“spring break with family”
Review of Lido Beach Resort

Lido Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We are family of five. Two boys, 7 and 5, and baby girl . We have chosen Lido Beach Resort for our spring break getaway because its location to the beach and kitchenette in the room. We were not disappointed. It is perfect location to the beach , shopping circle and other activities in town. The room was older but clean . Unfortunately we were not able to see sunset from our room because our windows were faced the inside court.

Room Tip: 234 room does not have beach view.
1  Thank elogin01
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased to hear you and your family had an enjoyable time. We certainly look forward to your return in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,568)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a small issue upon check-in that was simply an inexperienced employee trying too hard and going solely by the book, so to speak. Another gentleman jumped in and upgraded us to a premier room with a view to die for! This is a local hotel that we see often but decided to stay one time to experience it ourselves so we can use as a landing pad for friends & family in the future...well, it's a great find!

kudos to the brunch buffet as well. At $80 +, was pricey but the view and delicious food numbed the sting of the bill a bit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to providing the same great services and amenities your friends and family may require in the future!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was our second stay. I love the location but have to say for the price we paid, the service was only okay and the rooms really need updating. If you are an adult, the adult pool is nice. The other pool is filled with kids. Maybe not staffed for Easter break, but the poolside bar and restaurant staff was very unattentive. They almost seemed to igore people. I waited over 30 minutes one day to get someone to serve us for lunch. Finally, my 13 year old daughter and I just got up and went to the bar. We got okay service there, but I believe it was only because they were not busy. The beach is lovely, and we enjoyed walking it and running it each day. The water was also very blue and very lovely. There is a women who works at the front desk, and I think her name is Sara. She is awesome. Additionally, most days, breakfast was great. The food was always great, but sometimes it is a bit slow. I am mixed on the place. There are not a lot of non-condo/home places to stay in the area, but I don't know if we will go back.

Room Tip: Tower up high has a great view of the sunsets.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and for sharing your Easter break with the Lido Beach Resort. I am very sorry everything was not perfect during your stay. I appreciate your feedback and will certainly share with the appropriate departments to continue to improve the level of service we provide! I hope you will provide us another opportunity to earn your business in the future!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I love this resort. They have a parking garage, poolside bar, and beautiful rooms. Their breakfast is to die for... Make sure you stay on the south side in an upper story room for a great view. We started out on the north side on the 1st floor and the view was only of the pool. We got there late and it was dark, so the next morning to my surprise, there was a man 6 feet from my patio in his speedo. Not a sight to see first thing in the morning. We requested a different room and they accomodated us. There was an up charge, but the room was much better; with a kitchenette. I would definitely revisit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kdeal47882

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very happy you "love" the resort! I do apologize for the "view" you received. I am glad we were able to better accommodate you in reference to that. We look forward to your return in the future!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Loved the amazing beach, the upscale restaurant upstairs of the taller building, but not at all happy with the low building where we stayed and the breakfast grill.
The rooms were cramped and old in our building, although the bathroom looked more recently redone, though very small. In my opinion, the whole lower buildings should be torn down and rebuilt. We were told we would see the water, but the high bushes behind the pool limited our view of the gulf. For the price of the low building, we expected much more. We never got to see the taller hotel, but have heard it is much nicer.( We tried to book the room there, but they were booked.)
The food and service at the breakfast grill were great, but again, the room itself could badly use an update.
With the location and atmosphere, I guess we just expected it to be more on a par of the Ritz down the road, but it did not come close.
Even the pool area could be nicer. In need of more comfortable lounges, nicer tables, colorful umbrellas and colorful placements and redesign of the bar area would be a cheap fix that would add to the atmosphere. The bathrooms near the pool needed cleaning badly and more often, as the pool was very busy. We would come back, but would try for the tall building and hope some upgrades take place soon!!

Room Tip: try the big building over the lower one!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FancyKats3

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort. The hotel is working diligently on renovation plans for the near future to encompass the entire facility. I look forward to sharing those details when available. I do apologize for the items we could have done better on and will work to improve that aspect of the property. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to your return in the future!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Enjoyed being right on the beach and close to St Armands Circle for shopping and restaurants. Rooms were clean, Staff were very nice. Kudos to Andrew who worked in the cafe and restaurant: very friendly and called us by name the whole week. Outside bar and grill was great, love having an ice cold drink while sitting on the beach or at the pool.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and the recognition of Andrew. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Lido Beach Resort. I will be sure to let Andrew know you mentioned him in you review.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were here for a family members wedding. Nice location, but way overpriced for just an average beach hotel room. The tile was loose in our bathroom and hallway, which was very noisy! Sunday brunch at lido beach grille was very good. Lunch at cafe lido not the best. Parking garage available for parking, which was nice.

1  Thank AroundNAround

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am sorry your experience with everything was not perfect. I appreciate your feedback and will certainly use it to improve the facilities. I hope the wedding was a wonderful one.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#1 of 51 in Sarasota
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!