“Relaxing Getaway”

Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Naples, Florida
“Relaxing Getaway”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Sarasota is just two hours distance from my home and decided to take a four day getaway to celebrate my husbands birthday. Check in was a breeze, with friendly staff and other vacationers. The room was roomy and very clean. The Lido provides two 1L waters per day, Kuerig coffee maker with a few single serve pods of coffee/tea, a bag of microwave popcorn per nights stay for each room; and beach towels you can get near the pool area. There's also lounge chairs on the beach.
They also provide a shuttle to take you to and from St. Armand's Circle until about 10pm. So if you're not up for driving this is great. However, if you so happen to be out at the circle after the shuttle stops running, it's a nice stroll back to the Lido.
My husband and I enjoyed our stay and the staff was wonderful and pleasant. Oh yeah, the food from The Lido Grill (i hope i got the name correct), on the 8th floor was delicious. The staff was professional, courteous and very accommodating. Would definitely visit here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very please you had a relaxing getaway. We certainly look forward to your return in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
Southern NJ
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here for a convention. Loved the location on the 4th floor overlooking the beach at sunset. We could sit outside our room most of the time and enjoy the breeze. The room itself was clean and spacious with a large shower in the bathroom. It had a kitchenette which helped us keep costs down. However, there were numerous small things that were annoying for example the fridge leaked water, the dishwasher top shelf was broken, dirty utensils, broken tiles in the bathroom, the blanket on the bed was torn, and the two elevators were extremely small and hot inside. All the employees we dealt with were very friendly and helpful. The resort provides a free shuttle service to the upscale shopping center at St. Armand's circle. The pool area and beach are very nice. There are two restaurants one on the ground floor and another on the 8th floor of the 2nd building, however we did not eat in either one. Overall we enjoyed our stay but wonder why this building seems so neglected and yet there is a nicer building with a parking deck attached.

Room Tip: try and get a sunset or beach view on a higher floor esp. in the newer building.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with at the Lido Beach Resort during your recent convention. I can certainly understand your disappointment and apologize for the items you mentioned. The hotel is to begin a renovation soon on both buildings to address many of the concerns you cited. I hope you will return to see the changes when completed. Thank you for your comments.
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

You can't be the location. It's within walking distance of St Armand's Circle. The beach is pristine and beautiful. Three cons- 1) the outdoor bar is disgusting. It stinks and doesn't look like its been cleaned in ages. 2). Service is OK. The Bartender at Lido Grill told everyone that the bar closed at 10. It felt rude. 3). Beware of the term "balcony". We stayed in 428. There are no balconies unless you are ocean front.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Applewhite1
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I can certainly appreciate your observations. The Tiki bar is cleaned regularly but is in need of renovation. I am very pleased to say this will happen very soon and I hope to be able to share specifics in the very near future. I apologize for any rudeness on the part of the staff, this is unacceptable. Additionally, the balconies on many rooms in the main building are "shared". We do have 14 different room types on property, many of which have their own balconies. Our reservations staff would be more than happy to explain any and all options when booking. I hope you will provide us another opportunity to serve you in the future, especially when our renovations are complete!
Maryland
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Came here for a meeting, and Lido beach is lovely. The hotel supplies beach towels and I treasured my morning swims. We also had a very pleasant conference dinner there. My one caveat is that many rooms do not have windows that open, which could be nice if you want to avoid humidity, but I go to Florida for the tropical air. They moved me, very promptly, and all the service was friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Ask about windows that open
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank emmy_7
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you were able to take advantage of our location while attending your meetings. Hopefully you will return for some rest and relaxation with no meetings to tie you down!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

A very 3 star experience for 400 a night. Drinks at the bar were 16$ each...we went on a cruise the next day and the same drink was 7$ each to put that into perspective. They didn't clean the room until 3 the next day and the bartender at the pool bar was very rude after I hade to ask for another lemonade due to floating things in the first one. Nothing crazy, but unacceptable at 400 a night.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jjpinney
Thank you for your recent review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry your stay was not the most enjoyable one. There is certainly no excuse for any staff to be rude. I will be sure to use your review with our team to continue to improve our level of service. Thank you again for your comments.
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was a regular at Lido Beach Resort and always recommended to co-workers and friends.
It was the only hotel we would consider when wanting a beach getaway, but as expressed in the mailed and faxed letter to management, this resort now seems neglected.
We usually would order room service and the service was acceptable, our favorite was breakfast , chocolate chip pancakes. The room service is now slow and the quality of food has declined greatly. When we called to report a cold breakfast and dinner, we were ignored.
There was a constant flushing sound coming from the toilet that was never repaired,
The staff controlling the towels was extremely rude and customer service as a whole had gone from mediocre, to terrible. The check in was rude, not so much as a smile form the lady checking us in. The rug in the room was old and smelly. Needless to say, I have never been back since our last stay.
I see that some of the comments here have been addressed; however my letter was never answered , nor did we ever receive an apology for the lack of customer service. My letter was not rude or condescending for it to remain unaddressed, so the fact that management is answering the complaints here, is an indication that they are only doing it for 'show'.
Shame on the management of Lido Beach that ignores previously loyal customers.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the South Tower, they are newer and the have tile flooring, which helps with stagna...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding the Lido Beach Resort. I can assure you, the answers to tripadvisor posts are not "for show". I take our customers feedback very seriously. I do not recall receiving any letters or faxes that I have not responded to in a timely manner. I apologize that yours has been overlooked. I would love the opportunity to speak with you personally to address any and all concerns you have and hopefully convince you to give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Please feel free to call me directly. I look forward to speaking with you very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
#4 of 49 in Sarasota
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!