“Very nice staff and beautiful beach”
Review of Lido Beach Resort

Lido Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband surprised me for my birthday with an overnight stay here. not being the experienced hotel booker, he booked online and thought the hotel was only the tall tower and wanted the gulfview there. Upon check-in, we had to wait for a clean room, but it was alittle before 3pm so understandable.

We took a look around the property and realized it was the nice tall tower and an older 4 story property too. We were not about to stay in the older one as it was a former motel.

I spoke to the assistant manager, Tim H., and he was sooo very nice and accommodating. He put us up in the 6th floor suite in the tower at no additional upgrade charge.I really was so impressed it was a 2 king, 2 bath suite with balcony and great ocean view. I like that there was garage parking and an entrance to each floor from the garage. So convenient, especially when you have young children and lots of luggage.

The first impression of the room was wonderful...closer inspection, the tiles needed replacement and furniture was a bit worn. Nice to have full kitchenette.

Husband thought the Florida residence deal included breakfast for 2 and 2 free bar drinks. When I inquired with Susan R. at the front desk. She went over the rates and specials that were available online. Husband didn't realize it was a minimum 2 night stay. Susan was super nice and wished us a happy birthday anyway and gave us the vouchers. Also, found a coupon to save alittle on the room rate. High five to this gem of an Irish gal!

Overall, it was a very nice stay. Beaches and pool were great for kids. nice shallow area where we saw stingrays. Very beautiful.

Thanks for a great birthday! Food and drinks were very good!

Room Tip: Choose the tower on a high level.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Summer D
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I appreciate you recognizing some or our amazing staff. We hope you will return again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,568)

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed on the company dime but found the accommodations and food to be very good. Being on the beach I'm not sure I could afford to stay but location is what you pay for mostly. The staff was very friendly and when I needed to change rooms there was no issue at all.

• Stayed: September 2013
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed with several families. We were allowed an early check in which was good. We unloaded our bags and headed straight for the beach. There was about a 40 minute wait to get someone to set up chairs and umbrellas. By that point my husband had gone to the car, set up our own and brought out cocktails. There was only one person working on the beach. There was no cocktail service on the beach and the tiki bar was closed. The pool area was under construction and kind of a mess. No food or drink service at the pool either unless you were sitting at the bar. The rooms were outdated. The rooms did include a full size kitchen with dishes, utensils and everything you could need. The resort was just okay but the beach was beautiful. The kids enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Susan A

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry you experienced some service issues during your stay. Although our Tiki Bar is under construction, there absolutely should have been staff ready and willing to ensure your needs were met in every aspect. I will certainly use your comments to continue to train our staff and improve our service levels. I hope you will return when our Tiki Bar is complete and see the changes we are making. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We must have been there the same week Sajbain was (an earlier reviewer).
For the money we paid in off season in September it was still $270 per night!
The pool area was under construction and they were draining pumps causing a very unfriendly smell. We were allowed to check in early and our room was very nice but the toilet overflowed the minute we checked in. Maintenance arrived and fixed the toilet but water had seeped under the tiles in the floor and caused a brown ooze everywhere you stepped in the bathroom. Remedy- lots of mats in the bathroom. We were issued a $150 refund for our complaint.
On a brighter note, the view is spectacular and the beach is very nice for shell collectors. Shopping is nearby in Armand's Square but pricey.
A nice place to visit but could have stayed at the Holiday Inn down the street for half the price with the same view.

Room Tip: Stay in the "tower" for a view of the Gulf. Need to stay at least 4th floor or above for a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank candycorn1
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry you experienced some issues during your stay. We are working very hard to improve the hotel with as little disruption as possible. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to earn your business. I am positive you will be very impressed with the improvements.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I was hesitant to book because I didn't know the area but very glad I did. The resort is in need of a remodel but it is very clean, nice staff, great shower with no curtain which is a plus. Beds are comfy and cold ac. Beautiful view of the gulf. What more can you ask for

Shuttle takes you to Armand's circle which is an added bonus. Jacqueline is a pleasure when you call the resort. Actually all of the staff are great.
Would come again looking forward to the remodel.
John was so kind and friendly at the front desk when I checked in and when I checked out. Casey was great last night when I had some quick questions. Jeremy was a great driver for us.
We will be back

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Lido Beach Resort and recognize some of our staff in the process. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and will return in the future! We certainly look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Have stayed here before and always been satisfied. But standards have slipped. Not told when booking that the pool area was a building site. Sumps were being drained causing a pungent nauseous smell throughout the hotel. Bars shut by 10 and no room service. Not recommended for a holiday! Complaints to the front desk treated with disinterest. Brightest spot was extremely pleasant personable shuttle driver to St Almands circle. Overall suggest you choose a different hotel in this location

3  Thank Sajbain
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Thank you for your comments and returning to the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry you were not satisfied on this visit. I also want to apologize for your not being informed of the tiki bar renovation. We have tried very hard to reach all guests and be informative about the work on-going. The new tiki bar will be completed in a few weeks and I am sure you will be very impressed with the new look. I hope you will give us another opportunity to earn your business again.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here during a visit to the area for a triathlon. The service at check-in was ok, they didn't make us feel too welcomed. She was so concerned about leaving her shift and not assisting us right away. We unfortunately weren't able to get a kind bed and had this reserved for quite some time. When we got there, the couple in front of us ended up getting the last available kind bed (from a cancellation) for our room type. I had called previously to try to snatch a cancellation, so I thought it was kind of unfair they gave it away as first come first serve. The double beds definitely aren't for two! So my husband and I slept separate that weekend.
They did a pretty good job at updating all the finishes and furniture. However, you can tell the place has been run down a bit and needs further updating. They have all kinds of "freebies" in the room, I loved that! They have a Keurig coffee machine, popcorn and huge bottles of water that get replenished daily.
The hotel is right on the beach, that was great! You can't really see much of the ocean from the pool area, which was a bummer, but it's a large area with two pools and multiple hot tubs! They even have an adult area.
We only did lunch at the resort and weren't too thrilled. We both got the Philly Steak, it was very greasy and fatty (more than usual!). The service was pleasant though.
Overall, I'd definitely stay here again for a short visit. If I had stayed any longer than the weekend, I would have definitely upgraded to a room in the new tower. Something to consider.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley F

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I hope you did well in the triathlon or at the very least had a good time competing. I do appreciate your observations very much and will use them to continue to improve our service and facilities! Thank you for staying with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#1 of 51 in Sarasota
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!