Lido Beach Resort
$189
$74
$138
$129
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$119
$150
$144
HotelIndigo.com
$148
$143
$219
$190
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$108
$113
$379
  • Restaurant
1,666 results
All reviewslido beachnewer towerarmand's circlefamily pooljunior suiteadult poololder buildingfree shuttlemain buildingpool areaocean frontgreat beachparking garagefloor restaurantsmall kitchenshuttle servicebeach view
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

You can't be the location. It's within walking distance of St Armand's Circle. The beach is pristine and beautiful. Three cons- 1) the outdoor bar is disgusting. It stinks and doesn't look like its been cleaned in ages. 2). Service is OK. The Bartender at Lido Grill told everyone that the bar closed at 10. It felt rude. 3). Beware of the term "balcony". We stayed in 428. There are no balconies unless you are ocean front.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Applewhite1
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I can certainly appreciate your observations. The Tiki bar is cleaned regularly but is in need of renovation. I am very pleased to say this will happen very soon and I hope to be able to share specifics in the very near future. I apologize for any rudeness on the part of the staff, this is unacceptable. Additionally, the balconies on many rooms in the main building are "shared". We do have 14 different room types on property, many of which have their own balconies. Our reservations staff would be more than happy to explain any and all options when booking. I hope you will provide us another opportunity to serve you in the future, especially when our renovations are complete!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Came here for a meeting, and Lido beach is lovely. The hotel supplies beach towels and I treasured my morning swims. We also had a very pleasant conference dinner there. My one caveat is that many rooms do not have windows that open, which could be nice if you want to avoid humidity, but I go to Florida for the tropical air. They moved me, very promptly, and all the service was friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Ask about windows that open
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank emmy_7

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you were able to take advantage of our location while attending your meetings. Hopefully you will return for some rest and relaxation with no meetings to tie you down!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

A very 3 star experience for 400 a night. Drinks at the bar were 16$ each...we went on a cruise the next day and the same drink was 7$ each to put that into perspective. They didn't clean the room until 3 the next day and the bartender at the pool bar was very rude after I hade to ask for another lemonade due to floating things in the first one. Nothing crazy, but unacceptable at 400 a night.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jjpinney

Thank you for your recent review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry your stay was not the most enjoyable one. There is certainly no excuse for any staff to be rude. I will be sure to use your review with our team to continue to improve our level of service. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was a regular at Lido Beach Resort and always recommended to co-workers and friends.
It was the only hotel we would consider when wanting a beach getaway, but as expressed in the mailed and faxed letter to management, this resort now seems neglected.
We usually would order room service and the service was acceptable, our favorite was breakfast , chocolate chip pancakes. The room service is now slow and the quality of food has declined greatly. When we called to report a cold breakfast and dinner, we were ignored.
There was a constant flushing sound coming from the toilet that was never repaired,
The staff controlling the towels was extremely rude and customer service as a whole had gone from mediocre, to terrible. The check in was rude, not so much as a smile form the lady checking us in. The rug in the room was old and smelly. Needless to say, I have never been back since our last stay.
I see that some of the comments here have been addressed; however my letter was never answered , nor did we ever receive an apology for the lack of customer service. My letter was not rude or condescending for it to remain unaddressed, so the fact that management is answering the complaints here, is an indication that they are only doing it for 'show'.
Shame on the management of Lido Beach that ignores previously loyal customers.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the South Tower, they are newer and the have tile flooring, which helps with stagnant smell that rooms with rugs might have.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding the Lido Beach Resort. I can assure you, the answers to tripadvisor posts are not "for show". I take our customers feedback very seriously. I do not recall receiving any letters or faxes that I have not responded to in a timely manner. I apologize that yours has been overlooked. I would love the opportunity to speak with you personally to address any and all concerns you have and hopefully convince you to give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Please feel free to call me directly. I look forward to speaking with you very soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Lido Beach Resort was a nice Anniversary trip to the beach. The facility is right on the beach with plenty of sand and sea. The outdoor bar was basic, but the drinks and the staff were very good ( we understand that a new pool side bar is in the works). There are two pools and were well used by the guests (I think the wedding attendees were from up north).

The building we stayed in was rather dated somewhat like an older Holiday Inn. The room was clean had a kitchenette and table. There is also a high rise section that appeared to be more up to date.

There was a large wedding going on and we were fortunate to get the last available room when we booked it online. The staff were very professional and helpful. The breakfast was very good and reasonable. The shuttle to St. Armon's Circle was very convenience and ran about every 15 minutes.

Overall, we were very pleased and would think of returning again.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer high rise building.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoveToTravel34728

Thank you for your detailed review of the Lido Beach Resort. The summer can certainly be very busy when trying to book. I am glad you were able to stay with us and hopefully return again in the future very soon.