable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank SEliz1960
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. I would love to hear from you personally to discuss your stay and to further understand the issues you experienced. Please feel free to contact me directly. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I've been staying at the Lido Beach Resort during visits to Sarasota for more than 6 years. I've always enjoyed it but felt, even though the guest rooms are spacious and spotless, the hotel was really beginning to look outdated and "tired." BUT on my stay in mid December, I was happy to see there have been recent renovations and additions. A brand new HUGE tiki bar by the pool, some new pool furnishings at the adult pool and the lobby restaurant was renovated with a beautiful new bar. The staff was friendly as always and service was great. Most important, the guest rooms are still some of the cleanest I've ever seen. I recommend the gulf view suites for families. Its like being in your own apartment. I can't wait to go back and see more updates as they make them!

Room Tip: The suites are perfect for family travel
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for your review and your continued patronage of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you enjoyed the changes we have made. I, like you, am looking forward to more changes in the future. I look forward to your comments when those changes come to fruition! Thank you again for your comments!