My husband surprised me for my birthday with an overnight stay here. not being the experienced hotel booker, he booked online and thought the hotel was only the tall tower and wanted the gulfview there. Upon check-in, we had to wait for a clean room, but it was alittle before 3pm so understandable.
We took a look around the property and realized it was the nice tall tower and an older 4 story property too. We were not about to stay in the older one as it was a former motel.
I spoke to the assistant manager, Tim H., and he was sooo very nice and accommodating. He put us up in the 6th floor suite in the tower at no additional upgrade charge.I really was so impressed it was a 2 king, 2 bath suite with balcony and great ocean view. I like that there was garage parking and an entrance to each floor from the garage. So convenient, especially when you have young children and lots of luggage.
The first impression of the room was wonderful...closer inspection, the tiles needed replacement and furniture was a bit worn. Nice to have full kitchenette.
Husband thought the Florida residence deal included breakfast for 2 and 2 free bar drinks. When I inquired with Susan R. at the front desk. She went over the rates and specials that were available online. Husband didn't realize it was a minimum 2 night stay. Susan was super nice and wished us a happy birthday anyway and gave us the vouchers. Also, found a coupon to save alittle on the room rate. High five to this gem of an Irish gal!
Overall, it was a very nice stay. Beaches and pool were great for kids. nice shallow area where we saw stingrays. Very beautiful.
Thanks for a great birthday! Food and drinks were very good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location on Lido Key, an island in the Gulf of Mexico with easy access to downtown Sarasota. Featuring 222 suites, kitchenettes and deluxe guest rooms. Short stroll from the renowned shops and cafes of St. Armand's Circle. Beachfront pools - one for families and one for adults 18+ - hot tubs and oceanfront Tiki bar. Two restaurants - one on top of the hotel with panoramic views of Sarasota and the ocean - fitness room and 6,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lido Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lido Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Lido Beach Sarasota
- Lido Beach Resort Florida
- Lido Beach Resort Sarasota